Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ditch the stock gauges and get a bicycle computer, they are 10 bucks 99 percent accurate and go up to 99 mph. Super easy to install too, and nice and small so you can hide it. Also available wireless for 35 bucks
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    IT RUNS!!! lol.. Just needs tuning help and uh... a little clutch work
    Yeaaah. We gotta figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Ditch the stock gauges and get a bicycle computer, they are 10 bucks 99 percent accurate and go up to 99 mph. Super easy to install too, and nice and small so you can hide it. Also available wireless for 35 bucks
    Hmmm. There's a bike shop right across the street from my work. Maybe I'll walk over there and see what they have. I was planning on going over there to see if they have a bar end mirror that would work.

Senior Member..now yer posting! buttersgt350's Avatar
    1984 MUSTANG GT350 #1801

Quote Originally Posted by buttersgt350 View Post
    Wow, that is DOPE! I wonder what he wants for it. He doesn't come out and say.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Wow, that is DOPE! I wonder what he wants for it. He doesn't come out and say.
    It's in the post title... $2699...
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    It's in the post title... $2699...

BTW my bro in law is gonna come over tomorrow to work on the bike if you wanna come lend a hand.

Really really really hoping to get the bike running tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Really really really hoping to get the bike running tonight.
    What time you thinkin?
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

It finally got on the road last night! It's still not running completely right, but we made some progress. Pics coming soon.

Some updated pics. It's coming along. Just ordered a jet kit which should solve all the running issues...I hope.

BTW that is not me in the pics. It's my bro in law.

badass

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Ol' School
    what are the chances of taking a small piece of lexan and cutting it to dimension, painting it black and covering that right side of your battery? Just a idea to help hide it a tad

You have done well in this build bro!

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    what are the chances of taking a small piece of lexan and cutting it to dimension, painting it black and covering that right side of your battery? Just a idea to help hide it a tad

You have done well in this build bro!
    Working on that actually. I'm modifying the stock cover. It has this ugly bulge in it. So I cut that part of it out, cut some sheet metal, glued it in, and then bondo'd and marglassed over it. I just wanted it to be flat and smooth. I've been working on it for a bit (it's not that hard) because I have been so damn busy. It'll be flat black like the rest of the pieces.

That battery is bothering everyone. lol.
    Last edited by Exitspeed; 04-27-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    Mel, that thing looks pretty kickass.

nice looking cafe, been wanting to build one myself.
    "On paper, the physics don't make sense, In theory, a car can no more drift around a corner than a bumblebee can fly. And yet in the real world, it happens."

www.FullSpecMoto.com

IT'S ALIVE.

So after going over the cards 2-3 times just trying to clean them (compressed air, carb cleaner bath, etc), and the bike still not running, I finally had them ultra-sonic cleaned. I popped the carbs back in yesterday and the bike seriously just fired right up and ran like it was brand new. I couldn't believe it. After so much time being disappointed and all the work I put into it, if this didn't work I was seriously ready to sell it. I can't wait to finish up some little things on it now and get riding.

Congratulations! I bet it feels pretty good!
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO