Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post whore
    That's what I thought. But idk what could be causing it. I have heard that mustang dynos and dynojets differ 7-10% maybe thats part of the reason, but I think it should be higher anyway. I was thinking I would put done 330-350 rwhp.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by URLOZIN View Post
    That's what I thought. But idk what could be causing it. I have heard that mustang dynos and dynojets differ 7-10% maybe thats part of the reason, but I think it should be higher anyway. I was thinking I would put done 330-350 rwhp.
    You definitely need to get it tuned. My car made more than yours with just a lid, cutout and a loose 3500 stall. What size cam is in it? You really need to pm Tom.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    and if you have that much rwhp, you should be trapping higher. GTOs are pigs, and they trap around 108mph stock with the 400hp LS2, and that'll dyno 340ish rwhp.

Honestly if I didn't know your mods, I'd just assume it's a lid/catback car to squeeze off a 12.90 with no issues on bald tires
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Envy View Post
    You definitely need to get it tuned. My car made more than yours with just a lid, cutout and a loose 3500 stall. What size cam is in it? You really need to pm Tom.
    When I bought it, the dealer just told me it had cai and exhaust. They didn't even know about the cam or headers, so unfortunately I don't have the specs. I tried contacting the previous owner, but the dealer wouldn't give me his name.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Dude, do what everyone else is saying...I took my car to wb dyno on wensday and sure shit I am leaving a lot on the table with out a tune....and my car is mostly stock......with a tune in your car it will be like a whole different animal
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    Any update? Those are some LOW numbers........

How do you know the cam isn't stock? LSA? Sure it's not just missing?

Who put that tune in there?

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    Any update? Those are some LOW numbers........

How do you know the cam isn't stock? LSA? Sure it's not just missing?

Who put that tune in there?
    I bought it the way it was, so I do not know who did the tune, or exactly what mods were added, other than the ones I can see and/or hear. I have no experience with cams at all. I have had a lot of people tell me they can definately hear it though. But you never know, that could explain the low numbers. hmmm.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    I bought it the way it was, so I do not know who did the tune, or exactly what mods were added, other than the ones I can see and/or hear. I have no experience with cams at all. I have had a lot of people tell me they can definately hear it though. But you never know, that could explain the low numbers. hmmm.
    If you bought it at a dealership, they probably scanned it and put the factory tune back in it.

Post whore
    I didn't buy it at a dealership. I bought it at a used car lot in Il. They were a little shady. I'll never buy from them again.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Mild cam, headers, CAI, & exhaust = 275RWHP? I mean you cracked off a good 1/4 time. But I would still be pretty worried. SSmike1s stock 2000 Camaro SS dynoed 311RWHP I think?

What was your 60ft and mph on that run?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE1108 View Post
    If you bought it at a dealership, they probably scanned it and put the factory tune back in it.
    YIKES! Hell my 02 w/ only headers could have ran better with a tune. I couldn't imagine driving an auto w/ headers & cam with a stock tune.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Mild cam, headers, CAI, & exhaust = 275RWHP? I mean you cracked off a good 1/4 time. But I would still be pretty worried. SSmike1s stock 2000 Camaro SS dynoed 311RWHP I think?

What was your 60ft and mph on that run?

Yeah, i know. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I was thinking iit would put down 330-350 rwhp. I'm going to have tom do his magic when I get some extra cash.
    Here's the details on my run
    1/4 mi. time 12.918 @ 107.01
    60' 1.935
    1/8 8.338 @ 85.70 mph.
    1000' 10.813
    This was all done on bad tires.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Last edited by 67-400; 05-10-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Is that a dynojet they have there? Yeah you should have closer to 375 with a cam/boltons.
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by letsrunem View Post
    Is that a dynojet they have there? Yeah you should have closer to 375 with a cam/boltons.
    No they have a mustang dyno.
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Im almost betting it has no aftermarket cam in it.. I'd have to hear it idle. I can tell right away if its anything less of LSA than a stock cam. I cant see the tune being so far off that its down 100 hp on something N/A with stock compression, even through an auto. Unless of course its there is a shoe under the gas pedal.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

seems low to me?!?!?

good times at the track though.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Im almost betting it has no aftermarket cam in it.. I'd have to hear it idle. I can tell right away if its anything less of LSA than a stock cam. I cant see the tune being so far off that its down 100 hp on something N/A with stock compression, even through an auto. Unless of course its there is a shoe under the gas pedal.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I don't know anything about cams. This is my first performance car, and I'm still learning alot. I just went with what everyone was telling me. Are you going to be at the Westbend dyno days?
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't know anything about cams. This is my first performance car, and I'm still learning alot. I just went with what everyone was telling me. Are you going to be at the Westbend dyno days?
    Yup ill be there!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I would think you need a lot more power than 275/259 to be running a 12.91. Especially with bald tires.
    2001 Camaro Z28