Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New look for the SS

Well, temporarily anyways. I've wanted to finish blacking out aka "murdering out" my SS for a few years but in a different style, keeping RWL tires for a different look than the larger rim style plus I didn't want to invest alot in a second set of wheels to be honest. For those that don't know (ok, most of you) 17x8 polished aluminum Torque Thrust II's are the usual wheel on this car for the past 7 years. I put stockers on once between and a set of black GTA wheels for a short time as well. I was going to get some cheap American Racing black 15x8's but I figured I might as well use the stock wheels since I already own them and the tires are in pretty decent shape yet too. I do plan to mount drag radials and remove the 215/65's off which will leave 235/60's for the front. (Stock MCSS tires are 215/65/15). The wheels are in pretty good shape which is kind of ashame but its only paint and they can be had for a pretty cheap price anyways. Just cleaned, lightly sanded, primed and painted with what I had laying around. Probably not a permanent look, especially when DR's would be added, but at least for awhile. I previously tinted the side markers and tailights plus the obvious window tint. If you think its cool or lame, thats cool, just figured I'd share. Car is dusty from sitting the past couple weeks, I just took a quick picture for the time being:

Last edited by PB86MCSS; 06-15-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    I like it. Looks sharp

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    looks very sharp! I'd get the red lettering off the door, but thats just my thoughts. looks good with or without....
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    what ^^^ he said

Thanks....don't plan to remove the lettering. I think it looks better with it on for the TT2's which are the primary wheel. If I stuck with black wheels I'd agree to remove it for a cleaner look. When I had the car painted it was all black without any decals and there are/were so many around in all black I wanted to put the decals back on at least.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

BCM Bruiser
    Somewhere between here and there and over there
    i think it looks good. tires seem a tad bit to small but thats just my opion

Post whore
    Looks great!
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Let me know when you want to sell that car!!!!

I think it looks great either way.

Irish
    sharp!

Thanks . No plans to sell, it was my first car and have had it over 10 years now (wow, been that long?) but you never know.

The tires are kinda small, the ones currently one are the stock size 215/65/15 . The other two stock wheels have 235/60's at least, whenever I get DR's the 215's will go and bump the 235's to the front. Still not super wide but it's only a 7" wide rim too. Might make the DR selection tricky.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

that looks awesome man
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Damn, that looks sweet!!

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Looking good Paul!!! I can't believe how much the wheels changes the look of the car

Looks sharp but I like it the other way just as much.

I've been looking for a decent MCSS but they all seem to be getting scooped up and heading towards the other side of town where they get candy paint and 24's on them...

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    24's are gay. everyone has 26's now
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really like it...I like how it keeps the classic and somewhat period look of the MCSS, which, imo, was the best looking GM vehicle of the 80's.

And I agree with you too paul...keep the lettering. It's a big part of the car imo. Clean that thing up, get the white lettering REALLY white, and then some black magic on the tires and that would be about as 1/4 as nice as looking at my wifes boobs.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

and that would be about as 1/4 as nice as looking at my wifes boobs.
    That's what I've been hoping to get it to look as good as . I mean, I can only assume what those look like.

Gotta get a matching set of lugs this weekend and start cleaning the car up. Will hit the letters and shine the tires up too and try to post pics once "finished".
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    car looks sharp dude..very clean

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

What company makes the headlight covers? Another idea is to just polish the lip and/or machined face of the wheel.

I forgot how much it costs to redo the red stripes, but I remember it was really expensive.

I love black and chrome, here's a bad pic from awhile ago.

Last edited by TransAm12sec; 06-20-2009 at 04:22 AM.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

GTS makes (made?) the headlight covers, I bought them about 10 years ago so I assume they are still the company.

I also like the polished lip of a rim....I think GTA/GNX style wheels look really sharp but wanted to try the all blacked out wheel. Plus the wheel would need a bit more work than I wanted to put into them at this time to polish the edge/lip.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares