Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Cool! Thanks for posting the video dude, and it was nice talking to you and Lizmo!

Brain from 10Wide is a very nice guy!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

You might want to put a screen over that turbo............................. or else you will suck up small children playing in the STREET !!!

I'm not a Mustang fan but your car is special, not tard special but BADASS !
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Nice video Flick. That thing sounds sick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeagZ View Post
    Nice video Flick. That thing sounds sick!!!
    yeah it does, in that video looks like bobby has a leaf blower attached to his car lol.

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys!

Updates:

I went to the track last Sunday and had problems with a bad rich bog off the starting line, but it still managed to go 128 mph to the 1/8 on only 16psi. The bog ended up coming from too much base fuel pressure which was due to a faulty guage, the damn thing was off by 5psi which is A LOT for a carbed car.

So after figuring that problem out I decided to hit the track Wednesday to get some more passes in. The track was a little greasy due to the fact that is was a little cold, but on the second pass I finally got to run it out the back to a 10.20 at 160mph with still only 16psi ( Yes It spun a little ). The third pass I really slowed how fast the boost hit in order to get it down the cold track, and I added a little more gate pressure after the 1/8 to try and make some real boost. Well it got down the front half of the track slow, but it was on a mission out the back until I heard a POP at about the 1000ft mark. The car had no power so I got out of it and coasted through the traps to a 9.30 @ 151.5 mph. The car was still running when I came to a stop and the oil pressure still looked good so I started to drive down the return road. The thing was smokeing bad, which made sence when we popped the hood. The turbine side of the turbo exploded!!! As you can see in the pics it let go hard. Looking at the logs, the dammn thing still made the same amount of boost with a lot more gate pressure than the previous run. We are not yet sure what caused the thing to let go, but we are thinking the turbo may have been over spun due to the size of my motor. Another reason may be as simple as a crack in the turbine wheel. We will see what winter holds for the turbo, but obviously the car is out for the rest of the year.

Oh and Scottie K, if you want to know whats going on with the car just give me a call! I will be happy to let you know so you don't have to text other people to find out.

Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-08-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    I got out of it and coasted through the traps to a 9.30 @ 151.5 mph.

Sucks you broke, but looks like you got one helluva ride!

Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Sucks you broke, but looks like you got one helluva ride!
    Thanks! If I could of made some real boost and had a decent track I know the car would have performed far better. Oh well, you can't win them all! I am just glad I got to make the 6 passes total this year that I did.

Wow that is crazy looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsy87 View Post
    Wow that is crazy looking!
    There are only two big pieces of turbine wheel left in the exhaust housing, so I imagine the rest of it went out the down pipe. Talking with Reed today makes him think something was wrong with the turbine because it broke off clean right where they weld the turbine to the shaft.

I think its time to put the Large frame PT back on next year.

Did you buy that turbo from Pep Boys?

So the car didn't front half the track, and it broke on the back half but you still managed to go 151mph?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post
    Did you buy that turbo from Pep Boys?

So the car didn't front half the track, and it broke on the back half but you still managed to go 151mph?
    What can I say but weak sauce!

damn! nothin ended up in the motor did it?! thats shitty...
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    damn! nothin ended up in the motor did it?! thats shitty...
    The motor runs PERFECT! All of the carnage was on the exhaust side of the turbo. The compressor wheel had rubbed pretty bad on the housing, but I would imagine that is from the turbine wheel flying off and makeing all of the clearances go to sh!t, lol. Other than some aluminum dust, no large pieces broke off of the compressor wheel.

Bobby , I cam out of a meeting and seen your car smoking, I didnt have time to come and chat SORRY BRO so i text Ian From Work. to fins out what mite have happened ...

Have a Good day BRO....
    CKSC

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post
    Bobby , I cam out of a meeting and seen your car smoking, I didnt have time to come and chat SORRY BRO so i text Ian From Work. to fins out what mite have happened ...

Have a Good day BRO....
    you drinkin your koooooolaid again?
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by scottie K View Post

Have a Good day BRO....
    Bro?!?! Who are you Paul Walker?

Thats cool mang, just letting you know I got nothing to hide. I would have told anyone that asked me.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 10-09-2009 at 02:26 PM.

awww snappp!!! No wonder i didnt hear from ya the next day
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."