Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    I guess it time for a better turbo.
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Buick View Post
    I guess it time for a better turbo.
    It is supposed to be a good turbo, the very one he builds for his NMRA drag radial customers. If I didn't trade him my 98mm for it, he said it would be a $2000 unit. I guess I got a bad one. All I know is no matter how much gate pressure I added it wouldn't make more than 15-16psi out the back door at the track. I could get it to make 17psi, but as soon as the RPMs came up in high gear it would fall back down. It didn't seem nearly as stout as he made it out to be.

I am sending the 88mm back to him, and I am going to get back into probably a 94mm. If he gives me my 98mm back that would be fine with me also.

Shit my 88 was 3600.00. I guess I got taken.

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

Shit my 88 was 3600.00. I guess I got taken.
    Your 88 must be a Pro Mod one from Precision then--Billet wheel, V-band exhaust housing, ball bearing. Thats high dollar!

Mine was just a standard journal bearing and cast wheel turbo.

yes that's what it is

Mr. Postman
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    It looks good with everything on it.

I cannot wait to see it shiny gray!
    Fvck shiny gray! haha
    I like it a lot Bobby, looks fvckin mean as hell!
    I say leave it

Thanks sucks you blew up your turbo congrats on the times even with the breakage.
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Wow those are some seriously nice times you keep running without ever getting a complete pass lol.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, once it goes down the track for one complete 1/4 its going to be sick!
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by 4I Notch View Post
    Fvck shiny gray! haha
    I like it a lot Bobby, looks fvckin mean as hell!
    I say leave it
    Thanks! I will probably end up staying with the flat black for next year as to avoid any potential hangups. I want the car out in April fo' sho.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-19-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    Wow those are some seriously nice times you keep running without ever getting a complete pass lol.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, once it goes down the track for one complete 1/4 its going to be sick!
    Thanks! I was hoping this 88mm was going to move some more air, but it didn't want to. I may be looking in different places for the next turbo and might try another 88 for next year.

Supernatural got the turbo apart, and they are saying it looks like a bad weld where the turbine and shaft come together. He said everything else looks mint other than the turbine side obviously, no thrust issues or bearing damage on the compressor side. He is going to warrenty it fully for me whether he can get the money out of it from garret or not, too. In the next few weeks we are going to decide what direction to go in.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-19-2009 at 12:21 AM.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Great customer service right there!

Wanna trade for both of my cars? lol jk

Sweet ride though...wish I had the patience to fabricate.

Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    Wanna trade for both of my cars? lol jk

Sweet ride though...wish I had the patience to fabricate.
    Thanks a lot!

Well we have decided what direction to go in for the turbo next year. We are going to try a 91.5mm turbo that he used to run in SSO before the 94mms where allowed. After finding out that the turbine from the 88mm was just waaay to restrictive for my CI motor, we decided to go back to the F-trim turbine with a 1.32A/R. This should be a much better fit for a 400ci engine because thats what it was designed for in Super Street Outlaw. I am hoping to get my hands on it in the next month and get the car to the chassis dyno for a little testing before I pack it in for the winter. If it is as badass as he says it is, it should have no problem what so ever backing up what the 98mm did last year.

The 88mm inlet restriction of some classes doesn't really bother me anymore. I have decided if I were to race a local event it would be IMSM because I think the 8.60 class would be the best fit for my car.

Hopefully everything works out, and thanks again everyone for all the compliments.

So which mounting bracket does the 91.5 need, the one on the car, or the one from the 98?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Fuel Tom View Post
    So which mounting bracket does the 91.5 need, the one on the car, or the one from the 98?
    The one from the 98mm. I decided against borrowing Tim's 94mm for this weekend because I am worried about the weather conditions. In the end it really wouldn't help anything because the tune is going to change with the 91.5mm anyway. I would just be spending a lot of money to run a number this year for no reason when next spring there will be plenty of time to do it with my turbo. Besides, knowing my luck I would probably crash his turbo too, lol.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-30-2009 at 03:06 AM.

you can try my little 88mm!

you can try my little 88mm!
    You mean your 101mm with an 88mm inlet restricter.

That thing is going to be a mean bitchh! I'll stick with my little true 91.5mm.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-30-2009 at 02:44 PM.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    The one from the 98mm. I decided against borrowing Tim's 94mm for this weekend because I am worried about the weather conditions. In the end it really wouldn't help anything because the tune is going to change with the 91.5mm anyway. I would just be spending a lot of money to run a number this year for no reason when next spring there will be plenty of time to do it with my turbo. Besides, knowing my luck I would probably crash his turbo too, lol.

Don't do it Bobby. Supposed to be shitty cold conditions. Not worth it. So it's good you aren't gonna do it. Enjoy the time you got and come out swinging next year with the rest of the 'stang boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Don't do it Bobby. Supposed to be shitty cold conditions. Not worth it. So it's good you aren't gonna do it. Enjoy the time you got and come out swinging next year with the rest of the 'stang boys.
    I'm not. Besides there probably is a bad omen around that turbo right now!