Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pull that motor!

Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast95Stang View Post
    Hello everyone! This is Greg's wife Lynn. I am posting this for him while he is at work. He has been really busy working on everyone else's cars the last week and he still has to fix the Focus before we go to NY on Wednesday, so I am helping him out with this post.

Well the first step of "fixing" the engine arrived yesterday. Randy at PER sent us new the new hardened push rods. We are just curious about the quality and reputation of the brand we received. They are from Engine Pro Racing or the other name on the package is Engine Pro Performance (website). They are packaged in plastic bags, with a cardstock topper (to be hung up when at a store). Since we have never bought these ourselves, we were just curious if that is the typical packaging, as well as the quality/reputation. The part number is 581-6250, the measurements on the rods are 5/16 x .083, 6.250.

The old push rods had a little "ball like" knob on both ends, while these ones are completely straight with rounded tips.

If anyone knows anything about these push rods, please post up! We are starting to get concerned about other parts that are in the engine. These rods were not the only part NOT intended for this engine. (Others include the oil pan and timing cover). We hope that there aren't other parts that were not meant for this engine...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have!

Lynn
    Hey if you guys want or need a hand with the car, give me a call, I recently moved to Muskego a few months ago. I really get pissed when someone pays hard earned money for something and then don't get what they pay for. I am a consumer advocate, for just a hobby. I pm'd you my number.

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I'd pull a couple main bearing caps and have a look-see at a bare minimum. Shit floating around in the engine isn't good.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Hey if you guys want or need a hand with the car, give me a call, I recently moved to Muskego a few months ago. I really get pissed when someone pays hard earned money for something and then don't get what they pay for. I am a consumer advocate, for just a hobby. I pm'd you my number.
    Thanks a lot man! If I need a hand with it I will give you a call.
    1995 Mustang GT 347

Thanks go out to:
    Jim Galto- Galto Racing Enterprises
    Karl- Massive Speed System
    (Soon to be) Tuned by Marv @ C&M Performance

Just to clarify what my wife posted... Yes, I did have to swap the timing cover from my old engine. They put on a fox body cover, not a sn-95. The oil pan was fine, I just took that off to put the new timing cover on.

Everyone is making very good points and now that I think about it more I really should try to get them to redo it. The engine is basically ready to come out anyway, just unbolt the accessories and trans.

This sucks
    1995 Mustang GT 347

Thanks go out to:

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    pull it out dont waste time now

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

that sucks what happened but thats what you get for getting on it with a 4 year old in the car. How dumb can you be?

Let me clarify something

Quote Originally Posted by BeagZ View Post
    that sucks what happened but thats what you get for getting on it with a 4 year old in the car. How dumb can you be?
    I guess I wasn't clear enough in my first post on this topic...
    Here are the details of what lead up to me "getting on it."

1. My 4 year old niece was standing INSIDE the house while my car was warming up on the driveway.
    2. I had it warming up so I could take my uncle, who was visiting from CA, for a ride. (He has never been in my 'Stang).
    3. She, my niece, was jumping up and down by the front door yelling, "faster, faster Uncle Greg" (Lynn came out and told me that and when the car was warm to take it past the house so she, my niece, could see me).
    4. She, my niece, was NOT in the car with me... Hell, no one at the house could even see my car where I shut it down! I was alone with the car.

Next time make sure you have the facts before you jump the gun and call someone dumb. I am not that kind of a guy!

Just so this topic doesn't get hijacked anymore, if anyone needs to respond to BeagZ post, please start a new topic or PM me. This thread is about the trouble I am having with my engine.
    1995 Mustang GT 347

Thanks go out to:

Quote Originally Posted by BeagZ View Post
    stop now please

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    This group contains a bunch of people that are fawkin' tards when it comes to how others raise their children. If someone isn't beating their children for the hell of it, molesting them, throwing them in front of a bus, or causing them severe undue mental anguish... then shut the fsck up.

Anyway, I still believe you should pull the engine apart. Unless you only have like $700 into it, then it doesn't matter as much. But it sounds like you have some coin in it so I'd pull it.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

I would do what the builder says. If your worried about him standing behind it, ask him if there's a related problem in the future if he'll stand behind it, if not then go from there. He's a reputable builder that's been in business for a LONG time, has been known to stand behind he work, and builds some sick motors, check NMCA and NMRA.
    IMO..You probably had more metal flying around in that motor during break-in then you do now.

^then wouldn't he know to put the correct timing cover on and the correct pushrods,everyone makes mistakes. he admitted to it he should do what Greg wants done not what he wants done.

^ Whatever, someday I hope to live in your world

^ what world is that,the one where you should recieve what you paid for.

BCM Cruiser
    I found 2 severely bent pushrods in my Cleveland the first drive this year. Replaced them all and so far so good

thats a good thing,what caused them to bend,or were they just bad parts

Quote Originally Posted by Fast95Stang View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear enough in my first post on this topic...
    Here are the details of what lead up to me "getting on it."

1. My 4 year old niece was standing INSIDE the house while my car was warming up on the driveway.
    2. I had it warming up so I could take my uncle, who was visiting from CA, for a ride. (He has never been in my 'Stang).
    3. She, my niece, was jumping up and down by the front door yelling, "faster, faster Uncle Greg" (Lynn came out and told me that and when the car was warm to take it past the house so she, my niece, could see me).
    4. She, my niece, was NOT in the car with me... Hell, no one at the house could even see my car where I shut it down! I was alone with the car.

Next time make sure you have the facts before you jump the gun and call someone dumb. I am not that kind of a guy!

Just so this topic doesn't get hijacked anymore, if anyone needs to respond to BeagZ post, please start a new topic or PM me. This thread is about the trouble I am having with my engine.

Ok thats alot different than flooring it with a 4 year old kid in the car. Hope you can fix your car.

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy MF'ng Johnson! View Post
    thats a good thing,what caused them to bend,or were they just bad parts
    I think the adjustable rockers weren't set correctly

I would have them pull it and tear it down, with documentation....you spent too much money to receive all the headaches you are having now greg
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I believe it's unrealistic to demand a new motor at this stage.