Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ^ Either of you too, bring grills down saturday? ill bring the brats and the Schmidt's Country Gas n Go Famous rolls and italian brat buns
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    ^ Either of you too, bring grills down saturday? ill bring the brats and the Schmidt's Country Gas n Go Famous rolls and italian brat buns
    we will have a grill at the track sir....
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    we will have a grill at the track sir....

Post whore
    Going to GLD tomorrow with the car on the E85 tune, i'll be F'in pumped if i can run a 11.9999. For half of you guys you can lift at the 1/8th and still beat me, haha. For me at 24 that is pretty damn fast, as i move along in my career i expect to get faster. Hell i just droped enough on an engagement ring to buy a full GT42r turbo kit. For some people a turbo kit and a 500 ring would have been the choice.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

^ Thats my happy dance!

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Going to GLD tomorrow with the car on the E85 tune, i'll be F'in pumped if i can run a 11.9999. For half of you guys you can lift at the 1/8th and still beat me, haha. For me at 24 that is pretty damn fast, as i move along in my career i expect to get faster. Hell i just droped enough on an engagement ring to buy a full GT42r turbo kit. For some people a turbo kit and a 500 ring would have been the choice.
    Let me know how everything goes plz! oh and kick some arse sea bass!

Thats VERY cool!
    I could only dream of going high 11s at 24 years old!!
    Life is definitely about balance and it looks like you got it down
    I predict .80s-you deserve it
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    I think you'll find that the majority of people with what you consider "fast cars" actually live it. Usually no other hobbies, Friday nights and weekends in the garage, NHRA boxers, etc.
    oops, did I just say that?
    Very true...........well maybe not the boxer part or.........nevermind!

If I ever think about spending money on something not car related, I usually think about how much car stuff I can get with that money. It always talks me out of it! What a disease, hey!?

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    How many times have wee seen pictures of Lambo owners and Ferrari owners who spun their car into a pole. How many times have we seen celebrity figured (Hogan) wreck a beautiful automobile that they were able to PAY for but couldn't DRIVE.

Saying that the bigger wallet takes the cake is asinine.

I can't help but compare this to the "Money brings happiness" debate... to me, money certainly can relive stress and make happiness more available; but only until money brings it's own stress.

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    Very true...........well maybe not the boxer part or.........nevermind!

If I ever think about spending money on something not car related, I usually think about how much car stuff I can get with that money. It always talks me out of it! What a disease, hey!?
    It is definitely a brotherhood ...
    of like-minded sick bastards

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Money makes it easier, that is all.

The car "hobby" or "lifestyle" if you will, can/will be a harsh mistress to those without a fat wallet. But, motivation is what will make it happen. I am sure many on this board sacrifice a lot, some of it is money. However, the time invested into researching, wrenching, and preparation for ______ far outweighs the monetary investment almost all of the time. Without the motivated individual(s) (team/group of friends etc.), the "dream" will not happen.

I should know, lately I require lots of "encouragement" from friends to work on my cars. Over the past two years, I was not really motivated to do any "car stuff", I kind of got burnt out on it, and I have been slowly trying to get back into it. I don't have much money, but even if I did, I would not have wanted to do anything. I was not particularly inclined to do so. Yes, if I had lots of money I could do ____ , but long story short, one needs to be motivated to do what is required to have a "resource" intensive hobby like cars, or anything else for that matter.
    Last edited by MurphysLaw88GT; 05-19-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    Thats VERY cool!
    I could only dream of going high 11s at 24 years old!!
    Life is definitely about balance and it looks like you got it down
    I predict .80s-you deserve it
    Thanks man, you do know i was joking about the trans brake and glide... i think i would shit myself if the wheels came 4+ feet off of the ground. I used to have a 380 rwhp lt1 F-body and have since switched over to the dark side(evo). Road racing is a lot of fun too! I have WAY too many hobbies, lol
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

All in good fun!
    Hope you do well

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Think about what will be "fast" 100 years from now. Think of where we were one or two centuries ago, horse-racing was the "sport of kings" long ago. They were at their old-school custard stand shit talking/bench racing about how "my horse will smoke your horse".

