Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can appreciate that!
    Broken motor w/ no money to fix= lawn ornament
    "Never underestimate old guys"

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    I can appreciate that!
    Broken motor w/ no money to fix= lawn ornament
    Exactly. Wife said no more money goes towards the car. She cut me off. I dont blame her either.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    Exactly. Wife said no more money goes towards the car. She cut me off. I dont blame her either.
    You know what Joe, I haven't seen your car in a while and after looking at it again, on the dyno, I have to say that the car looks pretty damn good with the wheels that you have on it. I know you said you were looking to change but, I think you should leave it just like it is.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    You know what Joe, I haven't seen your car in a while and after looking at it again, on the dyno, I have to say that the car looks pretty damn good with the wheels that you have on it. I know you said you were looking to change but, I think you should leave it just like it is.
    yeah the wheels have grown on me
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Updated Graph from WBD. Brad figured out what the problem was.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...joelenartz.jpg
    Last edited by Josepy; 06-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

The issue was where the starting points of HP and TQ for data collection were at two diff ranges so thats why the graphs didnt overlay at 5250. The final HP /tq #s were UNAFFECTED though regardless of the vehicle. So what it puts down is what it really makes.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Worked on a new member's 06 Brazen Orange GTO that has a new maggie TVS blower and long tubes that makes about 6 psi. Didnt get to make a real base line as the magnacharger tune in the car was helping create 5+ degrees of knock and i aborted about 4500 RPM. It made 472 then which i knew then it should crest 500. So i went to work and optimized timing and fixed the kinda fat AFR by 2% and spun her up the whole way this time to 6200 with the knock issue fixed and the AFR just a touch fat yet. It rang out 517 and 480 torque that go around. Went back and added one more degree of timing and 1% less fuel. I said this should put it around 530! So i spun it up again and much to my suprise it layed down 533and 490 tq, Through an AUTOMATIC!

I didnt grab a graph to post, im hoping the owner will step in and post it up shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Worked on a new member's 06 Brazen Orange GTO that has a new maggie TVS blower and long tubes that makes about 6 psi. Didnt get to make a real base line as the magnacharger tune in the car was helping create 5+ degrees of knock and i aborted about 4500 RPM. It made 472 then which i knew then it should crest 500. So i went to work and optimized timing and fixed the kinda fat AFR by 2% and spun her up the whole way this time to 6200 with the knock issue fixed and the AFR just a touch fat yet. It rang out 517 and 480 torque that go around. Went back and added one more degree of timing and 1% less fuel. I said this should put it around 530! So i spun it up again and much to my suprise it layed down 533and 490 tq, Through an AUTOMATIC!

I didnt grab a graph to post, im hoping the owner will step in and post it up shortly.

Nice number's! Where was the maggie installed?

what da phuck Tom!?

Thanks again Tom! The car ran beautiful all the way back! Ran it on the highway and around town and the response now is amazing! Night and day difference!

Thanks again to you and the guys at West Bend Dyno Tuning! They are awesome people to work with!

A little about the car:
    2006 GTO, auto with stock internals. I installed Kooks Headers, Kooks catted mids, Magnaflow catback and a Magnuson TVS 1900 in my garage.

Here is the dyno graph:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to BCM and nice numbers. Where do you live by the way?

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    What color is the goat? Wasn't one of the ones at the show? I know there was a blue, orange, and black one there. Along with mine and Dans?

The orange one was a ladies from IL. The black one with nitrous is my brothers. Not sure who's was the blue one.

Lol i mentioned the color in thefirst sentence. Its Brazen Orange.

Jebus is was still climbing, should have taken it closer to 6500 RPM i guess!
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 06-03-2009 at 06:52 AM.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    I finally got the camaro put back together after having it sitting on jackstands since Oct. ’07.
    I swapped out the h/c combo that was in there and installed a different combo that was meant to give more power under the curve. With the previous h/c combo, the car made 436/392 on a dynojet back in ‘04/’05. I’ll post that dyno graph later when I get home to compare.
    Besides the h/c, the difference from now was it had true duals dumped before the axle (loud!), and the stock 10 bolt rear w/3.42’s.
    I started installing the new h/c in the car, and knew that I would have to flycut the stock pistons in order to get the proper PTV clearance with the new setup. I bought a set of in head piston cutters, took my measurements, did the math, and started cutting. Well, little did I know, my math was off and I notched them too deep! I was more than half way through the thickness of the piston tops......... and yes, that’s bad!

So out came the engine, and I took it to Tom for the rebuild with new bearings, pistons (w/valve reliefs!), rod bolts, etc.... Still the stock 346ci block, though.
    I dropped the engine back in, had some minor running issues, fixed those, had Tom throw in a temporary tune so it was drivable enough to put some break in miles on it (I ended up only putting on about 20 miles, LOL!) and then I took it to WBD to get dialed in.
    Since the last dyno in ‘04/’05, I have since added a 9” rear w/4.11’s, a hooker exhaust system, 2 catalytic converters, billet steel flywheel, and a 3.5” driveshaft, among other small things (things that wouldn’t affect dyno numbers)....

So after having Tom tune the new setup at WBD, the final numbers were 456/396. The curves are totally different from the last setup. Look how flat that torque curve is! Not bad considering the added heavy driveline, cats, stock TB, stock ’01 intake, and in yesterdays heat inside the closed dyno garage. Don’t forget that the first combo was on a dynojet, too. Overall a pretty good gain.
    Tom did a great job with the build, AND the tune. It’s much more streetable than the last setup, which is mostly due to the tune.

I’m not one to post anything, if at all, about my car or how it performs.... not because I want to keep it secret or anything, but because it just isn’t worth bragging about when there’s people with 1200+whp cars running around, .... but I wanted to post about it to show my appreciation for Tom’s help and his ability to do what he does.

Now I just have to spend a couple weeks detailing the bitch to get 2 years worth of dust and grime off of it.

I have video of the pulls, but it’s nothing special. I’ll upload one later tonight, along with the old dynojet dyno graph.

Brian
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Awesome Brian. Cant wait to see that car on the streets again.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Glad to help! The 95 degree shop air didnt help power production AT ALL!

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing that car also

Finally had an chance to finish dialing in Yoo's car so i got all the part throttle ironed out ahead of time and then took it out to the dyno and dialed in the WOT which was plenty rich! Ended up at 384.6 and 355 torque all while the shop was 102 degrees and the IAT was 108. So the car would easily make 400+ to the wheels in cooler temps, this is with a stock LS1 intake and a pretty mild cam. This graph says otherwise, but the power did level off right at 6200 on other pulls.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 06-25-2009 at 08:28 AM.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Good numbers gotta love that powerband.

As for the temp thing, aren't the numbers already corrected for the temp/humidity/etc? Is the correction factor that far off?