Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    This is my buddies car:

His best time so far is low 13s running on only 2bbl from the Dominator carb. The linkage wasnt adjusted correctly and bound up and kept the butterflies closed during the run
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-31-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Post whore
    I had to re-read that again, i was like why the hell would he be running a 2 barrel on a car with that much rubber in the rear, haha
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

That's gonna be one sick street car
    Not Fast and Furious enough........

Small update.

It runs pretty good. Ill have to change out the throttle body for one that will accept a IAC valve, it hunts around too much for my liking.

I think once the car is done to my satisfaction, it will be up for sale. I have my eyes on a new project already, just need to talk to the wife to see if I can keep both.

Twicks- If you read this, Im looking for a new shop to tune the car, who would you recommend? AMS is at the top of my list right now.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolvedRegal View Post
    Small update.

It runs pretty good. Ill have to change out the throttle body for one that will accept a IAC valve, it hunts around too much for my liking.

I think once the car is done to my satisfaction, it will be up for sale. I have my eyes on a new project already, just need to talk to the wife to see if I can keep both.

Twicks- If you read this, Im looking for a new shop to tune the car, who would you recommend? AMS is at the top of my list right now.
    He will probably say Beyond Redline in green bay, thats where he tunes. I believe Luke up there is aem certified. They have the same dynojet AMS has.

I had my evo tuned at AMS and would recommend them for this application. Chris down there is pretty cool. He tunes most of the cars, including the 1100+ whp drag evo. He knows his shit!

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    I recommend Beyond Redline because they will likely be substantially cheaper than AMS for the custom tune, and will provide the same product.

I feel that Luke is a very experienced tuner that can produce consistent dyno-proven results while providing maximum streetability with the tune, instead of just producing peak power numbers. As well, he is a pro-tuner that is AEM Gold Certified. Luke has tuned several 1000+whp vehicles over the years and is extremely competent in numerous platforms; not just DSM's or Evos.

Chris at AMS is a very good tuner, but I do prefer Martin over Chris for tuning.

Both shops are very competent and can serve your needs.

As well, I believe that Luke at Beyond Redline does have dyno time available currently, and should be able to fit you in depending on YOUR schedule.

Good luck, and keep in touch!
    Last edited by twicks69; 12-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Post whore
    Good info Tim, i wasn't sure if Luke has tuned cars nearing 1000 whp, thats why i recommended AMS. I'm not sure how long it would take or how they would charge for this type of tune, for what it's worth, they both were about the same price for a dyno tune on my bolt on evo. AMS is a very busy place, like Tim said you may have more time to work with it up in Green Bay.

Thanks Tim and SSLEVO, I figured you would say them. When I called AMS they were about 6 weeks out just to get on the dyno

I do agree Martin is an excellent tuner, Ive met him a lot of times over the last few years all over the US.

Ill give them a call this week.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Just talk to Luke and he will set you up! If you want, you can tell him that I recommended you, and he will probably cut you a break on the pricing a bit.

They are great people to work with!
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by EvolvedRegal View Post
    This is my buddies car:

His best time so far is low 13s running on only 2bbl from the Dominator carb. The linkage wasnt adjusted correctly and bound up and kept the butterflies closed during the run
    Pretty sure I saw this car at Culver's one night this past summer. Ricers were doing burners so this guy showed them who was boss when he left
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Had a few mishaps in the last few weeks.

Engine developed a oil leak, so today since I have the day off Im going to try some of that UV engine oil dye to see where its coming from.

If anyone is interested this is the UV dye Im using, I don't believe in stop leak so I wont be using the 2nd part. I hate band-aid fixes.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

Yeah that can't be good for the turbo/everything else. I plan on stooping by soon to see your car, I should be firing mine up today.
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Sounds like a plan.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

sucks to hear about your oil leak, hopefully it's nothing major.

Best of luck with the rest of it, how long till everything is done?

can't wait to see how your 6262 works out for ya, my girlfriend just got a 6265 for her car.

Good news. Car is leak free.

Im waiting on a call back from Strictly Modified in IL for the WOT tune. Should be done in 2-3 more weeks. I really want it done before the first RSD.

If the power isn't where I want it I have a billet 6765 waiting to go on as well. Thats been proven to 900whp a few months back.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Sweet ass build!! Sometimes I miss my dsm...not alot though Question for ya...my old mans regal is running c16 and its just getting silly expensive to buy...so I said hey what about e85. We both have no experience with this new fuel. He is running a FAST computer which I know alot of people are familiar with tuning. But this e85 idea we have been thinking about for a bit. Any info on people that could tune a FAST for e85 use would be great! It would be nice to just have the car re-tuned for e85,pump,and c16. Just pull out the laptop and load the new program. I hear the difference between a pump gas tune and e85 is about 50% more fuel flow outta the e85 but wayyy more power before your detonation point. Either or e85 getting dumped in the motor still looks cheap next to c16.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSnailBuick View Post
    Sweet ass build!! Sometimes I miss my dsm...not alot though Question for ya...my old mans regal is running c16 and its just getting silly expensive to buy...so I said hey what about e85. We both have no experience with this new fuel. He is running a FAST computer which I know alot of people are familiar with tuning. But this e85 idea we have been thinking about for a bit. Any info on people that could tune a FAST for e85 use would be great! It would be nice to just have the car re-tuned for e85,pump,and c16. Just pull out the laptop and load the new program. I hear the difference between a pump gas tune and e85 is about 50% more fuel flow outta the e85 but wayyy more power before your detonation point. Either or e85 getting dumped in the motor still looks cheap next to c16.
    Fast (as with almost any standalone) can do it. We are tuning Jim's GN to run on e(98) and he is running the XFI.

The FAST XFI has a VE table which you want to keep constant through the change. So basically the biggest change you will want to make is in the "fuel energy constant" or whatever it is called.

Any pictures of the entire car??
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

This is about the best I have

03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC