Anyone ever do a trans on a stealth?

My cousins trans on his dodge stealth is slipping so was wondering if its a bitch to do?Its fwd n/a.
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Your avatar is very "Shallow and Pedantic."
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

Yes, many.

NA FWD is not much harder than any other FWD car. Its a fairly big trans so its a little tight in and out but that's about it.

Basic gist of the job is remove the intake tubing, probably battery tray, shift linkage, etc. and whatever is in the way from the top so you can get to the upper trans bolts. Disconnect the trans lines, speedo, trans controller, netral safety switch, etc. electrical connectors. Remove the lower a arms from the frame - its much faster and you won't risk ripping the lower ball joint boots - so you can then pull the wheels and CV shafts and lower a arms out far enough to get the CV shafts out of the trans on each side. Remove the lower trans bolts and starter and etc. Remove the inspecton cover so you can get the flex plate bolts. That's about it really, then just fanagle it out and the new one back in.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Alright sounds just like any other fwd but i noticed that the cv on the pasanger side has like a 4bolt flange on the trans.Never seen that b4 on any mazda stuff.Do i unbolt it and pull it out with the flange or do i just pull the cv out?I tried pulling the cv out but no go thats really the only thing holding me up right now so i can start taking the converter bolts/nuts off the flex plate.Guess i should take the motor mounts off to the ones that bolt tot he sides of the motor and leave one mount drivers side on so the motor tilts down to get a lil bit more room?
    99-ranger
    88-ranger
    89-spirit

Those bolts are just part of the trans, not holding the CV shaft in as far as I remember.

You have to "POP" it out, it is held in there by a spring C-clip inside on the splines. So, you have to get a small prybar between the CV joint body and the trans, and "POP" the CV shaft out of the trans. Sometimes it takes a bit of a POP to get it out. Likewise, when you go to put it back together, make sure the C-clip is still in its slot, and you have to give them a pretty healthy shove to POP them back all the way in and snapped into place.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

As far as the motor mounts you shouldn't have to remove any of the three still on (left, right, front), just the one on the trans(rear).
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!