Took a chance, turned out well!

Well i took a crack at my first Mustang tune tonight on a 07' GT vert. The car had alot more suspension mods than go fast stuff but either way it just had some kinda shaker hood intake to the stock airbox, corsa slip on mufflers and comp "thumper" cams and a SCT tune from somewhere else. The issues were that the car would hang the rpm's at when crusing when you would let off in neutral or come to a stop they would sit at 1500 for a good 10 sec before dropping. Cold start would sit around 2G for several minutes.

long story short i was able to get the car to idle very stabily at 800 and fixed the hanging idle for the guy, fortunantly alot of the idle functions are very similar to GM.

So as the car sat it made 290 with an 11.9 AFR. I went to work with HP Tuners and moved timing +3 down low and +2 up high and scaled back the MAF table up high and got the AFR spot on from 12.7 to 12.9 the whole run and spit out 314 to the wheels. Not bad for my first attempt, so i left it right there.

Went out and worked on cleaning the trims up some and dabled with the idle some more and made it nearly perfect as far as manners go. The guy took it for a drive and said the car felt night and day for driveabilty.

So all in all it turned out good and im gonna start tuning more of these bolt on ones i think and get better at them. I wont even attempt a FI S197 yet.

I am by no means calling my self an expert on these things lol, just had a good first is all.

And no i still dont know anything about the older ones.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 05-28-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Excellent to hear Tom!!! Need more local people to trust with slow azz Fords..
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Wow that's awesome congrats!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    thats sweet! congrats.

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    nice work tom! now when you gonna start playing with neons?
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt