BCM welcomes CarCareDepot.com

CarCareDepot.com is a new mail order source for premium car care products. Started by BCM's very own jon_we4, who has been a part of BCM since day 1 (well, maybe like week 2). Jon was at the cruise nights and shows in his 1987 Turbo Regal back in the day and moved out of state to work in the automotive performance industry. While he sold his Buick he kept up with the itch by purchasing a 2004 GTO and by founding LS1GTO.com. After seven years of living as a FIB he had the opportunity to move back to the land of beer and cheese. Jon moved back to the Pewaukee area, settled down, got married, and started a new career. With the itch ever growing he sold the GTO to put an order in for a Corvette Z06. With the poor economic climate he's had a few months of "unplanned downtime" to plan and organize CCD.

CCD focuses on product lines that out perform the standard shelf items at auto parts stores. While CCD stocks some items from Mothers and Meguairs, they hand pick products to create a complete catalog. CCD has no brand bias, if it works - it works.

The Current Lineup:
    • FLEX: FLEX is a German manufacturer of the best random orbital polisher on the market. While its more expensive than the competition you get features not found anywhere else. The FLEX 3401 dual action motion of this polisher is safe for practically any painted surface. While a rotary can burn through paint if used improperly - it's nearly impossible to do with this unit. The FLEX has a forced rotation to ensure dual action movement along with a throttle type switch to use variable speed without resetting the max speed. There is a cruise control function to keep the polisher at the desired speed so you do not have to keep your finger holding the trigger only halfway down. The polisher's powerful motor allows you to get heavy swirls and scratches that the competition can not - and it makes for quick work of polishing and sealing.
    • Lake Country Mfg: Lake Country is one of the two Wisconsin manufactures we proudly carry. We carry their line of CCS (Closed Cell Structure) buffing pads and applicators. The CCS buffing pads pair excellently with the FLEX 3401 polisher. What separates these pads from others on the market are the pockets which collect and distribute compounds as you polish. The pockets keep the pad from absorbing compounds too quickly and gradually release them as needed. Lake Country makes different pads for different purposes. The orange light cutting pad will remove swirl marks and scratches. The white and black pads will polish and finesse any marring left behind from the more aggressive pads. The blue pad can be used to apply your LSP (Last Step Product) such as a liquid wax or sealant.
    • Race Glaze: Race Glaze is our second Wisconsin manufacturer. We carry their polish+sealant product which is a quick and easy to use LSP (Last Step Product). The poly/acrylic sealant protects your paint from the elements while polishing as its being applied and removed. This product is buffs off easily which makes it a breeze to use.
    • Tropi-Care: We carry the Tropi-Care premium car wash and sealant xP. Their car wash is a nuetral balance chemical that does a great job of cleaning your ride. Their "Sunburst" Sealant xP has worked great on a certain yellow GTO, helping to give depth on a light color while giving a lasting protection barrier. The product applies and buffs out with very little effort.
    • Poorboy's World: With nearly 20 years of experience and 7 years in business, Poorboy's World has offered quality products without the 'flash' at affordable prices. PB products are very user friendly. We carry PB's Natty's Paste Wax, Wheel Sealant, and a mix of their polishes, swirl removers, and cleaners. It's a very promising line and we will continue to carry more to meet demand.
    • Migliore Wax: CCD is proud to carry the full line of Migliore premium products. Migliore uses certified organic materials and bottles everything by hand in effort to be friendly to the environment. They have a great line of protectants and sprays. Migliore also has a wheel sealant which will help brake dust to come off with a easy rinse. They have 3 lines of waxes, their Primo blend is applied to new Ferrari's sold in Hungary and a jar is given to each new owner. While the products are fairly new - reviews from independant detailers are promising.
    • Microfiber Products: CCD has imported some super plush and absorbent microfiber towels. Sourced from Korea - not China. The "Super Blue" line features nearly a 500 gram weight. Its a great performing towel that doesn't break your bank. They are great for buffing out your LSP or touch up work with a mist and wipe detailer spray. The super large waffle weave towel is great for drying your ride after a wash.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Awesome!

Poorboys FTW! I need some, actually!

Very nice!

Thanks guys. I've been working on this for over a month now. I have a few more products that I have to test before putting on the site.

I'm working on bringing over some products from the UK (Dodo, etc) but that takes more time than getting products within the US.

The other nice thing, I can ship anywhere in WI with SpeeDee delivery for nearly half the price of UPS. Its one [business] day delivery and if you need something in a pinch they can usually get it out as late as 8 pm for the next day.

I'm not a huge operation and this is the first forum I've sponsored. I wanted to start locally and grow from there and support "home" first.
    --
    Jon

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    i hear nothing but good things about the flex from 6spdonline and such

do you have a catalog and pricing of the current products?

Yes, right now everything is on www.CarCareDepot.com
    --
    Jon

Congratulations Jon! I will take two of the pads we talked about. So next time we plan a run in Just bring em along.

again very cool Jon! Thumbs up for race glaze and tropic-care btw!

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Awesome! Glad to see a local source for Poorboys. Love the products.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Congratulations Jon! I will take two of the pads we talked about. So next time we plan a run in Just bring em along.
    Just let me know the color/density

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    again very cool Jon! Thumbs up for race glaze and tropic-care btw!
    Thanks Yoo - if there is anything that I don't care but someone constantly uses I do plan on adapting my catalog for to meet demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Awesome! Glad to see a local source for Poorboys. Love the products.
    I do carry most of their products, if there is something I dont list I can always special order it. I wanted to do Chemical Guy's too - but I could only bring on so much stock at one time.
    --
    Jon

Have you used the Dodo Juice? And if so - which one? When you read the discriptions online - it's very hard to figure out what I actually would want to use.

Have you ever tried using the Foam guns for car washing. I think they are made by Gilmour. Here is an example of what they are.

http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html

I've heard some good comments about them and was considering purchasing one along with other detailing supplies. I'd much rather support a BCM member than some no name website. I might need some help deciding which waxes will work the best on a white car.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Have you used the Dodo Juice? And if so - which one? When you read the discriptions online - it's very hard to figure out what I actually would want to use.
    I have not personally. Friends of mine have but I've really only heard feedback from their Supernatural wax. I'm going to put a list together with the friends of mine that use Dodo and get an initial stocking order together.

Quote Originally Posted by 03CVLX View Post
    Have you ever tried using the Foam guns for car washing. I think they are made by Gilmour.

I might need some help deciding which waxes will work the best on a white car.
    I've researched them but have not been able to find a source for them.

I'm going to be testing out some PB products on a friends new white G8. I think we are going to go with the white diamond glaze and a sealant and maybe natty's blue wax. The blue wax will give it a pearl/color-changing effect.
    --
    Jon

Sounds like an interesting mix. I'd love to see the pics when you try it.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Yeah, me to, white is really hard to make "pop", so I would love to see some pics!

thanks for your support
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I've actually used Nattys Blue on a white M3 - I will say that it was definitely a different look while it was in the sun, but it was pretty cool!

Just some guy...
    Glad to see you have it up and running!!!