Everything is now progressing at an exponential rate, we had pretty much had the same technology for thousands of years, but within the last 150 or so, our concept of speed is now largely exponential. Horses to space-travel, our thinking 500HP, 1000HP, 1500HP, 2000HP is "normal". My grandpa tells me about how he thought he was badass for throwing a 100HP Olds "Rocket 88" into an old hot-rod after he got out of the service in the Early '50s, he thought (still thinks) that WAS badass. Now badass is over 1,XXX HP. Times change, the concept remains the same!

Sorry for rambling...
    Last edited by MurphysLaw88GT; 05-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.

kinda the thing with me and jer building up the prelude...doing it in my garage with our own tools and on our own time if it breaks we fix again and race again and hopefully have a cheap fun ass car for way cheap
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Chick View Post
    Regarding my signature, A) C'mon!! You usually catch sarcastic jokes without having to be told they are jokes!! B) If everyone did this, there'd BE no forums, anywhere, people by nature feel compelled to share their feelings, and argue, and nitpick.....if they didn't, online forums would be , well, really, really boring........and....just for the record.....in this particular case....there IS no crack in the sidewalk!
    1.) You really gotta learn how to Quote lol!
    2.) I am not thick, and I can read sarcasm...usually It just seemed like you were taking other people disagreeing with you personally. If I was wrong in my perception... then I was wrong.
    3.) At least admit that love is blind... even if you don't want to agree with me.
    4.) Last but certainly not least... refer to (1.)

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    Money makes it easier, that is all.

The car "hobby" or "lifestyle" if you will, can/will be a harsh mistress to those without a fat wallet. But, motivation is what will make it happen. I am sure many on this board sacrifice a lot, some of it is money. However, the time invested into researching, wrenching, and preparation for ______ far outweighs the monetary investment almost all of the time. Without the motivated individual(s) (team/group of friends etc.), the "dream" will not happen.

I should know, lately I require lots of "encouragement" from friends to work on my cars. Over the past two years, I was not really motivated to do any "car stuff", I kind of got burnt out on it, and I have been slowly trying to get back into it. I don't have much money, but even if I did, I would not have wanted to do anything. I was not particularly inclined to do so. Yes, if I had lots of money I could do ____ , but long story short, one needs to be motivated to do what is required to have a "resource" intensive hobby like cars, or anything else for that matter.
    Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    Think about what will be "fast" 100 years from now. Think of where we were one or two centuries ago, horse-racing was the "sport of kings" long ago. They were at their old-school custard stand shit talking/bench racing about how "my horse will smoke your horse".

Everything is now progressing at an exponential rate, we had pretty much had the same technology for thousands of years, but within the last 150 or so, our concept of speed is now largely exponential. Horses to space-travel, our thinking 500HP, 1000HP, 1500HP, 2000HP is "normal". My grandpa tells me about how he thought he was badass for throwing a 100HP Olds "Rocket 88" into an old hot-rod after he got out of the service in the Early '50s, he thought (still thinks) that WAS badass. Now badass is over 1,XXX HP. Times change, the concept remains the same!

Sorry for rambling...

You'll have to tell your grandpa I think his 100hp rocket 88 swap is still cool, as well as all the guys that stick with their flatheads and blue flame sixes. Having a lot of horsepower would be awesome but the more I talk to people that just throw around their horsepower numbers the more it becomes a "How much can you bench" "My dad can beat up your dad" pissing match.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by xFullThrottlex View Post
    Having a lot of horsepower would be awesome....
    Go get some.

Quote Originally Posted by xFullThrottlex View Post
    ...the more I talk to people that just throw around their horsepower numbers the more it becomes a "How much can you bench" "My dad can beat up your dad" pissing match.
    Or.... you could call it competition.

Yeah, there will always be someone faster... I think i will stick to road racing, still just as expensive, but huge power isn't needed to go fast.
    "just as expensive" You must only road race once a year! Drag racing is a cheap way to go even if you want huge #'s.

Take the pinnicle of Road Racing, Ferrari $350 million a year plus. Nobody in the public knows the actual budget.

What does a top tier top fuel team spend? NOT $350 million!
    Last edited by Todd Z; 05-20-2009 at 01:23 AM.