Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PROJECT: 67 Duece

This project actually started some time ago as a simple front clip and sub-frame connector replacement. The last summer the car was on the road the passenger side door would come unlatched when I would give 'er. That was telling me it was time to do something before I wrecked the car.

After starting to take apart my 67 Chevy II my imagination (and Tom's) got the best of me. The end goal? A vehicle ready to hit the road coarse or drag strip and still go cross country with out a care.

Here are a pic as the car stood before it was dismantled.

Last edited by DocDave; 05-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    67 Chevy II in a million pieces :: My Blog

Upon trying to remove the engine and transmission I ran into some difficulty getting everything out. Long story short, it turns out the engine and transmission was holding the front clip from flexing and was bound from all the stress.

Here are a few shots of the tear down of the front clip.

Last edited by DocDave; 05-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Here is the new frame rails with the front suspension, along with a bunch of trick parts for the rear suspension, roll cage and more. This includes a Flamming River Manual rack, tubular tie rod ends, QA1 shocks and misc brakets. It was decided we would use a full frame on the car instead of just a new front clip.

Last edited by DocDave; 05-29-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Out with the old in with the new. With a little help from the plasma cutter much of the old floor is removed to make way for the new frame. The new full frame will be integrated into the floor and will be just above the pinch weld of the car body. This will make for a clean appearance underneath and lower the cars center of gravity. The car body is placed on a jig to keep things level and straight during the whole process.

Irish
    Nice!!!!! I LOVE the Dueces! Dream car! Keep the pictures coming!!!!

Got some temporary rotors to throw on the front and set the ride height. From there it was a little measuring, removal of old frame parts and notching the new stuff to fit. The frame is now in place and the welding can begin. The wheels pictured are for mock-up purposes only and are not the wheels for the car.

Looks good Dave, nice talking to you last night for the little bit that I could.

The frame is now welded in place to the rocker panels, allowing for the remaining steel to be removed. The remainder of the floor and the firewall are removed to make room for all new steel. The front clip has been jigged up and tacked into place to start fabricating the radiator support and bumper mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    Looks good Dave, nice talking to you last night for the little bit that I could.
    Thanks.
    Same here.

thats one hell of a "subframe connector replacement"

lookin good
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Looks awesome Dave!!

Looks good Dave! Do you have any renderings of the finished product?

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Looks good Dave! Can't wait to see it done!
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    Looks good Dave! Do you have any renderings of the finished product?
    Did you just say renderings?

I guess the "big words" class must be next year, school boy!

Did someone say rearendings?

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    I guess the "big words" class must be next year, school boy!

dave- looks good itll look hawt when its done for sure!
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Awe I was bummed after post 8, was hoping for more progress pics. Looking great sofar!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks everyone. I am very happy with what Tom has dreamed up and has accomplished so far. In the long run I am glad I didn't decide to go the bolt on front clip and frame connector route.

The only rendering I have is in my head, sorry. I rather spend the money on the car then a drawing of what it would look like.

Now that my life as settled down a bit I have made a few more discussions about the car and gathered funds to get the ball rolling again. Check back for more progress throughout the year. ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

The only rendering I have is in my head, sorry. I rather spend the money on the car then a drawing of what it would look like.
    LOL! If you had a rendering done before we started, it would be useless now. Funny how projects evolve.