Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BCM Cruiser

My build..the good, the bad, and the downright awesome

first of all i would like to give my left nut and many thanks to louie (eagletanggreen) for the amazing hookup on the motor/fcon/defi's/evc/ etc. without your patience this car would not be what it is today. thanks to minus500 for the 60-1 swap, joel seidel (aka spindler27/05orangeblast, also my best friend and helped with the build) ryan (eltness350) for the help, jason (deyj) for the moral support lol, chris @ sp for the triple pump, and all the support, shariff @ forged for the support, and louie for the volks and track z (:cheersand if i forgot anybody im sorry, but ill get to you.
    oh yea, and rmedix..because im sure everybody that f/i'd there own motor has made more than a dozen visits to your diy. so thank you too sir!
    heres the rundown on my car..bought in 12/05. started out as bolt on, then tn single, then greddy tt..sold everything and pretty much started from scratch as of 11/07. since then it has been a nonstop quest buying parts, researching, breaking ****, pulling all nighters before and after my classes/work/girls.
    i've honestly never been so pissed at an inanimate object..but also never been in such love with it either..i guess theres a different feeling associated when you tear apart and rebuild your car in your own garage (or cuz im too broke to pay for labor charges lol) i dont want to sit around and figure out how much i spent because i would be dramatized lol, but around 15k give or take.
    this build..no wait let me rephrase..this car has been such a turning point in my life, not only for the good times, but mostly for the people i've met through this car (such as joel). it has taught me responsibility in a sensse (and after a few close encounters too lol), and also taught me how to spend money like water haha.
    **chicagoz.com crew-
    i've met a great deal of you guys lately, especially on the chicago z forums, including jason, neil, keith, larry, danny, diamond bob, jeremy, vlad, thom and im sure theres more, and you guys are great. i look forward to many other meets and shows together.**
    honestly, if i could do it all over again..i would in a heartbeat because as much pain, sweat, anger, frustration, and blood that has been poured over this car..it has brought me so much happiness and gratitude...until something goes wrong during my tune lol. FML

onto the pics (cant find alot of the ones we took, ill post them up if i find them lol
    front before the build

rear

my interfooler. just needed to fill the gap (before my new front and 08 headlights)

random shot

on my old stock rims..did what i could with what i could lol..stock offsets ftl

my z, dad's zo6

interior before the build

motor when i picked it up

after some work

motor and tranny out

doing the clutch pivot ball and throwout bearing

spec flywheel

spec twindisk

350evo race shortshifter (1 piece!)

yum yum

quickshot

new amuse sideskirts

new transmission

jethot coated greddy manifold

rear coolant bypass

custom fuel setup, kinetix manifold (wanna see what kinda power this makes!)

motor mockup

SHIFT_aww shitt i grinded

twin 60-1's

empty bay:doh: powered by hopes and dreams...kinda like a honda

ihatewiring

WIN

tightening something lol

old harness..no pic of the revup harness

working on medusa aka triple fuel pump

more work on medusa

biggest pain in the ass ever..stupid feed line banjo bolt. snapped this..ordered one for $50 total after shipping..never got it. snapped another. then i bought 2 for $65 from a guy on g35driver.com..turned out i read it wrong and got the return banjos. called forged and sandy sent me their upgrade kit...still needed the damn banjo bolts..so i just converted to fittings from ace hardware lol. plumbing aisle ftmfgdw

chris, you should be proud lol

rear prior to the 3.3 vlsd and nismo finned diff cover. AAM 3"

breaktime lol

after some playing..got it all situated

as it sits now..

08 headlights.. fresh baked!

angry eyes? transformer?

