Black Projectors
    15% tint
    Injen CAI
    AEM Wideband
    2 step colder plugs
    Custom Tune by Z speed

Just put my header on

Little exhaust video

2006 Cobalt SS/SC GMPP Touring Exhaust, 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors, NGK 2 step colder plugs, Meth Injection, Injen CAI, CTI Downpipe, JBP Vortex Header, Ingals TD, AEM Wideband, Black 2gn Projectors, 15% tint
    Custom Tuned by Z Speed

Im just a youngster trying to get through life...at 17psi

Irish
    I actually like the fact that it's not all raspy and garbage can-ey. Sounds decent for a four popper!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    that jbp header is knarly as hell but it makes your exhaust sound so much like a suby

thanks, i think it sounds pretty low and throaty which is what i was going for.
    2006 Cobalt SS/SC GMPP Touring Exhaust, 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors, NGK 2 step colder plugs, Meth Injection, Injen CAI, CTI Downpipe, JBP Vortex Header, Ingals TD, AEM Wideband, Black 2gn Projectors, 15% tint
    Custom Tuned by Z Speed

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    that jbp header is knarly as hell but it makes your exhaust sound so much like a suby
    Scooby's sound like sex
    Custom Tuned by Z Speed

Irish
    .....but, it makes your exhaust sound like a Subaru.
    Edited for Grammar.

The fact that it sounds that way is a good thing. Sounds throaty instead of a whiny little bitch like some of the four cylinders do.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Edited for Grammar.

The fact that it sounds that way is a good thing. Sounds throaty instead of a whiny little bitch like some of the four cylinders do.

i totally agree. i have the gmpp exhaust on my car and i love how its deep and not raspy and the jbp header is icing on the cake.

is the sport or performance exhaust? i have the performance and it sounds perfect.

Irish
    Do N/A colbalts and SC cobalts sound the same?

I got the touring one.

And the N/A and SC sound different
    Custom Tuned by Z Speed

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedSS View Post
    I got the touring one.

And the N/A and SC sound different
    kinda yes, kinda no...

under wot ss/sc you can literally hear a jet like noise come out the stock exhaust and most under 3" after market exhaust. i might have a video in my photo bucket. under normal driving they sound alot alike after all they are basically the same block the only difference is the 2.ol ss/sc is a destroked 2.2l.

but that jbp header makes the cobalt exhaust note sound completely different and awesome.
    Last edited by That_Guy; 05-06-2009 at 09:04 PM.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Clean car and like Irish said - that doesn't sound too bad for a 4cyl.

but that jbp header makes the cobalt exhaust note sound completely different and awesome.
    You mean... less like Michael Jackson screaming one solid high pitch note into a 5 gallon bucket?
    Last edited by PureSound15; 05-06-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Clean car and like Irish said - that doesn't sound too bad for a 4cyl.

You mean... less like Michael Jackson screaming one solid high pitch note into a 5 gallon bucket?

Stock exhaust on the cobalt ss/sc is very raspy and restrictive. In my opinion it sounds like ass under wide open. With right header combo and after market exhaust they sound great. What he has on his car is the cats ass as far as exhaust setups go. I have the same exhaust i just dont have the headers. Maybe later this summer.

lol at the jackson comment.

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Stock exhaust on the cobalt ss/sc is very raspy and restrictive. In my opinion it sounds like ass under wide open. With right header combo and after market exhaust they sound great. What he has on his car is the cats ass as far as exhaust setups go. I have the same exhaust i just dont have the headers. Maybe later this summer.

lol at the jackson comment.
    That header is purely for sound. It doesn't flow evenly and is made by a hack shop which will be going out of business soon.

To the OP I like what you have done besides the header. You should lower that thing with some sportlines and it will look even better.
    Last edited by stealthy1ss; 05-07-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthy1ss View Post
    That header is purely for sound. It doesn't flow evenly and is made by a hack shop which will be going out of business soon.

ive heard things about people losing power with that header just because of its " unmatched flow" but that company claims 30 hp either way it does sound good.

Irish

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    The company that makes that header has ripped off a guy that was having them build a TT RWD LSJ motor for his cobalt. Here is the guys personal website about the car. When he mensions the main shop he means JBP.

http://victory-red-ss.ca/node/1

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

The company that makes that header has ripped off a guy that was having them build a TT RWD LSJ motor for his cobalt. Here is the guys personal website about the car. When he mensions the main shop he means JBP.

http://victory-red-ss.ca/node/1

Rods gunna endup owning that shop after the lawsuit is settled.(i called dibs on the hoist)
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    that is crazy
    i remember j body performance when they first came out and all there shady work.

best of luck to that guy in the RWD. but he cant be all there trusting a shop you know nothing about and all that $

Bored yesturday so i decieded to paint my rims. sanded them all down, taped them off, and gave it 5 coats of gloss black and 3 coats of clear. Came out pretty good.

Custom Tuned by Z Speed

Not bad. If I was you I would have left the center cap gunmetal.