┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

Transmission question

99 silverado. Pretty sure my 1-2 solenoid is dead. Or at least clogged. I got a p0751 code yesterday and my truck revs way up when i first start driving and then it will finall shift into 3rd. At slower speeds I can feel the truck shimmying back and forth and I can also hear knocking from somewhere. Doesn't look good . Any decent shops around the Greendale area that are also good with transmissions. I just don't have the time or the knowledge to try to tackle this myself.
    1968 Camaro 383

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    99 silverado. Pretty sure my 1-2 solenoid is dead. Or at least clogged. I got a p0751 code yesterday and my truck revs way up when i first start driving and then it will finall shift into 3rd. At slower speeds I can feel the truck shimmying back and forth and I can also hear knocking from somewhere. Doesn't look good . Any decent shops around the Greendale area that are also good with transmissions. I just don't have the time or the knowledge to try to tackle this myself.
    if you want to bring it out we can go threw the flow chart and fix your problem

Bring it out where? I don't know how far I want to take this thing. I can't get to speed in a decent amount of time. It was pretty freaky on the freeway today lol
    1968 Camaro 383

Bring it out where? I don't know how far I want to take this thing. I can't get to speed in a decent amount of time. It was pretty freaky on the freeway today lol
    i live in slinger

ok, ill have to see. Thats kind of a haul
    1968 Camaro 383

ok, ill have to see. Thats kind of a haul
    sorry just tring to help.

no i appreciate it! I just don't know if i trust taking it that far.
    1968 Camaro 383

check your shift solenoid B from underneath under the pan when u look form the front of the truck itll be at the left rear of the valve body

yeah i read up on that thanks!. The only thing that worries me is the clunking that Im hearing at low speeds too.
    1968 Camaro 383

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i believe when that code sets it puts the trans at max pressure and it will shift very very hard causing a clunking sound. I get that code every few hundred miles, as soon as i clear it shifts normal again.

Im not saying thats your issue but it could very well be. If you can clear the code and drive it before it sets again, see how it shifts.....
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

yeah i cleared it after it first happened and its still like crap. Im going to have to take it in somewhere because I really don't have any time to look at it right now.
    1968 Camaro 383

habitual line-stepper Mr. Brett's Avatar

That's what my last one did when the band was totally shot.

Well I'm going ahead and having the shop but a rebuilt in it. Thanks for all the help.
    1968 Camaro 383

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    now is a good reason to start driving the camaro

sux about the truck though did they diagnose the other one as unfixable and what ended up bein the prob.