John Madden to Retire

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ooth?GT1=39002

I wonder if this means Frank Caliendo has to retire too.

I take birdshit personally.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I hope they put Chris Collingsworth in the booth full time. He's one of the few that talks about the damn game with some insight and has strong opinions.

Madden has been a cartoon character for the last 10 years atleast.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Ol' School
    I agree with both of you. Tired of madden and also thought about frank losing that character too LOL

He's always got Barkley and the others

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

should make football much better to watch this year with out Madden
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

its about fucken time!!!!
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Did anyone vote? 73% say that they'll miss him. It appears there is no love for him here in Milwaukee though.

\/ What amazing looks like \/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRev SUPPORT View Post
    its about fucken time!!!!
    qft

he was horrible to listen to some games.

It is a sad day for football broadcasting......yes ladies and gentlemen, John madden, master of the obvious, is retireing.

Madden quote: "The team that has the better offence will put the most points on the board, and that is how you win football games
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I remember watching a game in which madden was describing how it was the center's job to snap the ball, I will miss the halarious stupidity that he spewed. The ESPN madden cock sucking that went on today was funny as hell, Pat Summeral(sp?) was telling a story about how madden sat on his head set and he tried getting it out out from under madden's fat ass but couldn't so the manager had to get him a new head set

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

"If the defense fails to hold the offense and they are allowed to run ten or more yards, thats a first down."
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

I understand what everyone is saying, but I think why he was popular, at least with Non-BCM crowds, was that he was simple. The NFL has been called the "No Fun League". And sometimes there is some truth to that. It can take itself too seriously. There is also some truth to the idea that football isn't always as complicated as it's made out to be. Sometimes it is just as simple as "snap the ball", "give the ball to the guy who's running" and "block the guys who try to tackle him".

I can't say John Madden was my favorite. And I do think I'll prefer Chris Collinsworth. But I did love my dairy-farmer grandpa who could tell a 3 minute story in an hour and a half.

I hope he has a good life.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Finally he retires

Quote Originally Posted by TraceDaddy View Post
    I understand what everyone is saying, but I think why he was popular, at least with Non-BCM crowds, was that he was simple. The NFL has been called the "No Fun League". And sometimes there is some truth to that. It can take itself too seriously. There is also some truth to the idea that football isn't always as complicated as it's made out to be. Sometimes it is just as simple as "snap the ball", "give the ball to the guy who's running" and "block the guys who try to tackle him".

I can't say John Madden was my favorite. And I do think I'll prefer Chris Collinsworth. But I did love my dairy-farmer grandpa who could tell a 3 minute story in an hour and a half.

I hope he has a good life.
    simple minded
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Madden made me laugh, and I like to laugh. So what if he was always explaining the obvious, ever think about how many people were drawn to football by his simple explanations rather than the X and O type of announcers? Geesh, the guy was an outstanding coach, a great announcer, brought millions to football through his style and his hugely popular video game, and to read it on here the guy was the Hitler of broadcasting football games. I will miss him and his style. I hope he has a great retirement and lives a long and happy life.