Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ^ lets see it! I love CB's
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

pork i dont wanna thread jack........ill email ya some pics. shoot me a PM with your email.
    2007 brilliant black Chrysler 300C SRT8

Moar updates. Been working on the bike all week and weekend. Alllllmost done but now quit.

Here's some updates pics. As you can see the seat is done and it turned out great. I also decided to do a rear fender. I just modified the original fender. It's about half as long as it used to be. Then I painted it the same as the tank.

Things left to do:

Replace turn signal relay (it's bad and turns won't blink)
    Replace relay that turns on headlight (also bad)
    Hook up rear turns
    Buy and hook up tail light
    Complete tin battery cover
    Buy bar end mirrors and install
    Bend or cut kickstand (you can see the bike is barely leaning right now)
    Clean the hell out of the whole thing

Ride and enjoy.

It's getting close. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    how about paint the rear swingarm?

Irish
    I heart this bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart H View Post
    how about paint the rear swingarm?
    Yep. Going to do that before it's completely done. I'm going to half ass it right now and just mask everything off and rattle can it. Over winter I'll remove it and have it powder coated. Along with some other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I heart this bike!
    Thanks man. Glad you like.

Update on this bike:

Unfortunately I didn't get the thing running in time to ride it this year.

I ended up taking it out to my brother in laws shop in Richfield and while it was great to have every tool and air tool known to man to work on it it was really inconvenient. He talked me into doing a little more to it then I was really wanting to do to it this year and because he was super busy and I never worked on the particular projects.

What I did get done was half assly painting the swing arm which looks a LOT better. I'll be redoing it properly this winter.

We got the led taillight put on. Just had to weld up some brackets to mount it too.

There were a few other mics projects that I'm probably not thinking of.

Ultimately the hold up came down to a bunch of electrical issues that we were not able to solve.

Adam (lasttimearound) has talked me into rewiring the whole bike though which is something I really wanted to do from the start but didn't have the know-how. Hopefully with his help that will go well.

So the project wasn't abandoned, just hit some hiccups.

Plans for winter:

-Rewire bike and get everything working properly
    -Re-paint subframe, tank, and rear fender
    -Possibly eliminate the gauges all together
    -And last if money permits using a kit a guy is making do a rear rim in the front swap. It completely changes the look of the bike and looks awesome.

speaking of which, print that diagram and blow it up if you can and bring it tonight.

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    I have a 81 Virago XV920R if you want to buy it....
    2001 Subaru Forester

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I love the red on the wheels.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

mel do you have any pictures of that green one still? that bike makes my dick twitch

Quote Originally Posted by lasttimearound View Post
    speaking of which, print that diagram and blow it up if you can and bring it tonight.
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Want_Notch View Post
    I have a 81 Virago XV920R if you want to buy it....
    No thanks. One is enough for me. My next bike will be a more traditional cafe style bike.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    I love the red on the wheels.
    Thanks.

mel do you have any pictures of that green one still? that bike makes my dick twitch
    I know. SO awesome. You can see he did the rear wheel on the front mod. He was the first to do it.

what model virago/year is that? id like to do something similar. since come december ill have time since i wont be in school anymore.

what model virago/year is that? id like to do something similar. since come december ill have time since i wont be in school anymore.
    '81 750. same year as mine.

looks like i have to steal the other one out of your garage then.

looks like i have to steal the other one out of your garage then.
    It's gone already. Uncle has it. You can get'em real cheap.

i know. a guy i work with is nuts for cafe bikes and after i expressed my crush on that green bike, he shows me ever virago he finds on CL.

I need to find a gauge like the one in that 3rd pic above. But I don't want to pay $100+

I'm also thinking of redoing my exhaust. Getting rid of the mufflers all together. Just need to do some modification to it. Weld on some extra length and redo the mounts.
    Last edited by Exitspeed; 11-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.

you need one like the guy i work it.. has everything all in one and looks old school. ill try to get you a link to it.

you need one like the guy i work it.. has everything all in one and looks old school. ill try to get you a link to it.
    Those all seem to cost a grip though. I'm still trying to build this thing on the cheap.