Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Need a little help

So i brought my car out of storage last week and really strange things have been happening. 1st when i bring the car to a stop the rpms bounce around and sometimes they get so low the car dies. 2nd when getting on it trying to catch an Evo the hose that conects from the intake to the heater core ripped, so i replaced it and then today i brought the car in to boost and the fitting that the hose is on blew completely off the intake. Any ideas on whats causing these problems?

what kind of car?

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    aren't you the one that has the buddy that does all the side jobs. cutlass 442 or whatever?

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I thought a BCM'er said "screamin 281 has a forrest tuned Terminator".

Screamin the heater hose is blowing off ? Hope the engine is not boosting/compressing into the water jacket.

1998 Mustang GT. Yes Cutlass 442 helps me out alot, and yea forest tuned my car. Some people have told me that my heater core is plugged, but the heat works so i figured that wasnt the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsors 03 Cobra View Post
    I thought a BCM'er said "screamin 281 has a forrest tuned Terminator".

Screamin the heater hose is blowing off ? Hope the engine is not boosting/compressing into the water jacket.

haha, he wishes he had a terminator!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    aren't you the one that has the buddy that does all the side jobs. cutlass 442 or whatever?
    Im already on it, will be doing a leak down this evening, chances are the HG is ok, but since the non PI intakes have a tendency of cracking, he may be pressureizing the cooling system that way, if so then that is a good excuse to upgrade to the new intake
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

hope your lucky,cuz more than likely its a tuning issue and a headgasket failure knowing Forrest

dont be a dick! forest is a good guy and has never let me down

hope your lucky,cuz more than likely its a tuning issue and a headgasket failure knowing Forrest
    knowing modular motors its more then likely the intake, but if it is the HG and needs a new tune, it will be going to marve most likely seeing as he has a dyno...... But we have already agreed on the marve being a good tuner so there is no arguement there. But i can see coolant leaking around the front cross over tube so we just ordered the PI style intake
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin281 View Post
    youll update us then if you find it to be a tuning issue causing failure right? and yeah I will be a dick if I want too.

youll update us then if you find it to be a tuning issue causing failure right? and yeah I will be a dick if I want too.
    if its a tuning issue i will let you guys know and coop, I like your car,you can be ok at times, but if this was marve on trial you wouldnt dare hit the reply botton, in the mean time i will look into this and change out intakes tommrow.... if anything else comes up i will keep you all posted.
    Last edited by 70 cutlass 442; 04-02-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

UPDATE:

New PI intake installed, New plugs installed. Runs good now and not having issue wtih blowing hose off. Compression check out at 150psi per cyl..... with the new intake would like to see a new tune on it, plugs look slightly whiter then with old tune, probably woundlt hurt to have the fuel tables played with. throttle response is much better as well. thanks for all the input, we will see what this does at the track now with the new engine mods and bullet proof rear end.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    if its a tuning issue i will let you guys know and coop, I like your car,you can be ok at times, but if this was marve on trial you wouldnt dare hit the reply botton, in the mean time i will look into this and change out intakes tommrow.... if anything else comes up i will keep you all posted.
    I guess I don't understand,who is on trial? Forrest was already convicted I was just trying to see if there was another count to add to the charge list. And yeah I would reply if it was a issue with Marv,I have before.

I'm keeping score as well. I won't necessarily "be a dick" and jump to conclusions based on the person, but ultimately if it was C&M doing something I would immediately wonder what the customer did to the car.

I know when my car left C&M it was better than I brought it there, which was stock. If a guy can take a stock car and tighten up the tolerances and make it run smoother, then I assume he can fix a broken part as well.

My Stang runs Marvelous.

Main Entry:
    mar·vel·ousVariant(s): or mar·vel·lous \ˈmärv-(ə-)ləs\ Function: adjective Date: 21st century 1 : causing wonder : astonishing 2 : miraculous , supernatural <Joyous tales of marvelous and bizarre road happenings> 3 : of the highest kind or quality : notably superior <has a marvelous way with performance>
    — mar·vel·ous·ly adverb
    — mar·vel·ous·ness noun

I guess I don't understand,who is on trial? Forrest was already convicted I was just trying to see if there was another count to add to the charge list. And yeah I would reply if it was a issue with Marv,I have before.

So if there was a customer on here that had marve do a tune for and the car had issues, would you immidatly hop on here and say "must have been marve" i think not. regardless, it is fixed and SCT will be ordered shortly, remember, i have nothing against marve and the car almost had a marve tune in it origionaly....

Quote Originally Posted by 1320PNY View Post
    I'm keeping score as well. I won't necessarily "be a dick" and jump to conclusions based on the person, but ultimately if it was C&M doing something I would immediately wonder what the customer did to the car.

I know when my car left C&M it was better than I brought it there, which was stock. If a guy can take a stock car and tighten up the tolerances and make it run smoother, then I assume he can fix a broken part as well.

My Stang runs Marvelous.
    Thats my point, Obviously the title is "need some help" And of course, after offering little to no help, he still proceded to bash forrest. Now I dont woreshop the ground forest walks on but i will tell you that before the new updates were just done, the car ran pretty much flawless, was MPH in the high 104s on 5PSI. the car stalling at idle appears to be a slight kink in the IAC to Charge pipe hose. straighnted that and seems to work well.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    So if there was a customer on here that had marve do a tune for and the car had issues, would you immidatly hop on here and say "must have been marve" i think not..

I could start one of those threads to test your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    I could start one of those threads to test your theory.
    I will keep my mouth shut on that thread as i do not represent ANY of the people that were directly involved with marves tuning (yet) But i will say that you are not the only one that is keeping quiet at this point.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

take the car back to him and make him fix it,if its problem he stands behind his work,always has. unlike you beloved forrest. instead of talking shit here why not bring it up with him. we all know the F-mans track record. no ones perfect I will be the first to admit it, but its what follows the problem that makes the man. I recall a certain car someone got charged 3 times to look at just to find out it was a improper throttle body install that he did causing all the issues. key there he did it wrong than charged the cust 2-3 times after that not to mention had another person come in to diagnose his fuck up.
    As previously stated no one is perfect you work on enough cars something is bound to happen,but every other one shouldnt get screwed up.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin281 View Post
    Rofl.

And yes. I can laugh. I worked with Forest.

take the car back to him and make him fix it,if its problem he stands behind his work,always has. unlike you beloved forrest. instead of talking shit here why not bring it up with him. we all know the F-mans track record. no ones perfect I will be the first to admit it, but its what follows the problem that makes the man. I recall a certain car someone got charged 3 times to look at just to find out it was a improper throttle body install that he did causing all the issues. key there he did it wrong than charged the cust 2-3 times after that not to mention had another person come in to diagnose his fuck up.
    As previously stated no one is perfect you work on enough cars something is bound to happen,but every other one shouldnt get screwed up.

Why would forrest be liable for a cracked intake that has been recalled by ford? But I do see where you are comming from on the charging the customer several times for shotty work... i obviously dont know the story on that... But I also recall a certiain 04' GT that was stock with marves tune, and marve installed componets, and when the guy was sitting stranded on the freeway the most marve could say was "tiem to spend some real money and get a real motor" Sorry, but a 7 psi vortech on a stock GT should have better reliability.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed