Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
    Your not paying top dollar just for the performance im sorry to let you know this, if that was the case then why is the GTR or the Zr1 a fraction of the price of a new lambo? Your paying for the name and along with the name comes overall engineering and the exotic look.

Your last paragraph makes no sense, these high end companies hire people specialize in interiors to design even the smallest thing in the inside but its justifiable to cheap out on designing some headlights? LoL

Cheap and Lamborghini don't belong in the same sentence.
    The GTR and the ZR1 both come from automobile companies that make hundreds of thousands of cars - far more than Lamborghini. The GTR and ZR1 both come from companies that have (well... kind of for GM) discovered the profitability of economies of scale and scope (am I losing you?).

Sure - I can certainly understand your point in the case that some dbag buys a lambo just so that he can say he has a lambo only to discover that his headlights are from a Nissan.

My point is that - the guy that bought the lambo because of it's history as one of the worlds finest automobiles, collect ability, performance, lack of annual depreciation and pure love for the world of cars will not care that Lamborghini chose to save that R&D money and invest it into another portion of the car.

90% of Ferrari owners, Lambo owners and other exotic car owners are douche bags - The other 10% are the Jim Fuchs, the Andy Schroeders and other true gentleman that appreciate the car because it's a piece of art and respect the historical significance of those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    90% of Ferrari owners, Lambo owners and other exotic car owners are douche bags - The other 10% are the Jim Fuchs, the Andy Schroeders and other true gentleman that appreciate the car because it's a piece of art and respect the historical significance of those cars.
    This is true, which is why I like to point it out. I had an argument with a lambo owner last year, according to him it was vice versa and my car was to cheap to design its own headlights.

Im not sure if you know anything about art but I do, which is why I love my car. You can't take a piece of someone elses work of art, put it into yours and simply think nothing of it but obviously for some people you can.

In all honesty I didn't make this thread to gloat, I believe my car is a timeless work of art that broke from the conventional 80's look to something simply gorgeous whether you or anyone else agrees. The fact that Lamborghini used it does not affect the way I perceive her either...im just saying that it was a beautiful design and to give credit where its due for it, beautiful enough to be on a Lamborghini, but obviously we will not agree on this.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 05-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.

You guys are missing the point. In the late eighties when the diablo was being developed Lamborghini was in rough shape financially. Like most supercar manufacturers after the 1988 stock market crash, they were willing to do whatever it took to stay in business. Also remember they were owned by Chrysler at the time, and they could have given a shit about 50 years of hand built Italian heritage. They wanted a profitable car and the prestige that came with owning the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooo32 View Post
    You guys are missing the point. In the late eighties when the diablo was being developed Lamborghini was in rough shape financially. Like most supercar manufacturers after the 1988 stock market crash, they were willing to do whatever it took to stay in business. Also remember they were owned by Chrysler at the time, and they could have given a shit about 50 years of hand built Italian heritage. They wanted a profitable car and the prestige that came with owning the brand.
    Interesting...

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    its justifiable to cheap out on designing some headlights? LoL

do you have any idea whats all involved in headlamp design? lead times from concept to production part will take more than a year. tooling costs are insanely high, (thousands and thousands.)
    there is a ton of testing that has to happen...heat tests, leak test, weathering, vibration, light pattern studies, lifecycle testing, how it works with the vehicles charging system....etc. it has to meet world homologation tests...the list goes on and on. its ridiculous how many man hours and dollars it takes

so how much did Lambo save by using a headlamp that is currently in production, and getting a vehicle out in the market sooner (making sales), rather than delaying launch because of headlights? hundreds of thousands.

also headlights arent designed in house... in theory. concept sketching is, but that actual physical design and development is done by the supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    do you have any idea whats all involved in headlamp design? lead times from concept to production part will take more than a year. tooling costs are insanely high, (thousands and thousands.)
    there is a ton of testing that has to happen...heat tests, leak test, weathering, vibration, light pattern studies, lifecycle testing, how it works with the vehicles charging system....etc. it has to meet world homologation tests...the list goes on and on. its ridiculous how many man hours and dollars it takes

so how much did Lambo save by using a headlamp that is currently in production, and getting a vehicle out in the market sooner (making sales), rather than delaying launch because of headlights? hundreds of thousands.
    Ok I know your trying to be cool or whatever but I never said they didn't save money, I never said they didn't save time,and I never said it was an overnight project so...???

They are designing a fucking Lamborghini LMAO why is this so hard to understand? They design the exterior, the engine, the interior, but omg the headlights would save so much compared to everything else.

Besides, this whole discussion isn't about the economics of designing cars in the first place this is getting completely off track...thanks for taking it one step further after my last post. As always troutman your useless comments and witty remarks are embraced by me, its why I like you so much.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 05-06-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    As always troutman your useless comments and witty remarks are embraced by me, its why I like you so much.

anything to up the post count for another one of your ridiculous "look how awesome the nissan Z32 is" threads.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess I can't see why one would get so excited about sharing a part so menial as a headlight? I mean, it's not like they're using the engine from nissan or anything.

I mean, I don't get excited that I wear the same brand of underwear as Micheal Jordan, nor does it imply anything as to my ability to dunk a basketball.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    anything to up the post count for another one of your ridiculous "look how awesome the nissan Z32 is" threads.
    Whatever you say champ
    Last edited by gottwins?; 05-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I guess I can't see why one would get so excited about sharing a part so menial as a headlight? I mean, it's not like they're using the engine from nissan or anything.

I mean, I don't get excited that I wear the same brand of underwear as Micheal Jordan, nor does it imply anything as to my ability to dunk a basketball.
    Who's getting exited? This was originally about the lambo owners getting all defensive then the "who cares" or the "it dosen't matter" comments started rolling in. I guess as long as its not an american car it holds no significance not even worth mentioning and to credit the design is nothing but gloating lol whatever.
    Last edited by gottwins?; 05-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.