R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

yeah wtf. lol.
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Its a conspiracy to keep the brown roofs like mine down. Lol
    The stupid stuff they come up with.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

So wouldn't black roofs help heat things up in the winter and save energy?

I take birdshit personally.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    great, now my house will look like it has snow on it all year...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

unless they're going to reshingle my shit for free, they can eat a fat dick

...painting shingles. WTF.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    What a retarded idea.......

Post whore
    I think CA was looking into banning black cars for this reason, lol.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    It's actually a really good idea. You want your roof to be cool year round. It's just not popular.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Hers how I see it. Put solar panel system on the roof and send the unused energy back to the grid. Give every home owner a one time tax credit for the cost of the system so its basically free. You would need to pay for replacement batteries but the cost savings in electric power used would more them cover the cost. Its a win win situation.

You're better off using the solar power from the roof to run an AC pump or to heat the house than to try to sell it back to the grid or to try to store it in large quantities. Even if electric energy gets to $.15 KWH it'll take a long time to pay it back.

Heck, a bargain for solar cells is $3/watt. And that's the cheap part of the system. And most places want at least $5/watt.

If thin film cell license holders and manufacturers weren't so fawkin' greedy it'd be cheap.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Thats why I said a give the home owner a one time tax credit to cover the cost of the parts and install.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Hers how I see it. Put solar panel system on the roof and send the unused energy back to the grid. Give every home owner a one time tax credit for the cost of the system so its basically free. You would need to pay for replacement batteries but the cost savings in electric power used would more them cover the cost. Its a win win situation.
    Jesus that would be a good idea. But then again good ideas don't make sense nowadays.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

They already put a healthy incentive to put in solar and geothermal. Any more than that and it'll cause the prices to go up. Same with "cash for clunkers" program that they're talking about.

F*** this S**** I'm going home now to burn some tires!!! F***ing green people, I hate them!!!
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

$100milllion solar panel farm saves $1 million a year. Only 100 years to break even
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090527/...ma_solar_power
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now