Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Car Help

Need Car Help

I posted this in the GM Forum before and get some suggestions, but I have been unable to solve the problem short of replacing my headers and opening up the valve cover and anything to serious. I checked the AIR check valve, put a new gasket on the EGR tube that connects to the header to no avail and am just completely dumbfounded.

Willing to pay someone to look at it seriously and if you can find the problem or know where it is and how it can be fixed I will pay you for that too(parts and labor). I can drive it to where you are (I am located in Watertown) seeing as how I am short for tools and a garage (I go to my uncle's to do stuff to it). I can drive it to you as well.

Whats weird is the car is safe to drive, no drop in oil pressure, no knocking, runs like that day I bought it. It seems to be worse once everything is warmed up which leaves me to believe it is something to do with the exhaust, what I don't know.

If you think you can help me please send me a PM or post something here. There is a video in my thread on the GM Forum and see if that helps you out. I want to get this done before I head to the Dells in 2 1/2 weeks. I can bring it up during the week or at your convenience.

Please for the love of God someone come to my rescue.

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    ok so whats the problem with the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    I posted on another site to see if they knew. Hope to have something for you tomorrow

I read your thread in the GM forum, you said you found the problem, it was the AIR valve leaking... so you fixed that and still have a problem?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
    There is a noise an am unsure what it is.

And thanks Greenbandit.

I read your thread in the GM forum, you said you found the problem, it was the AIR valve leaking... so you fixed that and still have a problem?
    Well after someone suggested it the next day I checked it and the noise wasnt there but I checked it just today and have been for the past 2 weeks and its there, definetly not the AIR valve.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    x2

none of the hoses/fittings near it are leaking?
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...amaroNoise.flv

Here is the noise.

Nightmare - I tried messing around with the tubes and fittings and just nothing, unless I somehow missed it, which I highly doubt. I have tripled checked every fitting around the AIR valve.

Possibly a collapsed lifter?

Did you do the screw drive to the ear test on the valve covers or any other part of the engine where the noise is suspected?

Like they say though, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteThunderZ28 View Post
    Possibly a collapsed lifter?

Did you do the screw drive to the ear test on the valve covers or any other part of the engine where the noise is suspected?

Like they say though, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    My uncle did one of those tests and he really didn't find anything abnormal.

i wonder if it could be a throwout bearing?
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

Where is the throwout bearing located?

in the clutch assembly
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

in the clutch assembly
    If the clutch isnt engaged and its in neutral when revved and it makes the noise, could that still be it?

its possible. we can check it out tomorrow.

if it makes the noise with the clutch disengaged, but doesnt make the noise with the pedal pressed down, chances are its the throwout bearing. I don't know of anything else that could sound like that. It honestly doesn't sound like a valvetrain noise. Usually valvetrian noises are more rhythmical and constant.
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    pulley rubbing---look for aluminum shavings or take off belt to see if noise goes away--turn pulleys by hand feeling for ruffness

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    pulley rubbing---look for aluminum shavings or take off belt to see if noise goes away--turn pulleys by hand feeling for ruffness
    Well initially my uncle and i took off the belt and it still made the noise, never tried free turning a pulley. added to the list of shit to try out i guess, haha.

he's stoppin by my place tomorrow, we'll go over all that. thanks for the suggestion, I didnt even think of a pulley.
    2008 Yamaha FZ6

I was coming back home from Mike's in Oak Creek and the noise got so horrible, more like a pounding. I safely got the car home and just parked it for the night and came out this morning and it sounded exactly the same as it did on the highway. So I quickly put my hand to feel around the header before it got to hot and a huuuge leak is coming from the header, so I need a new gasket.