Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Yeah, but you could also argue that they could have the builder make all the shakedown passes and work all of the bugs out. Driving a car with a transbrake and a glide can't be too hard right Not saying i have came close to piloting a 1k hp car though, hell i think my 350 whp car is fast
    Well, let me know the next time you let the trans brake go in your easy to drive 'glide car and have to look out the side window to know you're not going to end up on the guard rail-see avatar to left.
    Then again, Six Flags don't have a ride that thrills me!
    "Never underestimate old guys"

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Thats why they invented bracket racing.

I dunno........bracket racing is cool, and all.......but it would be nice if there were more options than just that open for the "little guys," know what I mean?

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    Its too crazy out there now.

More than ever its the biggest wallet that wins races.

More reason to build a nice street car, get it to a point where its enough to snap your head back when you floor it, and just enjoy.
    That gets traction too. That's key in a street car
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Chick View Post
    350 HP IS fast. I agree with you, though.....If someone has the money, they can pretty much have someone else to do EVERYTHING........ Those of us that have to save up for a month or two just to buy a better carburetor.....it's waaay different on our side of the fence. THIS is why I won't race my Z/28. Is the car fast enough to be impressive? Yes, absolutely......but......if I break something on her, she WILL be down for months, maybe a year, until I have money enough to fix what's broken. I don't have my wallet to the rescue, and this is why I feel that racing has become a little unbalanced. It's hard for those who have slowly and painstakingly built up 300-400 HP, only to be flattened by some rich guy with 1200 HP, and a bottomless bank account........It's extremely discouraging.
    impressive??? it has a 350 the cars good for a 14 maby a high 13 im sick of every thread hearing how bad ass this thing is race it prove its fast or stop posting like you know what it takes to drive a fast car.

Greg took me for a ride in his true street mustang on motor i thought it was extremely healthy being low 10's and i addmitted i could never handle it on the bottle racing is as much skill as it is money

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

Quote Originally Posted by boosted91pony View Post
    impressive??? it has a 350 the cars good for a 14 maby a high 13 im sick of every thread hearing how bad ass this thing is race it prove its fast or stop posting like you know what it takes to drive a fast car.

Greg took me for a ride in his true street mustang on motor i thought it was extremely healthy being low 10's and i addmitted i could never handle it on the bottle racing is as much skill as it is money

When was it exactly, that you decided to be a d*ck to me? We worked together, talked, laughed, and I thought we were, if not yet "friends," then at least close to being so.......what's your problem?

not about being a dick can't stand every thread hearing how your cars so fast its a small motor and your saying that it doesn't take skill as to money to be a fast racer the only reason you say that is because youve never been in a truly fast car does money help umm yeah still takes a very high amount of skill to do it

93 z28- sold
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

The amount of time spent on these cars is more then the average person could ever comprehend. Money is an important, but small piece of the puzzle.

Some of the people that posted in this thread, know what it is like to work a 8-10 hour day and then come home and spend the same amount of time in the garage for months on end.

Money CANNOT buy smarts and determination!

I am in no way saying you need a high HP car to fall in to this category, it is just the direction this thread went in.

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"

And btw, driving the car is the easy part!

not about being a dick can't stand every thread hearing how your cars so fast its a small motor and your saying that it doesn't take skill as to money to be a fast racer the only reason you say that is because youve never been in a truly fast car does money help umm yeah still takes a very high amount of skill to do it
    1) I NEVER said it doesn't require skill......I stated that if one lacks skill, they can PAY someone with skills to do it for them......2) I NEVER stated I am the world's greatest driver, and made no claims to such......3) You last saw my car a YEAR ago, and have no info on what has/hasn't been done to her since, you NEVER saw the car move, and in this case, have no basis of judgement whatsoever. 4) How do YOU know whether or not I have been in a so-called "truly fast" car? Have we spoken recently for you to obtain this info? No. I really liked talking to you......I really liked you, period. I looked forward to getting to know you better as a friend, and would never have gotten hostile or combative towards you.......I thought you were better than this online-bitchiness....I'm impressed with, awed by, in love with my own car, and not drooling over someone else's....so what? Isn't that how it SHOULD be?

