Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Looks great!! Love the color!
    That thing was sick with one adder-now two!! BADASS
    I have tried to get on this thread multiple times and for some reason with all the pics, my junk computer freaks out! I finally clicked on page 2 and it went through-page 1 WILL NOT load
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    Haha, different Chad! Be thankful!
    lol!!! So when you guys planning on making some test hits? I would like to be there to see it! Nothing like a big TT car building boost on transbrake
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Sorry guys, but I am just messing with you! It would be sweet to have a twin turbo motor crazy enough to need twin 88s, but unfortunately that time is not now. I was just having a little fun with the pics I got!

Those turbos are real, but both of them are not mine. They are built off of the exact same chassis, Precision G-trim, but one uses a TRUE 88mm impeller and the other a true 98mm impeller. (PT98~98mm inducer/ 140mm exducer--Large Frame 88~ 88mm inducer/ 117mm exducer) I am trading strait up with a guy, his 88mm for my 98mm. The reason being is he wants to go faster and I am happy where I am. I don't have the 25.5, trans, or motor for the 98mms true capabilities anyway. The 88mm will also allow me to get into a lot more classes, including true street, and it is still a bottom 8 second turbo. When I get the 88mm physically in my hands I will snap some more shots of it, but here is a close up of the inlets. The 98mm is on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    Looks great!! Love the color!
    Thanks Jim!

I know what you mean about the first page, I click the latest page right away to avoid the computer trying to load it up, lol.

That is one sick joke! What a tease!!!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

man that is gonna be awesome, LOVE the new color, when do you expect it to be out. this year?

I am hoping it will be out hopefully the first week in August with the new paint and 88mm. It should be in primer either Saturday or this Monday.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 07-02-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    That is one sick joke! What a tease!!!
    I couldn't resist with the pic of them next to eachother, lol.

Well, some shitttty news.

The turbo I got in the trade was not what was agreed upon, but the good news is he is sending mine back to me. He told me it is a true 88mm, and in the pics you can see one is smaller. However the opening is the only thing that is smaller, 88mm inlet. The wheel measures out to exactly the same dimensions as my 98mm. How this idiot couldn't measure the damm wheel is beyond me, and in the many pics that were sent, it is almost impossible to tell size difference in a picture. All I wanted the pics for were to see the condition of the wheel.

I am just happy I'm getting my turbo back. Most likely I will be sending mine in to get turned into a 98/88 like I should have done in the first place. This turbo has gone upper 7.9s at 3550lbs, so I think it should do the trick just fine. The inducer will measure out to 88mm, but the exducer will measure out to the standard PT large frame diameter which is 140mm. I will keep everyone updated on the turbo details after the car is painted.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 07-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Looks great Tom!

Thats awsome. Cant wait to see it when its done!!

Stock bottom end H/C LT1 404RWHP

Some more pics.

Doors trim holes welded and metal finished, dent hammered out and dings removed.

Awesome!!!

That can't be my car!

Well, I have decided what I am going to do with the turbo! I sent it to Reed at Supernatural Turbo last week to have it turned into an 88mm. The new turbo is built off of the same basic frame, with a few changes. The compressor wheel will measure 88mm at the inducer and 141mm at the exducer, and instead of that massive cover with the bellmouth on it, he wants to go with the smaller GT4788 compressor housing. The reason behind this is to keep the velocity up for the smaller wheel. The other cover looked really cool, but the machining to make it work and the over all performance of it with the small wheel isn't what we are looking for. For the exhaust side we changed to a clipped F-trim turbine instead of the un-clipped G-trim, staying with the 1.0 A/R turbine housing for now. The reason for this was basically to help get more RPM out of the "little" compressor wheel making it more efficient and quicker to spool. When I get the turbo next week I will post up some pics of it and some running vids because I won't be able to have the turbo sitting around without it going on the car ASAP, lol.

For the paint, Tom and I decided in the interest of time to get the car into an Epoxy Black primer so that I can get the car to the track this year. The car was more of a mess under the old paint than we thought, so it took a lot of time. We should be just a few weeks away, and if I have to in order to get the car dialed, I will chase the nice weather down south to make passes.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought I would lay out all of the info for those interested.
    Last edited by FourEyedFord; 08-13-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Here are pics of the two covers for those intrigued. The top one is the GT4788 cover and the bottom is the standard large frame precision cover. From what the guys at Supernatural said, this type of turbo is in more of uncharted territory. He said he has never done one quite like mine, so it will be a learning experience for both of us. The guys there have been awesome to deal with, and I don't doubt any judgements they make. I would highly reccomend them to anyone looking for a turbo, or if you need a rebuild they can hook you up too. They did a stock rebuild for the turbo on my truck for a very reasonable price.

Here is their site: http://www.supernaturalturbo.com/

Its getting close!

Looks awesome Robby. Won't be long! Did you get the Turbo back yet?

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    i saw this and my first thought was hmmm cool..

then i saw this and said... o my god...