Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Autozone on Northside?

OK so I totaly hate Autozone for more reasons than I can
    list at the moment but if you had to order a part thru an
    Autozone what location?

My closest (Im on 45/Capitol) is 63rd and Capitol, has
    to be the worst group of air heads in any WI Autostoned.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    I think you would be better off coming down to this area (Greenfield, Hales Corners, etc) the Autozones here are AWESOME.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Chick View Post
    the Autozones here are AWESOME.
    lol...uhm sure.
    1968 Camaro 383

In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    lol...uhm sure.

Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm there pretty often buying stuff, and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.

Irish
    Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm there pretty often buying stuff, and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.
    I go to the Hales Corners AZ more often then I am willing to admit. I would say that half the people know what's up and the other half have no fucking clue what inventory they have compounded by the fact they haven't got the foggiest idea how to look up the part they do or don't know if they carry...

I went in there about a month ago with DK, and asked for a harmonic balancer bolt. One of the "gray shirts" looked me dead in the face and said they didn't carry it. I walked over to the small block chevy aisle and found one. I took it to said "gray shirt" and said, "Here, you carry it." He then replies, "Huh!"

Autozone gray shirts

Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm pretty , and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.
    Fixed

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I go to the Hales Corners AZ more often then I am willing to admit. I would say that half the people know what's up and the other half have no fucking clue what inventory they have compounded by the fact they haven't got the foggiest idea how to look up the part they do or don't know if they carry...

I went in there about a month ago with DK, and asked for a harmonic balancer bolt. One of the "gray shirts" looked me dead in the face and said they didn't carry it. I walked over to the small block chevy aisle and found one. I took it to said "gray shirt" and said, "Here, you carry it." He then replies, "Huh!"

Autozone gray shirts
    I've done that countless times, it's usually followed by a thanks dumbass.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

i use the one in the falls when NAPA don't have what i need...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    napa all the way.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I've been to the one on 76th, but mainly because it's the closest.

377 N 76th St
    Milwaukee, WI 53223
    (414) 760-1809

Post whore
    Better than the advance in Menomonee falls, you have to wait 15 min to check out every time you go there. I hate those places with a passion, it really pisses me off when they put me on hold because they have to answer the phone and talk to the person for 5 min, wtf i'm standing right here!!!
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    it really pisses me off when they put me on hold because they have to answer the phone and talk to the person for 5 min, wtf i'm standing right here!!!
    Believe it or not counter sales people are trained to do that. Reason is your in the store already. The phone caller is a potential sale to be. Not that you are ant less important but you probably won't turn around and walk out empty handed.

You should at least be acknowledged by the guy at the counter.

I have had good luck with southside AZ's when doing road
    repairs for people, the Capitol store is the worst.

Knock sensors, need two and rarely is O'Reily more.

$57 each at Autozone (cheap mexican made).
    $115 each at O'Reilys (OE quality).
    $180 each at Napa (unknown brand but OE from Ford is
    under $150 so the point is moot).
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Here is the policy at corporate NAPA. Answer the phone on or by the 3rd ring. If a customer comes in the store acknowledge that person with in 30 seconds. If you are on the phone at least wave, nod or what ever you need to do to make eye contact with then.

Never point to an Isle to a customer. Get out from behind the counter and show them what is where. Always ask open ended questions and let the customer tell you what they think they need. Never say no to a customer or I can't get that until you have exhausted all your options. Weather its calling a tech line an outside buy from another vendor or if the customer is willing to wait there is always an option to UPS it in for them. Always say thank you. Remember the Customer is putting food on your table and cloths on your back.

Gas costs more than drugs..... team beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMPS SS View Post
    i use the one in the falls when NAPA don't have what i need...

i hate the people at the on in the falls, every time i go there its like i have to demand them not to be lazy.......I have much better experience at the on 76 and good hope
    I spend to much money on auto storage!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    I have had good luck with southside AZ's when doing road
    repairs for people, the Capitol store is the worst.

Knock sensors, need two and rarely is O'Reily more.

$57 each at Autozone (cheap mexican made).
    $115 each at O'Reilys (OE quality).
    $180 each at Napa (unknown brand but OE from Ford is
    under $150 so the point is moot).
    If you ask NAPA will try to do price matching or get close. We would rather do this than have you walk out the door empty handed.

Knock Sensors are either OE reboxed or made by Echlin Inc

Echlin Principal Subsidiaries

Ace Electric Company, Inc.; Automotive Controls Corp.; Automotive Brake Company Inc.; Blackstone Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Brake Parts, Inc.; BWD Automotive Corp.; Echlin International, V.I., Inc.; Echlin-Ponce, Inc.; The Echlin Sales Company; Pacer Industries, Inc.; Midland Brake, Inc.; Ristance Corp.; Sierra International Inc.; Tekonsha Engineering Company; Beck/Arnley Worldparts Corp.; BWD Automotive of Puerto Rico (70%); Distex Industries Inc.; EAP Automotive Products, Inc.; Echlin Argentina SA; Echlin Asset Funding Corp.; Echlin Australia (Pty.) Ltd.; Echlin Ltd. (Bermuda; 99%); Echlin Canada Inc.; Echlin Europe Ltd.; Echlin Holding Deutschland Gmbh (Germany); Frictiontech Inc.; Echlin Mexicana; Mr. Gasket, Inc.; Sprague Devices, Inc.; United Brake Systems Inc.; W.M. Holding Co., Inc.; Windsor Products Company, Inc.
    Last edited by Holeshot; 04-28-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Here is the policy at corporate NAPA. Answer the phone on or by the 3rd ring. If a customer comes in the store acknowledge that person with in 30 seconds. If you are on the phone at least wave, nod or what ever you need to do to make eye contact with then.

Never point to an Isle to a customer. Get out from behind the counter and show them what is where. Always ask open ended questions and let the customer tell you what they think they need. Never say no to a customer or I can't get that until you have exhausted all your options. Weather its calling a tech line an outside buy from another vendor or if the customer is willing to wait there is always an option to UPS it in for them. Always say thank you. Remember the Customer is putting food on your table and cloths on your back.
    you seriouslly copied and pasted that word for word from napatraining
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

No I didn't Copy paste. Its all from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post

Autozone gray shirts

haha I was a red shirt a few years back at the Hales Corners Zone, and I told one of the gray shirts there (who will remain nameless) that I was going to attempt my first port and polish job on some junk heads I had laying around the shop and his response was "Why, would you want to make junk heads shine all pretty?"

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    No I didn't Copy paste. Its all from memory.
    haha yes we live and breath that policy but its the reason people come back
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!