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Exactly... i've been building my 240sx since October (08) and it's almost done and nothing on it has been "easy" but when it's done it will be "cool"
    2jz240sx

wi240sx.OMGforum.net

You think your rs camaro is snappy its a 16 second car you said it was snappy and you said you were scared in that guys srt4 what ever im not gonna debate this with you but im tired of hearing you talk about racing like you know what its all about and yet have never made a single pass at gld

93 z28- sold
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

Money is a big factor but whats the best is when you have a guy with a old Iron headed 350 beat up on a aluminum headed big cube engine its because he did his homework...

Building a super hot engine by buying all the best parts in the world wont get you anywhere besides staring at it in the garage wondering why it doesnt run rite. Plus if you by all the badass parts and it doesnt run a good number you look like a idiot. If your gonna tout the best parts money can buy ya better know how they work.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

You think your rs camaro is snappy its a 16 second car you said it was snappy and you said you were scared in that guys srt4 what ever im not gonna debate this with you but im tired of hearing you talk about racing like you know what its all about and yet have never made a single pass at gld
    You are missing the point. AND......where do I talk about it like I know everything again?? I never did. I have asked many people for advice, and info, and I LOVE to talk about cars, racing or damn near anything, but I NEVER made false claims. I LOVE driving my RS! She's not a dragstrip terror, but quick and fun, and as for the other one........that one is MY business. I know it means absolutely nothing to you, but I really did consider you a friend, and your hostility and unprovoked nastiness hurts. I honestly did not expect this from you, of all people.

lol, i stopped reading when the words The fastest has the deepest pockets.

People that say that have NOOOO idea how hard this sport/hobby/lifestyle is to get a car/truck/bike to be crazy quick and/or crazy consistant.

For instant, i deal with a lot of guys at GLD and can remember walking by a HUGE RV connected to a HUGE stacker trailer, the car was being worked on by 4 guys and the driver was going over some computer info.

That takes big $$$

Then you have guys like Jim S., Jim P, Ron, Mark ect ect who have a couple guys max helping out, normal pickup truck a trailer and go whoop ARSE.

Hell even Headsup outlaw classes, Glidden has money but no where near some of the guys he competes against.....and he has no problem making them all look silly on his baby Small block.

No doubt, having money makes geting broken parts fixed faster, allowing time for test n tuning when others may have to work. But even with all that, you never know what you're going to run into when you pull up the tree!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    lol, i stopped reading when the words The fastest has the deepest pockets.

People that say that have NOOOO idea how hard this sport/hobby/lifestyle is to get a car/truck/bike to be crazy quick and/or crazy consistant.

For instant, i deal with a lot of guys at GLD and can remember walking by a HUGE RV connected to a HUGE stacker trailer, the car was being worked on by 4 guys and the driver was going over some computer info.

That takes big $$$

Then you have guys like Jim S., Jim P, Ron, Mark ect ect who have a couple guys max helping out, normal pickup truck a trailer and go whoop ARSE.

Hell even Headsup outlaw classes, Glidden has money but no where near some of the guys he competes against.....and he has no problem making them all look silly on his baby Small block.

No doubt, having money makes geting broken parts fixed faster, allowing time for test n tuning when others may have to work. But even with all that, you never know what you're going to run into when you pull up the tree!
    word

93 z28- sold
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

Gimme a 10 inch tire car, stock suspension, and a low eleven,10 second time slip and Im happy.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprayaway Fox View Post
    Gimme a 10 inch tire car, stock suspension, and a low eleven,10 second time slip and Im happy.
    I would be very content with that too!

