Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Greg - All I heard was "You fvcked me!" from the guy that looked like wanted your head on a post down by the concession stand while we were waiting for a clean up.

What in the hell was that? His wife seemed to be on your side. Did he lose some cash or what?

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Greg - All I heard was "You fvcked me!" from the guy that looked like wanted your head on a post down by the concession stand while we were waiting for a clean up.

What in the hell was that? His wife seemed to be on your side. Did he lose some cash or what?
    No, he was not talking to me, he was yelling that at the other guy. I was in the middle, he wasn't saying that to me Ryan. It probably looked like it 'cuz I had him backed up by the tables. He wasn't mad at me, he was screaming at the guy who was behind me. His wife knows me, she wasn't mad at me, she knew I was trying to calm the other dude down.
    I take it you guys didn't see the actual fight. Coop asked me about this too. The thing by the concession had nothing to do with the racing, it was a fight that guy got into with another dude about money he said his dead boss was owed by the guy he was yelling at. The guy was drunk and obnoxious and refused to listen when asked to calm down. I stepped in-between them and that dude you saw yelling like that went apeshit and it got ugly. I ended up putting him on the ground after the punches started flying. I'm thinking you guys saw the begining of it, not the end. This went on for like 10 minutes.
    Now I understand what Mike was asking about in a PM- I thought he was asking about that race where the losers got really mad because I hit the switch as soon as the one dude got in the second bulb after a very excessive "burn down" while the other guy (who won) was on the trans brake for a long time waiting for them to quit playing games. It's supposed to be "street racing" so... I hit the button as soon as they got in the beams, but they weren't gonna hit anybody over that.
    Last edited by Greg@GLD; 04-25-2009 at 04:45 PM.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Ahhh - well good. I'm glad I was confused with what I saw then.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Ahhh - well good. I'm glad I was confused with what I saw then.

It was a lot of drama, that's for sure. I can see how it would look like he was yelling at me personally, but he wasn't. The whole incident had nothing to do with GLD, racing, or me personally.
    Too bad you missed the part with the "sleeper hold"

I kinda half expected to see a video of it or something online by now...

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    When somebody dies unexpectedly you don't get a whole lot of notice Mike. Myself and one other person who was not scheduled to work got there on a moments notice and we did the best we could. I think all in all the event went smoothly, save for a late start.
    I feel badly for Robby and his wife. That was a very unfortunate thing to have happen. He's a BCM member also...
    Yeah I understand that Greg,I'm not heartless. I'm just saying if there is a issue with others being not able to work a large scale event there should always be plenty of back up for such a large event. I still thought it went smooth tho from what I saw,but long tech lines suck.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    Yeah I understand that Greg,I'm not heartless. I'm just saying if there is a issue with others being not able to work a large scale event there should always be plenty of back up for such a large event. I still thought it went smooth tho from what I saw,but long tech lines suck.
    I understand, and you're right anyway. RSD is "Brian's Event" and in years past he had a whole crew of people that worked only RSD. It's early in the year. There's always bugs and glitches. Robbie's rock-solid reliable. He would have been there under different circumstances.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Yeah and of course that is completely understandable.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I'm sorry to hear about the death. I can appreciate things like this come up and in hind-sight, I am truly greatful that my loss was only 2 hours standing in the sunshine on a Friday.

Best wishes to Robbie and his family.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 1320PNY View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the death. I can appreciate things like this come up and in hind-sight, I am truly greatful that my loss was only 2 hours standing in the sunshine on a Friday.

Best wishes to Robbie and his family.
    You guys have the right to expect to get what you paid for and also get what's "advertised".

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
    You guys have the right to expect to get what you paid for and also get what's "advertised".

Hey Greg! I know you are also positive that these guys here totally understand and are sympathetic to why it happened.