Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

Random Friday is Back! Today's topic inside!!!!

Its late at night. You are driving on a dark country road with no street lights. Its hot and humid out. Your car is a 67 Chevelle 4-door with a 283 auto. You notice the car is down on power...just then you notice steam spewing from under the hood. You pull over to have a look.

You survey the situation and decide you need a tow. You try your cell phone without luck. No signal. The nearest town is 25 miles in either direction. You have half a bottle of water, some electrical tape, some rope, a phillips screwdriver, a 3/8" wrench and some cardboard. There is a farm down the road a bit but it appears abandoned. You haven't seen another car on the road in an hour or more.

How would you handle this scenerio?

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Abandon the dumb chevy, and trade all the supplies to some farm guy for a ride to the nearest bus station

its a 283,just continue to drive it.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Abandon the dumb chevy, and trade all the supplies to some farm guy for a ride to the nearest bus station
    /thread. WIN!

I'd probably just wait for the car to cool off for an hour or so then drive to the next town. Fuck it. It's a 283/auto anyway. The only reason I'd be driving it is to wherever I was swapping in the big block.

first: i would take the electrical tape and cardboard and make a imitation pirate hat. Next I would take the rope and wrap it around my neck, not going too tight. Then i would take the half bottle of water and soak the front of my pants with it. Then I would lay down in the middle of the road and wait for the next passerby.

You know damn well that any person that sees a passed out pirate that pissed his pants while attempting to hang himself is going to call the cops.

wait for cops to arrive and get your tow. i really can;t come up with anything for the screwdriver and wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    its a 283,just continue to drive it.
    I agree, put it to the wood get as much speed / momentum as you can an hope it makes it 25 miles or to the nearest non abandon farmers house. With any amount of luck it will be like in any movie or story and the farmer has a hot daughter, lol.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Let the car cool, take off the radiator cap and add some water and I"m going to assume that 3/8s is for something on the radiator and add water to it. I'm gonna say the rest of the stuff is to get food. Use the rope to lasso a rabbit and use the wrench to beat it to death. You can use the phillips to carve into the beast and get the meat out and use the cardboard as a fire starter. (i'm going to assume that there are rocks around to start a fire) Electrical tape hmm...no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyKiller87 View Post
    I agree, put it to the wood get as much speed / momentum as you can an hope it makes it 25 miles or to the nearest non abandon farmers house. With any amount of luck it will be like in any movie or story and the farmer has a hot daughter, lol.
    the seinfeld episode where Kramer and Neuman are at that farm with the hot daughter just came to mind

The guy in the scenerio was driving his old Chebie to the parts store to get parts for his neighbors 3 year old Ford

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    the seinfeld episode where Kramer and Neuman are at that farm with the hot daughter just came to mind
    Lol, that exacly what I was thinkin of when I posted that.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    The guy in the scenerio was driving his old Chebie to the parts store to get parts for his neighbors 3 year old Ford
    Doesn't change my actions any. I'd still abandon the dumb chevy

Like Ron said... drive my air cooled 283 as far as it will take me and then worry about it. SBC's are a dime a dozen.

I would let the car cool down and then give her hell for the next 25 miles. Its only a small block. Heck I would probably rip the radiator out of the car to get more air into the engine comp. Whats the temp outside? 30 degrees or 95 and sunny?
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow wagon View Post
    Its late at night. Its hot and humid out.

How is this random though? seems pretty pre-planned out to be the worst possible situation for every solution

How is this random though? seems pretty pre-planned out to be the worst possible situation for every solution
    nope the scenerio is totally random. I thought it out as I typed the thread. Its supposed to be a "how would you handle this random event" type of random friday.

so then randomly, a cop could just come cruising down the road to help you out right? Seeing as they're always out randomly driving around anyways.

the situation only involves the details given. Do not assume anything further. Its meant to make you think. I had a flat tire once in Milwaukee. Had I "assumed" a cop would randomly stop by I would have been out there awhile. I didn't see a single cop the whole time I was fighting rusty lugs on my Caprice that day

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    first: i would take the electrical tape and cardboard and make a imitation pirate hat. Next I would take the rope and wrap it around my neck, not going too tight. Then i would take the half bottle of water and soak the front of my pants with it. Then I would lay down in the middle of the road and wait for the next passerby.

You know damn well that any person that sees a passed out pirate that pissed his pants while attempting to hang himself is going to call the cops.

wait for cops to arrive and get your tow. i really can;t come up with anything for the screwdriver and wrench.
    Funniest shit I have read all year !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    I would pull the car safely off the road, turn it off, amd just sit with it awhile......let it cool down completely, then look for any visible problems, see if there's anything I can do to fix whatever's wrong.....if there's nothing I can do, I would attempt to start the car, and take it slowly down the road (hazards on, of course) for a short distance, pull it over, let it rest, and keep going slowly on like this until I could get it closer to a populated area. I wouldn't care how long this would take, or if I would end up having to walk a distance to find help, my first and foremost intent would be to keep the car safe, and get it "medical" attention.