Thread: Good tune up

Good tune up

Anyone know a good place for me to take my 83 Yamaha Virgo? The carb needs a good cleaning.

Burning up the miles, there's a full moon out tonight, I've got a high-heel Venus, doing twice the speed of light
    Crank it up through the gears, see what she can do, Women and cars, everything they say is true
    78 Vette, 05 T&C, 06 Trail Blazer, 83 Virago, 87 Intruder 1400

Quote Originally Posted by dsireme View Post
    Anyone know a good place for me to take my 83 Yamaha Virgo? The carb needs a good cleaning.
    I have a Virago too. I have a build thread in this section.

No idea where you can take it though. Maybe DIY???

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I have a Virago too. I have a build thread in this section.

No idea where you can take it though. Maybe DIY???
    DIY? Hmmmm I don't know. I can take a part a computer and put it back together but a carburetor? That's a little trickier. I might not have a choice though. No one wants to touch an 83.

Burning up the miles, there's a full moon out tonight, I've got a high-heel Venus, doing twice the speed of light
    Crank it up through the gears, see what she can do, Women and cars, everything they say is true
    78 Vette, 05 T&C, 06 Trail Blazer, 83 Virago, 87 Intruder 1400

Quote Originally Posted by dsireme View Post
    DIY? Hmmmm I don't know. I can take a part a computer and put it back together but a carburetor? That's a little trickier. I might not have a choice though. No one wants to touch an 83.
    Yeah mine is an 81. I'm just gonna do it myself. Plus I'm cheap and don't like paying for that kinda stuff. lol.

Here's a really go article about it.
    http://users.rcn.com/kochc/moto/carb/carb.html