'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    RACE CAR!!!!!

i run whatever the atmosphere gives me
    lol...its not a race car til I have some headwork and cams...lol. I do have meth/water injection now....this "neon" is gonna be sweet

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSSTuner View Post
    hell yea, I'm down. How much boost are you planning on running on ur s20g?
    That sucks that the cobalt bottom end is that weak, I put down 450whp without breakin a sweat on the stock nsrt engine...when you get yours done ill take a lane as well sometime in may or june???
    Just a ten second neon

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    lol...its not a race car til I have some headwork and cams...lol. I do have meth/water injection now....this "neon" is gonna be sweet
    eddies car is gonna be fun for sure
    Just a ten second neon

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by 1siksrt View Post
    That sucks that the cobalt bottom end is that weak, I put down 450whp without breakin a sweat on the stock nsrt engine...when you get yours done ill take a lane as well sometime in may or june???
    the cobalt bottom end is actually very impressive its just the pistons are the weakest part. that and bad tuners.

< My New Boost Gauge:D spindler27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    alot of his issues have to do with the person who first tuned the car i wont name any names.."cough street attack zach cough huge doucher cough"
    i've heard a lot of shit about this tool, not one thing was good either, im just praying that the number of srt's he's worked on doesn't increase any further, i have my site that draws just about all of them in, but 1 in particular has gone to him and i'm not very impressed with his work
    05 SRT-4: Under Construction

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by spindler27 View Post
    i've heard a lot of shit about this tool, not one thing was good either, im just praying that the number of srt's he's worked on doesn't increase any further, i have my site that draws just about all of them in, but 1 in particular has gone to him and i'm not very impressed with his work
    yeah he likes to blow up cobalt's. " 4 of them so far plus a possible redline" id advise anybody who has had a tune or work done by him to go in and get it looked at by a professional shop its only a matter of time before it blows
    Last edited by That_Guy; 04-25-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Long time no talk!

The bottom end is somewhat impressive. I'm getting the rods cryo treated for extra comfort, forged pistons, possible neutral balance shafts, but thats really it. I'm looking for a stock set of cams so I can send them out and get them re-ground to 272's and do valves and springs. Then I'll be happy

I guess I might just kick the boost up to 20 just because all these srt guys are intimidating me lol

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by spindler27 View Post
    Yep, zack is a tool. He's been running from me for a while now. Has been nowhere to be found. F***ed over alot of people.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Long time no talk!

The bottom end is somewhat impressive. I'm getting the rods cryo treated for extra comfort, forged pistons, possible neutral balance shafts, but thats really it. I'm looking for a stock set of cams so I can send them out and get them re-ground to 272's and do valves and springs. Then I'll be happy

I guess I might just kick the boost up to 20 just because all these srt guys are intimidating me lol
    lol...nothing like friendly competition

I'm all about competition. but for some reason, i'm not suprised that 3 srt4 guys find their way in my rebuild thread lol

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

BCM Cruiser
    I'm looking at 24-26psi....

good lord. joel is an srt4 god lol, and your turbo is pretty nice. what kinda numbers you lookin at?
    bewst. i haz it. yew needz it.

hoping to hit 400whp...I'll prolly end up just short due to me using the stock head. June 15 its getting dyno-tuned...we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    Here is one I made for something, typical downpipe:
    http://sites.google.com/site/miscmic...7/Home/007.jpg
    Research the angle online, this one works sweet.
    Most people I know use a slashcut. If you research that (isn't easy), you'll find you practically don't need a check valve. As the exhaust passes, it creates a vacuum as the air moves around it - not unlike a wing makes lift. Unless you have a very restrictive muffler or exhaust, you'll always get vacuum from it - increasing with exhaust flow. The tests I've seen show ~1-8 inHg at any given load/rpm.

BTW what sort of turbo is that? Looks rather unusual - a bit wasteful with aluminum I might add.

Post whore
    hoping to hit 400whp...I'll prolly end up just short due to me using the stock head. June 15 its getting dyno-tuned...we shall see
    if a certain srt4 i know can run 10's on a stock head @ high 130's pretty sure a stock head and cams wont hurt you that much
    Just a ten second neon

Post whore
    Long time no talk!

ok sounds good, i'll run my pump tune against you.. thats around 20psi..

AND ZACK IS A POS, and his work is god awful!!!!!!!!!
    Just a ten second neon

if a certain srt4 i know can run 10's on a stock head @ high 130's pretty sure a stock head and cams wont hurt you that much
    well...as far as the 20g is concerned....supposedly the head causes issues with power past 400...i know its got more in it...lol

turt mcgurt - zenki master TURTLE's Avatar
    well...as far as the 20g is concerned....supposedly the head causes issues with power past 400...i know its got more in it...lol
    race car!

lol

i'll be happy with stock srt power to the ground... 215-220'ish...
    -josh

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08
    '97 Neon Sport(track slut) - axles and brakes v2.0
    '98 Neon R/T sedan(DD) - "artie"
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
    Most people I know use a slashcut. If you research that (isn't easy), you'll find you practically don't need a check valve. As the exhaust passes, it creates a vacuum as the air moves around it - not unlike a wing makes lift. Unless you have a very restrictive muffler or exhaust, you'll always get vacuum from it - increasing with exhaust flow. The tests I've seen show ~1-8 inHg at any given load/rpm.

BTW what sort of turbo is that? Looks rather unusual - a bit wasteful with aluminum I might add.
    its a hahn s20g...

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

ok sounds good, i'll run my pump tune against you.. thats around 20psi..

AND ZACK IS A POS, and his work is god awful!!!!!!!!!
    do i get a head start? lol...

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!