everything is going on this week (front end, new front bumper, etc) interior is pretty much done (knock amp, fcon navigator, gizmo shiftlight, defi's, led conversion, aem wideband, and very soon, the brides!)
    pic of my toys..the z is pretty much done after the tune.. gotta do something to the g lol. anybody selling a vortech hahaha

heres a basic rundonw of my mod list (motor mods, complete mod list coming soon)
    Arias Zero Silicon AL EXTREME Duty Piston
    set 9.0:1 .020 overbore
    Egl-Rod-VQ Eagle Forged H Beam Beam Rod set VQ35 w/
    ARP rod bolts
    ARP-VQ35-M... ARP VQ35 Main Stud Kit
    Cos-PR7910 Nissan VQ35 (3.5L) Rod Bearing Set-Tri
    Metal: STD
    Cos-PR7911 Nissan VQ35 (3.5L) Main Bearing Set-Tri
    Metal: STD
    Cos-PR7859 Cosworth Thrust Bearings STD 1 0 1 20.00 20.00T
    Misc Fp Shortblock Machining, blueprinting, and
    assembly
    JWT A3505-R... JWT VQ35 S7 Camshaft Set for Rev Up
    Engine
    JWT-VQ35-S... JWT VQ35 Spring/Shim Kit VQ35
    NGK-350Z NGK One Step Colder Spark Plug 350Z/G35
    ARP Extreme Duty Head Stud Kit L19
    HKS-23001-A... HKS Metal Head Gasket 96mm
    NISSAN-VQ3... Nissan VQ35 Rear Coolant Bypass System
    NIS 10101-A... VQ35 350Z/G35 Engine Overhaul Gasket Kit
    VQ-Rear-Seal VQ35 350Z/G35 Rear Main Seal Retain
    Maching the Heads,porte and polish, valve job
    resurface heads
    HKS Fcon W/ Knock amp, and Fcon navigator
    forced performance 60-1 twin turbos (thanks minus500!)
    tial 38mm wastegates
    AAM 3" downpipes and wastegate dumps+ 3" true dual exhaust w/ vibrant performance mufflers
    kinetix ssv manifold (gotta see how well it flows past 8k)
    aem wideband
    custom fuel return setup
    sound performance triple fuel pump
    rc 1200cc's
    spec twin disk
    upgraded clutch pivot ball
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

VQ love ftw!

Nice build. What are your plans for the car after it's complete? Car shows? Drag strip? Auto-X? Road Racing?

What's you suspension set up going to be like? I hate to see all that work into making it go fast just in a straight line. That's not what the car was built for really. It looks like it might have a slight drop in the first few pics. Hard to tell.

Those SS are the worst part of the car IMO. They look too overdone for how bad ass the rest of the car is.

What sizes are those Volks?

Great build man. Looks like hell and fun.

Nice build.... I was with you up until the yellow valve covers....

Post whore
    Nice build. Were you in Naperville by chance Saturday night?? There was a twin turboed silver 350z that looked a lot like yours. The guy said he ran 10's at gld that day...
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Looks great!!

shits fuckin weak.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Looks great. I love to see nice VQ builds!

nice build!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Wholy hell that's alot of work. Any idea on #'s it will be putting out with the TT?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Very nice.

very nice!

very nice....

kinda wondering on power with the twins too....really nice build keep up the good work!
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    looks pretty cool man

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    dizzam, what bank did you rob?

nice car

BCM Cruiser
    thanks guys! should be around 600rwhp-ish on 14lbs (wastegate psi) and im gonna do an 18-20 psi map and an all out hail mary bragging right map on race gas lol.

was on jic flt-a2's no on bc coils, volks are 19x9.5+22 front/19x10.5+22 rears

and its set up for roadcourses, because as stated above its no drag car (although it will see the strip every once in a while)

srt4eh- was with joel when he picked yours up, and damn is it ever clean.

urlozin, i wish i was up there, car isnt running yet, but will be very very soon

thanks for all the support guys! keep the comments/criticism coming!

thanks

I've not seen too many body kits i've like but I gotta say yours looks awesome. The best part is you get to say you built it not some shop. Very cool build.
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Quote Originally Posted by boostin350z View Post

was on jic flt-a2's no on bc coils, volks are 19x9.5+22 front/19x10.5+22 rears

and its set up for roadcourses, because as stated above its no drag car (although it will see the strip every once in a while)
    Yes. I like how you think. I swear everyone in WI is into drag racing and builds cars for drag racing that were meant for turns.

Good shit dude.

Anticipated completion date?

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Yes. I like how you think. I swear everyone in WI is into drag racing and builds cars for drag racing that were meant for turns.

Good shit dude.

Anticipated completion date?

id say 2 weeks max, just waiting on my starter. other than that its bolting on the front end, driveshaft and diff. im getting excited, looking like a car again lol