Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    That thread is from 9 months ago. I was happy with it when I picked it up and when I made that thread. I bought some parts and he ordered others and not sure how that is relevant unless you are being factitious and know more then you are letting on. That is all.
    just wondering,all I knew is your truck was there and he said you had done homework and got alot of your own stuff. You still haven't answered the question. To be totally happy then and not at all now seems odd. And then to not give any info in the not at all part is more odd. thats all. not that its my business. its between you and him. Hopefully you've addressed the issues with him. I'm sure you paid a good penny for the work and to be not at all happy I would have complained right away and got it fixed.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    He can have his opinion,unlike you I won't complain about it. Not sure what my Job has to do with this? But I'm the Asst. Service Manager.
    Care to enlighten us on what you do for a living I'd be interested.
    I was a parts manager at a polaris dealership up until a change of ownership left me without a job last september, I Then Took a welding/ fab job in waukesha which looked promising until the last string of layoff left me without work once again, in the mean time i do side jobs and am a student.

Really? wasn't you truck done there? If not Its ok you have your opinion,unlike cutlass I won't cry about it,It doesn't really matter when he has hundreds of happy customers. Can the awesome Forrest say the same?
    right now sounds like he has one so far,its a start i guess.
    I like how you turned a simple question from a fellow forum member into a forrest bashing session/ Marve nut swining contest, You remind me of tony from WBD at this point. We have gone over this 100+ times, marve would of had my business if he could have returned my 3 messages in less then a month, hell FORREST HIMSELF even reccomend that i go to marve as he did not think he could have the car tuned by our deadline, but in the end, forrest was able to before marve. And on top of that, the car ran great and was trapping high 104s.

really? cuz you sure have,you need to reread your stuff. If your not bashing him I guess I don't get it cuz it sure seems like and appears like you are. Saying his tune blew up your friends car with no proof seems to be bashing to me. get proof and take the car back and make him fix it.

No proof.... the car needed to get towed from the on ramp to his house in germantown. I didnt get all the details since this was 2 years ago and i had no intrest at the time. for all i know the guy ran 85 octane fuel in it and thats why it came apart.... Thats why i didnt hold that agaisnt him when i attempted to contact marve to have the 98 tuned. What i did hold agaisnt him was his lengthy response time, I understand he may be busy but 3 weeks is excessive.....
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

well all i can say is for not holding it against him you sure have in your posts,now your back peddling on what you said. it is what it is if you dont like to deal with him, sorry.so you have no automotive backround except for side jobbing and you going to to talk bad about someone with huge amount of time in the ford field and and extremely good name with many happy customers.hmmm well ok.
    Last edited by Reverend Cooper; 04-10-2009 at 09:19 PM.

well all i can say is for not holding it against him you sure have in your posts,now your back peddling on what you said. it is what it is if you dont like to deal with him, sorry.so you have no automotive backround except for side jobbing and you going to to talk bad about someone with huge amount of time in the ford field and and extremely good name with many happy customers.hmmm well ok.
    besides shop classes in HS and two years at rocket racing, then you are rite on the no automotive experiance i guess. I mean everyone that has stepped to the plate and liked my work must of just gotten lucky..... Hell, even my own car thats trapping high 106 MPH on a stock head,piston,cam,bottom end with almost 200K miles on it and sitll got me to and from work for 2 years until 2nd gear finally failed was all luck..... Even my tune with a 200 shot of spray on my daily driver for over a season must have all been luck. and how do you figure i am back pedeling, in another post i simpaly stated that i can do much of the same work that marve would do for less, I never once said he was a bad tuner, and there are even plans to take a few of our cars to him for tuning....... I fail to see the issue here other then the fact that your upset that im not swining from the same sack as you.

How about you.... lets hear about your automotive accomplishments.... I really am curious to know about a service manager who pays to have someone else build their car.....
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

anyone that knows me knows I built a blown 331 stroker 94GT from the rear end forward,Clint at C&S had the short block machined and built for me,I did the rest. it trapped 119 and went 11.8 on dr's.
    I have done all the suspension work on new car,all the audio work,with help from Ryan. the only things I have not done were the engine and blower mods. I don't have the time nor want to do it myself I have the luxury of being able to afford it myself.
    As far as my qualifications,I was a light wheeled vehicle and trac vehicle technician in the military for 8 years,then moved into civilian shops where I wrenched for four more years and then moved into the management side. I am ase certified and have 15 years in at the shop I'm at. my home garage is a basic side shop I probably have more equiptment than most techs in the field and I know quite well how to use them.
    my first car I built was a 82 firebird,swapped a carbed lt1 motor and th350 into it cam,heads and intake and tuned myself it was a 4cyl stick car.
    amongst many others. So go ahead and let yourself think I have no clue what to do on cars people that know me and have had me work on their cars know diff. I just dont run around bragging about it on here like you, I don't have to my work speaks for its self

And yeah you said that Marv blew up you buddies car with his tune,then you said you didnt get specifics and dont know what happened. if thats the case why say its the tune if you don't have a clue what happened? further more that sounds exactly like the same story Breecher was telling Forrest, something he heard about and had no specifics other than he thought a rod broke. Rods dont break from a tune even Forrest said that. Someone needs to get you all together to figure out the real story cuz no one seems to have clue what happened and why.
    If I have a car tuned up at my work and the motor blows up later that week,month or year because the car hasn't been maintained or cared for properly over the last few years I suppose that would be my fault to right? not so much.
    Last edited by Reverend Cooper; 04-11-2009 at 05:41 AM.

