Post from the other another forum:

Made some more progress. I used KREEM to get rid of the rust in my gas tank and recoat it. It's like a brand new tank now. It turned out great.

Got my throttle, and clutch hooked back up and operating properly.

I also got all the new gaskets on the carbs and put that back.

Took the mirrors off today and it looks 10x more rad. Fuck it. I'm going sans the mirrors. Might not be the safest thing but it just looks dope.

Unfortunately I'm not getting any power even though I put a new battery in. Soooo, I have a call into an electrician guy I know who is a genius when it comes to wiring shit ad actually enjoys diagnosing and rectifying issues like this. I hope to get him over ASAP.

In the mean time this week my plans are:

-Remove the rims and paint them
-Possibly have the new Pirellis mounted.
-Sandblast exhaust and order heat wrap
-Grind off the rust around the rim of the gas tank on the outside (just minor surface rust)
-PAINT THE TANK THE FINAL COLOR!
-I'd like to get to upholstering the seat, but I'm kinda dreading it

Today...

Been getting to work on this SOB! Now that I got my job back I need a ride so I'm trying to wrap this bad boy up.

First things first. Like I said I used the KREEM stuff to take care of the rust in the tank. You can see the shit in there in these pics and around the fill spout. That is completely gone now and all sealed up.

Yesterday I started painting the wheels. Yeah I'm half ass rattle canning it, but it's good enough for now. I'm thinking I'll powder coat'em over winter.

Here's the ugly bastard stock.

Just with some degreaser it looks better.

Primed it. Looks better already.

Few coats later.

My next step was to paint the lip flat black. I wanted a two tone flat and gloss black for the wheels. Just to add a lil som som. It was good leaving the old tires on. Saved me from having to mask off the tire.

I spent a bunch of time on the tank, but I'm not happy with the finish. I used different paint then I normally use for flat/sating flat paint and it just turned out a lil blotchy. I'm gonna redo it tomorrow so more pics of that coming then. It's primed and ready to go though.

Again like I said, I wasn't getting any power to anything. Had an electrical guru guy I know come over and trouble shot stuff and BAM! POWA! I can tell it wants to just fire up. I don't have the petcocks on the tank yet though so I couldn't fire it up. I will be getting then on tomorrow and it's getting fired up. There's still no exhaust so it should be a lotta fun!