Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I have an 07 883 and I enjoy it. I've already ridden it 1000 miles in four days of riding this spring.

The nice thing about the 883 is that you can upgrade it to the 1200 for less than the price difference between the 883 and 1200. So if you ever catch yourself saying "why didn't I spend the extra $2,000 for the 1200," you can be assured that many dealerships will do the conversion for about $8-900.

Quick comment about forward controls: they can be a hassle if you are vertically challenged. Are you over 5'8"-9"?

Yes I am 6'0" and I am riding an 883 LOW so everything is a change for those of us not vertically challenged on the low. Plus a bike being fuel injected is just down right strange.....

There is only one thing that you need to watch out for on this bike: the nub for the kick stand spring.
    Large speed bumps are something you will need to keep an eye out for from now on. Oscars parking lot has a real killer in back.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Quote Originally Posted by GR8COM View Post
    Yes I am 6'0" and I am riding an 883 LOW so everything is a change for those of us not vertically challenged on the low. Plus a bike being fuel injected is just down right strange.....
    No more carb on the sportys? That's cool. Enjoy your new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by shoooo32 View Post
    No more carb on the sportys? That's cool. Enjoy your new ride!
    You can pull about 70 mpg from these things now.

Yeah its great I love riding it. Its going in this week for the forward controls and it should be more comfortable to ride. I need to get some kind of extension on the kick stand because I can never find it. LOL..

All I have to say is I was scheduled for my forward controls to be installed on Thursday this week so I dropped the bike off today around noon. I got a phone call at 4:30ish this evening that the bike was done. I am so excited and West Bend Harley has taken great care of me so far. Now just have to get my engine guards ordered. It is so much more comfortable to ride with the forward controls.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8COM View Post
    It is so much more comfortable to ride with the forward controls.
    For me it is the opposite: I have trouble reaching the forward controls. . .
    except when braking!

The brake is the only thing that is taking some getting used to. Thats the only thing of the forward controls that I am working on. LOL

I am happy I went out to Suburban HD in Thiensville today and ordered my Engine Guards. $168.92 after all the discounts today. So now just have to wait for them to come in so I can install them on my bike. Pictures of some of the new toys to come once they all get installed.

Whoo sounds good keep us updated. I've been on the search for a new bike since some things have come apon my gsxr needs some work i don't have the money for so i gata sell i may end up with a harley but most likey not well see where the deals at
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I'm beginning to plan my first Sportster adventure for 2009.

I'm thinking about going to Rolling Thunder in D.C. and then head down to Deal's Gap afterwards.

PICS with engine guards on now.

Here are the engine guards installed. chrome may have looked better but I like the black they are kind of hard to see.