Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

275 radial bound

Well my car is heading over to OTE for it's yearly trip and small upgrades.

One of the things I am really excited about is my switch from 28x10.5s to 275MT Drag radials.
    Tom will be welding in the coil over bar and brackets on the rear end. Dave @ Team Z hooked me up with awesome prices on the coil overs, mounting bar, and offset lowers which I won't be using yet. Tom will then be setting up the suspension again this year and I think we will have no problem coming within a few hundreths of the 1.25 60ft. times from last year.
    Tom will also be repair where the S-Box is ripping out of the floor. He will also be making a new blower discharge tube, tubular trans X member and a few other odds and ends.

Last edited by DoubleAron; 05-26-2009 at 06:17 PM.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Aaron,

sounds cool. Gonna make some trips to a couple of races? or just for fun?

Sweetness!! I can't wait to see how it sits all said and done!
    I don't think you will have any problem getting the car down the track at all on the little radials. Just remember what Mr. Huspen says, its just a Vortech....lol.

BTW, real streetcars have radials......coughAndycough.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 05-26-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Can't wait to actually see your car in person, go down the track! I think the 275 will look bad@ss on there.

How wide of a wheel you mouning them on?......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Sorry about all the editing, we are having major computer issues and it keeps on just shutting off on me.

I am putting the coil overs on to replace the stock 22 year old rear springs and some of the 10 year old TRZ rear suspension. I also did it to get the car lower to try and get get rid of some of the top end antics by getting rid of some air under the car.

Chris I would like to make it out more but things are a little unsure right now.
    I plan on running True Street @ the NMRA/NMCA Super bowl in Joliet if I can get some passes in by that time.
    I also would like to run the 9.20 class in True Street @ the Grove but the weights are so jacked up. I can't see throwing a ton of weight in my car when I have worked so hard to get the weight out.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDNL View Post
    How wide of a wheel you mouning them on?......
    It depends on how you measure them. I was always told these rims were
    15x9.75 but I come up with an even 10" wide.

John @ Fast Times did the mounting and added a little top secert mounting trick to them.

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    Sweetness!! I can't wait to see how it sits all said and done!
    I don't think you will have any problem getting the car down the track at all on the little radials. Just remember what Mr. Huspen says, its just a Vortech....lol.

BTW, real streetcars have radials......coughAndycough.
    A little Vortech with just a touch more power.

Damn racecars with their dot tires!

The car will look even more badass with the 275's!

The Postman said we can team up, and make a 3 or 4 car truestreet team! There is no need to change the tune for the 9.20 class, just race 800 feet. Nothing like going 9.20 @ 90mph!

Hurry up and get your car out of OTE, my car will need a spot SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    A little Vortech with just a touch more power.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    The Postman said we can team up, and make a 3 or 4 car truestreet team!
    Does the 3 OR 4 part mean I might be OK to join the party.

Thanks A-whole.....

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    Does the 3 OR 4 part mean I might be OK to join the party.

Thanks A-whole.....
    If you join the 9.20 class, you can race 600 feet. Nothing like going 9.20's at 60 mph!

If you join the 9.20 class, you can race 600 feet. Nothing like going 9.20's at 60 mph!

The Postman said we can team up, and make a 3 or 4 car truestreet team! There is no need to change the tune for the 9.20 class, just race 800 feet. Nothing like going 9.20 @ 90mph!
    I should do real good at that, I have a couple of years practice.
    I never knew you had to go longer than 800ft.

we can team up, and make a 3 or 4 car truestreet team!

And you can call your team the Waukesha Wise Guys.

Hahaha.

Aaron, I understand what your saying from other conversations we've had. Family is very important.

Would be cool if you could get a 275 DR class started up at GLD to run with True Street. Probably have more entrants than Outlaw Radial does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Hahaha.

Aaron, I understand what your saying from other conversations we've had. Family is very important.

Would be cool if you could get a 275 DR class started up at GLD to run with True Street. Probably have more entrants than Outlaw Radial does now.
    Andy and I talked about trying to get a 275 radial class going but there are just to many other things going on in my life now, I don't need to add another. I started going back to school this past year by taking a night class and plan on taking 2-3 more come Fall.

275 radial is the next big thing IMO. They have classes all over the country, but like everything else we will be a few years behind. And if it does finally make it's way here the rules will heavily favor the BBC N2o cars like every other class around here.

There are alot of good rules set up already in the 275 classes around the country. I think we could find some good ones and go with it.
    You could do NMCA Extreme Street/ NMRA Drag radial rules but just with a M/T 275 like some classes have done but that will put you in the 7s for sure.
    There are also some classes that are slower like a non-intercooled YSI/F1R type deal with n2o rules in the same ball park. It all depends, you will never make every single racer happy. Who knows maybe if I get the bug bad enough this winter I will try and get the ball rolling.

275 Racing FTMFW!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Again, cool ideas.

And I definitely hear you on the school thing. Just sent the applications in last month for UW-Milwaukee and MSOE. If MSOE, going back full time for school.

Has it been hard hitting the books again?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Again, cool ideas.

And I definitely hear you on the school thing. Just sent the applications in last month for UW-Milwaukee and MSOE. If MSOE, going back full time for school.

Has it been hard hitting the books again?
    What do you mean by again?

One day I said to my wife that "this homework things sucks I haven't done it in 17 years." I thought about it for a second and realized I have never done any homework ever!