Just some slow stock shit! scaleracer's Avatar
    Although money is a necessity, it takes a whole lot more then a fat wallet!
    Agreed 100%! You can have a 9 second car but you still have to know what your doing you can't just hop in and expect to know everything and money isn't always the answer.. I can't say I've been there but hopefully I'll be there someday. And yeah I'll have to agree all of the technology that has changed since I've been alive is amazing and always has you wondering what will be next and the best setup.. My dad even says back in the day a 12 or 13second car used to be fast now it's closer to a 9 or 10 second car..
    01 Camaro SS - Daily
    90 Mustang Lx - Daily #2
    4-0 on the street for 2010!

The amount of time spent on these cars is more then the average person could ever comprehend. Money is an important, but small piece of the puzzle.

Some of the people that posted in this thread, know what it is like to work a 8-10 hour day and then come home and spend the same amount of time in the garage for months on end.

Money CANNOT buy smarts and determination!

I am in no way saying you need a high HP car to fall in to this category, it is just the direction this thread went in.

And btw, driving the car is the easy part!
    I don't think this could have been said any better! In order to just pick up a completely finished 1000+hp car tuned and dialed in at the track would take a STUPID amount of money. I think there are very few on this site with that kind of coin. This doesn't even include making the car consistent every track outing, regular maintenance/breakage, and driver skill/knowing the car's characteristics. The bottom line is, to get by without a shred of car knowledge solely riding on a fat wallet with one of these cars, is virtually impossible.

I have spent countless hours, days and late nights, working on/tuning my car. This doesn't include all the time spent by others helping me out either--whether its friends just lending a hand, or its one of the MANY instances its been to the chassis shop for the stuff that is over my head.

Building and operating cars like these takes a lot of cash yes, BUT it takes a great foundation of knowledge, time, and effort in the end too.

I agree there's a lot more than money into these cars. I know I've spent a few nights working on my car til 2am... huge gash in my arm that I have no idea where it came from...

At the same time, I'm reasonably sure if I had the money my car would be considerably faster. I just don't have the cash to throw at it. Hell right now the thing needs BRAKES and I really can't spare the money to get everything, so I've been getting the parts when I can afford them.

It does take a lot of knowledge, a lot of time, and plenty of effort to build a car yourself, however it comes together a lot faster when the budget is there to back it up.

I can't build a 400hp motor when I can't afford the parts, not matter how much effort, time, and know-how I have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    I agree there's a lot more than money into these cars. I know I've spent a few nights working on my car til 2am... huge gash in my arm that I have no idea where it came from...

At the same time, I'm reasonably sure if I had the money my car would be considerably faster. I just don't have the cash to throw at it. Hell right now the thing needs BRAKES and I really can't spare the money to get everything, so I've been getting the parts when I can afford them.

It does take a lot of knowledge, a lot of time, and plenty of effort to build a car yourself, however it comes together a lot faster when the budget is there to back it up.

I can't build a 400hp motor when I can't afford the parts, not matter how much effort, time, and know-how I have.

EXACTLY what I was trying to say, too....although it would seem certain anonymous individuals cannot grasp that concept. MANY of us have the dedication, passion, and knowledge to build monster cars, but when you just DON'T have the cash, your dreams never take flight....OR, on the other hand, if you happen to get lucky with a "diamond in the rough" type car that is already pretty damn fast, you'll have some jackass getting their tampon wedged sideways over it and calling you a liar.........either way, it is a very expensive hobby/lifestyle......I think everyone has, at some point, had the "if I had tons of cash, I'd build......" conversation, but for most of us, unless we win the lottery, it's never going to happen. I don't really care, either way......I feel I already got lottery-lucky with the cars I have, and in my own eyes, they are better than anything, ever. If someone gets offended by that.....tough. I find it completely moronic that people actually get butthurt when you are openly dazzled by your own car, too....it's almost the same as someone being pissed off when you think your own wife is beautiful. Oh well, retardation knows no boundaries....