Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed

Opinions needed

I'm most likely going to check out a 2001 Mustang GT tomorrow morning. Just talked to the guy and he mentioned that the motor has some lifter noise and has had nitrous run through it. He said it's a $200 adjusment that a speedshop near him can do. This car is one that definitely jumped out at me as far as looks, miles and mods. I just want to get another opinion on whether I should be worried about the lifter issue or if it is just an adjustment issue.

Here is a quick pic of the car:

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    I personally could not buy a car that has had nitrous run through it unless i knew that person.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    I personally could not buy a car that has had nitrous run through it unless i knew that person.
    I feel that way too, I may have to keep the search going. I'm torn, that is why I put this thread up.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by moels View Post
    I feel that way too, I may have to keep the search going. I'm torn, that is why I put this thread up.
    Car looks nice otherwise.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Get an LSX.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Car looks nice otherwise.
    That's why I'm torn, but I will see what's what when I go look at it tomorrow. I'm not doing anything in the morning anyway so I may as well go have a looksy.

Jackstand Racing Team twirkin50's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Get an LSX.
    Hes a ford guy. He had a camaro not to long ago.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

That's cool. So what else is done to the pictured stang?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    Moels mine ticked like crazy.......MODS tick. If its more than just a tick though I wouldn't get it.
    2001 Subaru Forester

Here is the list. Unless he didn't list something big, there must be a 200hp kit on this thing.

lots of upgrades 485hp. slp exhaust, sct power programmer, aem intake, bullet rims 17" in the front 18" in the rear, cosmetic upgrades include tinted windows, front lip,sport antenna and different badging.

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    More like a 300hp shot........LOL
    2001 Subaru Forester

first off, any GT that is a 96 and up wont have lifter noise as its a over head cam motor... My buddy just bought a 96 gt that had a knocking noise that almost sounded like a collapsed lifter would have, but we bought the thing knowing it would need a new motor, sure enough it had a busted rod....

Motors can be had cheap for thoes cars, we had one shipped from south dakota with a total price of $800, then a few odds and ends i think he was $1300 in repairs including the new low millage motor.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Here is the list. Unless he didn't list something big, there must be a 200hp kit on this thing.

lots of upgrades 485hp. slp exhaust, sct power programmer, aem intake, bullet rims 17" in the front 18" in the rear, cosmetic upgrades include tinted windows, front lip,sport antenna and different badging.
    I'm no expert man but unless you're getting a hell of a steal on it. I would stay far away from that thing. What's the mileage look like?

200shot = hell of a lot for a stock internal 4.6?

i'm usually iffy on buying modded cars, especially ones that run nitrious, because you have to wonder why they are selling it.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

I will bet $$ on it that the motor is shit..... IDK what kind of money he wants for this car but thats a ton of power for stock rods!
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

I will let you guys know what I find tomorrow. I'm going to look at a few cars and I may as well at least give this one a look. It's a sharp looking car with 57k miles on it. It warrants at least a look in my book.

Definately, I love the tan top on red.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Definately, I love the tan top on red.
    I agree! I really like how the car looks in general, but tomorrow I will see how it sounds. lol

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    first off, any GT that is a 96 and up wont have lifter noise as its a over head cam motor... My buddy just bought a 96 gt that had a knocking noise that almost sounded like a collapsed lifter would have, but we bought the thing knowing it would need a new motor, sure enough it had a busted rod....

Motors can be had cheap for thoes cars, we had one shipped from south dakota with a total price of $800, then a few odds and ends i think he was $1300 in repairs including the new low millage motor.
    they still have shimable lifters that are adjustable,but i cant say i have seen many that need it its usually some other issue

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605