Aquarium- Where to get Apple Snails?

Back when I got my first aquarium a couple years ago, I bought an Apple Snail because, well, I think snails are cool. He lived for a while but ended up dying about 2 years ago (he was old). His name was Salty.

Anyway, Wisconsin outlawed the sale of Apple Snails about 2 years ago because they are invasive. They are still legal to own, but you can't buy them from a pet store.

Does anyone know anybody with Apple Snails they'd be willing to part with? I'd really like to get another one (or two). I currently have some mystery snails but they only get to be about 1" or so diameter, whereas Apple Snails will get to 6" if you feed them right.

This is one of my Mystery snails, Printy, destroying some lettuce.

Maybe a fish store over the state line might be able to help you. Do they transport OK? I don't think the State Patrol and the DNR are stopping cars looking for snails

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    "Mystery snails," LOL, I like that!! I'll ask my friends, a few of them have weird pets, I'll see if anyone can find you some Apple Snails.

Hoffer's Tropic Life Pets has them.

76th and Good Hope
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

I wonder how I can get one since I'm not supposed to be able to buy one lol

I'll check them out thanks. A lot of times they mis-label mystery snails as apple snails, but I know how to tell by the shell shape.

Woah a 6" snail. That's pretty cool!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

If you grow them that big they'll actually become more carnivorous and eat small fish.