Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In your face, Space Coyote.... Voodoo Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320PNY View Post
    I vote Yellow.

X's 2...the yellow one is beautiful.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Andy - The current yellow one has chrome wheels - Correct.

The original yellow one had silver. Maybe they just put chrome wheels on it and took off the silver? Not sure. WHen I spoke with Bob he told me this was a trade inon a black 3LZ 2008, not a ZR-1

A few things to note when looking at the 2006 model year Z06 (I have had two of them):

- The '06 C6 Z06 had problems with roof tops delaminating, then flying off and Half Shafts being broken (they strengthened the Diff output shaft but this only transfered the problem outboard) and some cracked Diff cases.

- A limited # of '06 C6 Z06's have had rocker needle bearing failures (presumably lot # related)

- The brakes & rotors of the C6 Z06 were upgraded but are basically unsuited for track work and are hard to up grade for track work. due to the padlet thickness limitations and backwards rotors on the right side. This has been fixed by WIlwood, Stoptech. But it can get a little expensive.

- The transmission was updated on late production '07 and '08 C6 Z06's

I hope that this helps.

JG853

Quote Originally Posted by Andy6789 View Post
    The current yellow one they have for sale has chrome wheels, not silver.

The current one there was traded in two weeks ago as a pre trade for a ZR1, my friend was looking to trade his own GTO in for this car but decided to get a new Trailblazer SS and keep the extra 20k for a house down payment.
    Last edited by JMG853; 04-06-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Updated C6Z Information

It does help a lot. I guess Ill wait for a nice 07 in my price range.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Holeshot -

There are plenty of them out there. My friend just got a 2007 8,900 mile LMB for $50K. It is not bad. I think if you did go with a 2006 you will be ok, just need to make sure that the car was not beaten on.

Just trying to keep you informed of the differences in model years.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    It does help a lot. I guess Ill wait for a nice 07 in my price range.

The yellow one WAS BEATEN. VIS report shows diff work and 2nd gear replacement, as well as tire replacement. If this is the car I'm thinking of, the car got picked up on a saturday, then ONE WEEK later I saw it going down the strip at GLD. However, it did go 11.7@125.
    GM World Class Certified Technician

That yellow one is still at holz as of monday anyway when i was enroute to drop my TBSS off at the body shop...

Neat cars! Did i ever metnion how much of an absolute treat it is to do exhaust on C6's? Easiest of any LSX vehicle i work on! Do'er in blue though! you dont see LeMans blue ever
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Blue!
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JMG853 View Post
    Holeshot -

If blue is what you wnat, just check a pay site for individuals advertising their LeMans Blue Z06's for sale - There are plenty of them out there with one owner cars and all the history you want aboiut the car.

Joel G
    Pretty sure he wants to trade in/buy through a dealership so he can get the 22k trade in and financing/incentives.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

very nice choice with the vette. the new c6 zo6's are amazing. you wont be disappointed. my family is huge into corvettes. between me and my two uncles we have 7 total. both uncles are looking to get into another one soon. my one uncle is on a waiting list for a zr1 and the other one wants a c6. definately go with the blue.
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)

yeah go with the blue
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Keep the GTO!

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

Dan - you sure you want to do that? Vette owners are doushbags. :p
    --
    Jon