Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar

Insurance What a JOKE!!

So my buddy that got his newer gsxr 600 stolen a few weeks ago got a few grand back for the bike..big woop. he basically rented the bike for 1500 a year But regardless on to my point.. He has 3 speeding tickets on his record and was paying 120 a month for insurance before. We went out last week and he basically finalized buying an 09' cbr 1000rr. The BEST quote for insurance he got was 700 a month!!!!!!!! What a fvckin joke I mean we all know its a nasty fast bike, new and the probability of an accident on a bike is high but really 700....no one in their right mind would pay that So now he has the drive of shame to basically back out of his purchase and look for an older used bike because even an 09' 600rr is like 500+. Im not 100% familiar with bike insurance cause this will be my first year on my own bike but tickets must just make ur price skyrocket. Thankgod I have a great record
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Buy a bike without plastic. You can have a lot of fun on a speed triple and pay a third in insurance.

OMG!WTF. Tell your friend to buy a used one and pay in cash. Did he calls statefarm? Cause that is what i have and its cost me 26 bucks per month. Less than one dollar per day .

10' GTR-R35 PREM BLK/BLK CURRENT PROJECT
    94' GENUINE TRD WB SUPRA SP3.2L GT4780
    09' CBR 1000RR REPSOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2JZIS-F View Post
    OMG!WTF. Tell your friend to buy a used one and pay in cash. Did he calls statefarm? Cause that is what i have and its cost me 26 bucks per month. Less than one dollar per day .
    yea thats who he called and thats who he had prior insurance with.....maybe pissed they had to pay him for his stolen bike and want him dropped now???? who knows
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by T3/T4eclipse View Post
    yea thats who he called and thats who he had prior insurance with.....maybe pissed they had to pay him for his stolen bike and want him dropped now???? who knows

That's exactly what they are doing I work for an insurance company I see people with multiple claims/thefts/dui's that don't pay that kind of insurance for a car let alone a bike.
    Claimsman

yikes

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    $700 a month? That seems absolutely insane!

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Those three speeding tickets are probably catching up to him. Those are nice bikes

That is highway robbery. I pay around $100 a YEAR and suspend even that for around 5-6 months of the year during fall-winter-spring so like $50 a year for a cheap assed 97 CBR 600 F3. its not full coverage but the bike is only worth like $2500 anyways. your buddy ought to go that route - get a cheaper used bike so he doesn't need full coverage on it until his record clears up.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    That is highway robbery. I pay around $100 a YEAR and suspend even that for around 5-6 months of the year during fall-winter-spring so like $50 a year for a cheap assed 97 CBR 600 F3. its not full coverage but the bike is only worth like $2500 anyways. your buddy ought to go that route - get a cheaper used bike so he doesn't need full coverage on it until his record clears up.
    Exactly, i pay maybe 300 a year on my 99 r6. I would like a newer bike but even with a clean record at 24 the insurance would kill me.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

I paid 360 a year for my 954 on liability....full coverage would have been 1100 a year which isn't bad for my age
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    $700 a month? That seems absolutely insane!
    When I was younger I was quoted $1000 on car insurance for my 99 Grand Am GT and my 2000 Eclipse GT. I'll never do business with those companies because of that.

Yes those prices are insane.

Keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLEVO View Post
    Exactly, i pay maybe 300 a year on my 99 r6. I would like a newer bike but even with a clean record at 24 the insurance would kill me.
    yep i feel ya man...i finally gave up lookin for a 996 motor and just purchased a 2000 ducati 748 and figured ill finish the other one later..25 seems to be the magical age...full coverage for me at 24 is $220/mo and $115/mo for liability and they told me when i turn 25 in april that full coverage will be $18/mo.. thats crazy for one year diff : /

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    look to a smaller broker to see what he could get ya. I've heard west bend mutual is a pretty good company? lots of customers have had pleasant experiences with them during accidents. just don't know what the charge is.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    I have West Bend Mutual and have never had a problem with them. I hit a deer once with my car and there was no hesitation to get my car fixed and I got a rental too

Quote Originally Posted by BigSnailBuick View Post
    yep i feel ya man...i finally gave up lookin for a 996 motor and just purchased a 2000 ducati 748 and figured ill finish the other one later..25 seems to be the magical age...full coverage for me at 24 is $220/mo and $115/mo for liability and they told me when i turn 25 in april that full coverage will be $18/mo.. thats crazy for one year diff : /
    I just turned 27 and I'm trying to figure out why my 07 Sportster insurance went up $50/year. I figured that it would go down with my 1 year and 15,000 miles of riding experience.

Time to shop around. The bill is due July 3. I just called State Farm.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Quote Originally Posted by shoooo32 View Post
    Buy a bike without plastic. You can have a lot of fun on a speed triple and pay a third in insurance.

$450 a year full coverage on my eleven hundo.

Awesome. I finally got around to getting a quote on insuring my bike. For just liability (since by bike is probably only worth maybe $1000) through Progressive (that's who my car is through also) it's only $137/ year. That's like $11 a month. Sweet.

Full coverage including underinsured motorist and towing and mine is 34 bux a month...that is crazy
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

Fuck Progressive Insurance:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/06/24...turf-campaign/

Read and learn. Peter Lewis, owner of Progressive, it a liberal douche who pours money into Obama's pockets and many extreme leftist organizations.