Thread: JJ Hardy

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

JJ Hardy

So how much longer before I should dump him off of my fantasy team? The guy is sucking ass this year and it's killing me.

There are still a few decent SS left on the FA list....but I can't wait forever for this freaking guy.
    Heres whats left in FA:

Asdrubal Cabrera
    Edgar Renteria

Even Ben Zobrist is playing better ball.

Wait until Hardy starts hitting again. Everyone has there ups and downs. He was hitting good all pre season now hes got back problems or something.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    'Problems' is right....lol. He hasn't hit over .200 all season so far.

I'm playing fantasy baseball with a bunch of chicago fucks so non of them want any brewers so the only offensive players from the brewers I don't have are Hardy Hall and Kendall. I'd just drop him, I doubt anybody will pick him up so maybe just see if u can pick him up later

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Either of those two are stop-gap players while JJ is slumping but I think over time, Hardy will pull through and be the best option of the 3. If you wanted to pick one of them up while he's struggling that's one thing, but I'd clear a banch spot for JJ then because he could get hot in a moment's notice.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Hardy has been hard to watch this season. He is swinging at garbage. Braun had a surge last week but until then,he was swinging the bat the same! Not sure what is up with Hardy....wonder if they have been working with him off the field or anything?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Senior Member..now yer posting! Jsho13's Avatar
    He really hasn't been doing that awful. He is still putting wood on the bat, it just seems like it is always rifled at someone. It's only a matter of time until he starts shooting the gap.
    15' Sierra Denali 2500
    12' Yukon Denali XL
    12' Sierra Denali 2500 (Sold)
    07.5' Sierra Denali (Sold)
    04' Yukon Denali (Sold)

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    He's a streaky hitter to begin with. He's either on fire, or Jason Kendall.

Seems like he opened his stance up quite a bit this year too. He looks like a white Billy Hall.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Seems like he opened his stance up quite a bit this year too. He looks like a white Billy Hall.

10-4

He is waaaaayyy more open this year and his hands are waaaaay out over the plate.

Last year:

This year.. (hard to see but you can still definitely see the big difference with both hands and feet)

Its tempting to dump guys struggling but its still very early and almost all players are somewhat streaky....Hardy seems a bit more on the streaky side, surely he'll heat up. If someone in my league would dump him I'd snatch him up right away thats for sure .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    Its tempting to dump guys struggling but its still very early and almost all players are somewhat streaky....Hardy seems a bit more on the streaky side, surely he'll heat up. If someone in my league would dump him I'd snatch him up right away thats for sure .
    Yeah...I know.
    It just sucks have to use up a roster spot to temporarily place him on the bench. His BA alone is killing me.
    Two weeks ago I thought things would for sure be picking up for him by now. Turns out that's not the case.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    So I hope you didn't dump him. He's on fire!
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    So I hope you didn't dump him.
    Nope. Still got him on 2 of my teams.

I may have to drop Bronson Arroyo after those first 2 innings though