Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Its is corrected for the current conditions, but it will naturally make power with cooler, more oxygen rich air availible to it.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Its is corrected for the current conditions, but it will naturally make power with cooler, more oxygen rich air availible to it.
    Right... The car on the street will feel, and truly be, faster because it is breathing denser air. However the numbers on the dyno shouldn't change much... because the correction factor is higher right now than it will be if you dyno it on a cold day.

That's supposed to be the point of the correction factor. The final numbers will be similar no matter what the weather.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 06-25-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Right... The car on the street will feel, and truly be, faster because it is breathing denser air. However the numbers on the dyno shouldn't change much... because the correction factor is higher right now than it will be if you dyno it on a cold day.

That's supposed to be the point of the correction factor. The final numbers will be similar no matter what the weather.
    I guess in my mind i struggle to understand how you would not see a noticeable gain in colder temps and less correction factor intervention. im not totally certain but it must base its calculaction of a set of pre determined figures like 72 degrees and 50% humidty yada yada. I will ask the question to find out what is the correction factor based from.

I guess it would be worthwhile doing a study on it sometime using the same vehicle only in different physical conditions. The only thing i have that kinda supports my theory is the 06 vette i tuned to make 460, came back on a hotter day but had 2 20lb bags of ice sitting on the engine for 2 hours prior to the pull and ECT was about 140 when the pull was made and the car belted out 475hp. Nothing changed about the car from the first to the 2nd time.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 06-25-2009 at 10:57 AM.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Hmm... Looks like I'm just a tad closer to the 400 rwtq mark. The video showed the best pull was 456.8 rwhp and 399.4 rwtq.... not 396.

Here's the video of that pull I said I'd post up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osH4lZGrOMA
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Did another Mustang tonight, an 06 GT with a whipple blower on it pullied for around 8 psi that has all the bolt on's otherwise and 100% stock internals. It has a predator tune in it that was coming back with a 13.0 AFR at WOT. Went through all the motions and got it to 505 hp and 497 tq with an 11.7 afr. Pretty impressive actually for one these tiny motors and a bolt on blower. There was probably more power left in it but obviously the stock internals were probably more than pissed about belting these kinda numbers out.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Did another Mustang tonight, an 06 GT with a whipple blower on it pullied for around 8 psi that has all the bolt on's otherwise and 100% stock internals. It has a predator tune in it that was coming back with a 13.0 AFR at WOT. Went through all the motions and got it to 505 hp and 497 tq with an 11.7 afr. Pretty impressive actually for one these tiny motors and a bolt on blower. There was probably more power left in it but obviously the stock internals were probably more than pissed about belting these kinda numbers out.
    Nice numbers Pretty soon you will be a Mustang guy
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 07-03-2009 at 11:02 AM.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Envy View Post
    Nice numbers Pretty soon you will be a Mustang guy
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH, Josh!!
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Yeah there would be a zero to never chance on that, just figuring out how to work on them is all.

Tom you can post up the numbers you got out of my turd if you want.
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

BCM Cruiser
    Hope having an import in this thread is ok...hehe...
    03 Nissan 350z...fully forged...greddy tt kit (18g's)
    High boost(18-19psi) it made 615/640tq
    Tuned with a HKS FCON on a Dyno Dynamics by Forged Performance in atlanta.
    Dyno Graph
    http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...o.jpg&newest=1

Vid of it on the dyno
    http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...afilter=videos
    03 Nissan 350z BUILT Greddy TT
    11.2 @ 128..... slow 2.0 60ft .....
    05 Titan DD