First off, here is the direct quote about the 04' gt on the first page

"But I also recall a certiain 04' GT that was stock with marves tune, and marve installed componets"

Did i directly blame the tune. NO.

I dont run around bragging about my accomplishments, You asked on the other thread about my credentials..... And You obviously have more experiance then me, im 22, im guessing your middle aged just based on the years spent in the military and private shops..... That is no doubt worth something, but to judge my quality of work based solely on the fact that i havent gone to school or spent years in a dealership is bullshit. I do this strictly as a side job, I pick and choose my jobs. Honestly, if i did this everyday for a living i would hate it and never want to work on cars again. But lets talk about you, since you have 23 + Documented years of legitimate automotive work, why dont you explain to me why the hell a car trapping in the high 119 MPH rang is only ripping off a 12.01? I mean you said you did all your own suspension work on it didnt you?
    Last edited by 70 cutlass 442; 04-11-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Yes,I made the car to handle twisties,not drag racing.I will not give up excellent handling for daily driving on the streets (which is a majority of the driving the car see's) for a sloppy,boaty straight line only performer which the car rarely see's. That was also last year its gone faster.It would go much faster if I removed the stage two suspension and put in drag suspension and a bag with slicks. The car does what it does in street trim,on DR'S and road course suspsension. Simply put its doing what I planned for it to do,I'd say it kicks ass for that setup. Anymore dumb questions?
    I don't recall saying you don't know shit or are less qualified than I,you asked, I answered simply.

Yes,I made the car to handle twisties,not drag racing.I will not give up excellent handling for daily driving on the streets (which is a majority of the driving the car see's) for a sloppy,boaty straight line only performer which the car rarely see's. That was also last year its gone faster.It would go much faster if I removed the stage two suspension and put in drag suspension and a bag with slicks. The car does what it does in street trim,on DR'S and road course suspsension. Simply put its doing what I planned for it to do,I'd say it kicks ass for that setup. Anymore dumb questions?
    I don't recall saying you don't know shit or are less qualified than I,you asked, I answered simply.
    That is a decent enough answer, lets just agree to disagree. I will tell you that marve can tune mustangs no doubt, and he will have some of my business in the near future... I like your car so i cant even rag on that, even though you dont do your own work its ok, even if i had the $$ i would do my own work just to say i did it.... I just dont appriciate you giving shit to a guy who i built a car on just based on the tune that is in it. I feel that you attacked him based solely on who tuned that car which happned to be no where near the problem. I do realize that forrest doesnt necessaily have the best of rep here, but he did a great job on this car...... Anything else should be setteled on PMs as this is getting old fast- Jon
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

So IAC im thinkin is the problem with it dying

Did someone put a new TB on it and not take out the IAC port plug in this one too lol?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    That is a decent enough answer, lets just agree to disagree. I will tell you that marve can tune mustangs no doubt, and he will have some of my business in the near future... I like your car so i cant even rag on that, even though you dont do your own work its ok, even if i had the $$ i would do my own work just to say i did it.... I just dont appriciate you giving shit to a guy who i built a car on just based on the tune that is in it. I feel that you attacked him based solely on who tuned that car which happned to be no where near the problem. I do realize that forrest doesnt necessaily have the best of rep here, but he did a great job on this car...... Anything else should be setteled on PMs as this is getting old fast- Jon
    Forrest touched another car...oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Did someone put a new TB on it and not take out the IAC port plug in this one too lol?
    Lol, no, the line going from the charge pipe to the intake plentium is at to sharp of an angle and is restricted i think... Its odd though, i have put several hundred miles on this car and never had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Forrest touched another car...oh dear.
    last year he tuned it..... back when he still had the dyno
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Post whore
    Damn! With all the back and forth comments I forgot what the hell this thread was supposed to be about. Was someone asking for help with an issue on his car or was he asking for a drama battle?
    Just amazing!

i just was lookin for a little help and other peoples ideas, i really didnt give a fuck who was a better tuner.

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin281 View Post
    i just was lookin for a little help and other peoples ideas, i really didnt give a fuck who was a better tuner.
    You should.

ahh who cares Irish,it's not our car.

Ok listen up ya cock, im not saying that i dont care if my car blow up, im saying that forest has been reliable to me so i dont need to know all bout marve. Im sure hes a smart guy but i dont need this guy to tune my car.

Coop. Your scheer ignorance and stupidity has done a great job at shitting up yet another thread. You did nothing to help a fellow bcmer out. Instead you pointed fingers before you had any valid information to support your theroy. Perhaps you can check with brad at WBD to see if he could use another useless spokesperson like tony, your cock sucking attitude would be great! I fail to see how a simple question from a newer member turned into complete shit because of you.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin281 View Post
    Ok listen up ya cock...
    Hey cockface, did you get that?

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    :