Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted91pony View Post
    impressive??? it has a 350 the cars good for a 14 maby a high 13 im sick of every thread hearing how bad ass this thing is

can't stand every thread hearing how your cars so fast its a small motor

You know I re-read this.... and you kinda made yourself look like a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I can't build a 400hp motor when I can't afford the parts, not matter how much effort, time, and know-how I have.
    Base 350 vortec engine, graphite head gasket, RPM air gap, a GMPP hot cam, 918 comp springs=425 there ya go throw it in with the 4.11 gear your rotaries got and ya would be haulin
    Last edited by Sprayaway Fox; 05-20-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Let me clarify- rotary. Like I told my dad countless times, if I wanted a Mustang I would've bought a Mustang.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Got Boost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    I guess what is most amusing is how people think a guy is rich if he has big horsepower and a fast car. If you don't know their background, don't judge!
    Look at Glidden vs Pappas!
    Glidden works on a shoestring budget compared to Pappas, but uses what he and his family knows to get it done. But can you really take anything away from Pappas because money is on his side? He still has the love-drive-determination to do his thing.
    Both come from different backgrounds but they share the same passion.
    Can't we all just get along!!
    Its still kind of hard to compare the two... Glidden has his whole life dedicated to racing, for as long as his father was a little Glidden ..Im shure Pappas could teach Glidden a few things about a construction business ....Glidden has probabally 50x the amount of passes than Spiro... Im not bashing Glidden at all, Thats where experience pays off...Kind of funny how people bash Spiro...Why ??? Shure hes aan ass but If I had that money I probabally would too..... He still has the fastest single Turbo car ...

Senior Member..now yer posting! Got Boost's Avatar
    I remember in 1994 Danny Scott won the Hot Rod fastest street car with a 7.70 wih a 648 2 Dominators and a fogger with 15x33s... Now cars with 400 inch Nitrous Motors and 300 Inch Turbo cars with 10inch tires go that fast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    I agree that a fat wallet makes it easier to buy the parts. That does not always equate to going faster.
    I've lived "both sides of the fence"- I wouldn't trade either for anything.
    Everyone should go from kindergarten to college one grade at a time.
    I think I just got into "middle school"
    MOST IMPORTANT is what Mr. Nitrous Pig said...
    having people helping you is a huge part of the puzzle. You also find out your true friends when they want to see you do well and not ask for anything in return. NOBODY does it alone!
    We can all agree that each individual person sets their own goals, so don't complain about what it costs. If you want it bad enough- EARN IT!!!!
    Don't forget the old addage "Speed costs money- How fast do you want to go"!
    I think you'll find that the majority of people with what you consider "fast cars" actually live it. Usually no other hobbies, Friday nights and weekends in the garage, NHRA boxers, etc.
    oops, did I just say that?
    Very well put Jim and Chip...
    With that said, sometimes people suffer from an affliction called envy. They make it seem like it's a crime to work hard, make some money and then spend it. Several of us older guys deal with this all the time. When I was younger, I'd build cars out of junkyard parts. Back in the 70's, I took a wrecked GTO I found at Calumet auto salvage and stuck the driveline into a Tempest. Showed up at Tower with it and caught a lot of people off-guard. Beat up on guys who had "rich parents" and had cars bought for them, while I washed dishes and delivered pizzas to earn my "mods money"
    I've built plenty of "cheap and fast" cars all by myself. To which I say "So what?"
    I've worked hard all my life and now that I'm pushing 50, I really don't care if I "bought horsepower". Fast is fast people. I've heard people take shots at others about "anybody can buy horsepower" or "He paid somebody to build that car" (as if this somehow invalidates the horsepower or the car)
    I've seen people put signatures like "If you didn't build it, it's not yours"
    I have a fast Cobra that I've done a lot of work on by myself. I have a fast Shelby that I went out and bought. I have news for you: The facts is, I like driving the Shelby a LOT more and really makes no difference to me that I "bought the horsepower"
    Prosperity is not a crime folks. Envy's a rather ugly trait though...

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Go get some.

Or.... you could call it competition.

I'm content with what I have(for now.) Nothing wrong with competition, in fact, it's the driving force in this hobby it's just most people I talk to would rather put you down for not having what they have which isn't cool. But then again that's their business and not mine. BTW sick s10 in your avatar.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Ahahahah. This thread is awesome.

Wanna know the best part about cars? You have options.

Fast Cheap Reliable. Pick two.
    WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFW
    WTFWTWFWTWFWTWFWT
    WTWFWTWFWTWFWTWFWTWTf

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Ahahahah. This thread is awesome.

Wanna know the best part about cars? You have options.

Fast Cheap Reliable. Pick two.
    Correct

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable. Pick two.
    If I had a dime.....

Yeah back in the mid 90's my 79' malibu mid 12sec was pretty damn fast...

Disappointing women since 1970.
    Love you Mom

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by xFullThrottlex View Post
    It's just most people I talk to would rather put you down for not having what they have which isn't cool. But then again that's their business and not mine.
    I am so fucking sick and tired of people ripping on other people for what they do and don't have. Fuck those assholes. And you're right it's not cool at all.
    90% of the people that are being assholes that way, couldn't fight their way outta wet paper bag! The next time you get some shit from someone, politely extend an invitation to the business end of your knuckles....

I will say this 99.9% of the really fast cars here are actually owned by nice guys! You might get ribbed a little but it is usually innocent in nature.

BTW sick s10 in your avatar.
    Thanks! It isn't anything special, other than the fact that it is mine, and for the most part (lol!) I enjoy it most of the time.
    Last edited by Irish; 05-20-2009 at 12:36 PM.

I'm content with what I have(for now.) Nothing wrong with competition, in fact, it's the driving force in this hobby it's just most people I talk to would rather put you down for not having what they have which isn't cool. But then again that's their business and not mine. BTW sick s10 in your avatar.
    i know what you mean type of car fits in there too it isnt good enough that they get beat by a early 90's econo car.I guess in the end though its a lose lose situation for them if they lose or win.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

I am so fucking sick and tired of people ripping on other people for what they do and don't have. Fuck those assholes. And you're right it's not cool at all.
    90% of the people that are being assholes that way, couldn't fight their way outta wet paper bag! The next time you get some shit from someone, politely extend an invitation to the business end of your knuckles....

I will say this 99.9% of the really fast cars here are actually owned by nice guys! You might get ribbed a little but it is usually innocent in nature.

Thanks! It isn't anything special, other than the fact that it is mine, and for the most part (lol!) I enjoy it most of the time.
    Nothing wrong with a little ribbin'. There are a lot of cars i'd consider fast on this site and so far i've really enjoyed my stay here. I guess with any hobby (or really anything in life) there are people your just going to like and some your just not going to see eye to eye with and i hear ya on the s10, i feel the same way about mine.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Amen!
    "Never underestimate old guys"