Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good looking project man! keep at it!

Chris
    2wheel wrench spinner

FINALLY after jumping through hoop after hoop I finally was able to register my bike. I got the plates in the mil today.

My uncle never registered the bike when he bought it in 1999. I had to have a police officer run the vin make sure it wasn't stolen and send all this stuff to the state about the bike. THEN I had to take out a Surety Bond. It took a couple months, but the bike is registered.

I should be ordering everything (clip-ons, tires, etc etc) by the end of the week so I'll be making some major progress in the next couple weeks!

Sweet, thanks for keeping up with the progress. I love these ugly bikes
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Hey Pork, you know anyone that can upholster my seat for me? I got some cheap vinyl from Hancock Fabrics and suck at upholstering shit. I know there's that place that used to sponser Team Rush but do you know of anyone else? Any idea how much it would be?

I went up to Ride yesterday and talked the guy I know. Dudes hookin me up. Looks like I'll be able to buy a lot of stuff I need right from there. Helmet, gloves, gripes, and turn signals. I should be going there tomorrow to order everything.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Jax Seat Cover did me very well in the past for the Olds Cutlass seats

Ordered my Woodcraft clip-ons and Pirelli tires today!

Going to buy my helmet and gloves tomorrow and Ride. I might pick up my turn signals right away too.

Could try Crash for the seat upholstry, he just started playing with upholstry so it would likely be cheap

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    thier was a place on hwy 100(ryan road) and 27th street that did Great work on my dirtbike seat cover and a custom made cover for my dads boat. very good work fast turn around times and cheep prices. this was about 5-6 years ago tho. not sure if they are even there anymore.

bike looks good. how did you lower the front 3" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Jax Seat Cover did me very well in the past for the Olds Cutlass seats
    I might take it there and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Could try Crash for the seat upholstry, he just started playing with upholstry so it would likely be cheap
    Who's crash?

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    thier was a place on hwy 100(ryan road) and 27th street that did Great work on my dirtbike seat cover and a custom made cover for my dads boat. very good work fast turn around times and cheep prices. this was about 5-6 years ago tho. not sure if they are even there anymore.

bike looks good. how did you lower the front 3" ?
    I swing by there and see if they are still there.

I loosened up the tripple tree and slid the forks up. It's a less permanent way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I might take it there and see what they say.

Who's crash?

I swing by there and see if they are still there.

I loosened up the tripple tree and slid the forks up. It's a less permanent way to do it.

There's a little azn guy in Cudahy that does awesome work. I have his card somewhere, he works right off of Layton by the Harbor Freight over there. He did my uncles bench seat on his 72 c10 for $100.

Also, when your done you should trade for my VTR!!!

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

I think that guy came into our work here asking to set up a wholesale deal to do a couple bikes, but because we don't do alot of custom stuff.

I'm gonna give it a shot myself one more time. If I/m not completely happy with the outcome then I'll have to pay someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I'm gonna give it a shot myself one more time. If I/m not completely happy with the outcome then I'll have to pay someone.
    before you do it me, you should pick up some new foam and shape it again. that old beat up foam prolly wont last very long and the seat will becomd wrinkled..... just an idea

haha i havent posted on bcm in a long long time
    David L.
    2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Camaro - Yeah it still broken
    1993 CR-X del Sol Si -the stock 35+MPG Daily Driver
    if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?

www.ProjectCamaro.com
    www.KieperRacing.com
    www.JMRemodelingwi.com

I'm going to cover it with batting and then headliner material (I read that on a how to online) before I cover it. The shaping took me too long to do it over again. That shit will last for a long time. After I cover it if should smooth it out.

Pictures!

Got my clip-ons today!

So I had to cut the brace that holds the gauges, turn signals, and headlight to the triple tree. It's made of metal and in order for the clip-ons to go in the space I needed them to some hacking was needed.

You can kinda see where it came off of.

Here's the piece off the bike.

The piece and my preferred method of cutting.

Sawing away. It cut through easier then I thought. I'm pretty sure it's made of aluminum so it cut easy.

One side done.

Two sides done.

BAM! Perfect fit.

Close up of how close everything is.

Finally get to sit on the bike and steer it with handlebars!

Feels damn good. Right now everything is just hand tight. You can see int eh pics the carbs are off the bike too. last weekend my uncle came over, who has more experience with carbs, and helped me clean the thing up. The bike would not have ran the way the carbs were. Things were all stuck and clogged up.

I also changed the oil.

I also bought some vinyl to wrap the seat in. Got a great deal on a bunch from the fabric store. I'm not that great at upholstering so we'll see how that turns out.

I'm hopin things will start wrappin up in the next couple weeks. Slowly but surely.

Looking awesome!

Looks like fun

Another piece to the puzzle showed up like 15 min ago.

Sick new Pirelli's!