Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pt cruiser?

pt cruiser?

does anyone know the difference bewteen the 2.4 turbo motor in the cruise and the srt-4?
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

its the same....pt cruiser has a different intake manifold

ahh ok i just kept seeing a 15 horse rating difference wasnt sure if they ran the same bottom end or same cams ya know what i mean?

but the cruiser is a few lbs heavier...
    -Kyle

Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    its the same....pt cruiser has a different intake manifold

not exactly true, it depends on what PT turbo, there was a regular 2.4turbo and a 2.4L High output turbo, only the GTs had the Hi outputs and it was good for an extra 35 hp
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's correct...the light pressure turbo that made 180hp can generally be indentified by the "2.4 turbo" whereas a GT will simply have the HO 2.4 turbo. The two are built differently, so the 180hp versions aren't nearly as moddable as the 215hp versions.

The lowly 180hp version simply rectifies the main complaint with the PT cruiser, in that it doesn't have a whole lotta go with an auto trans sans turbo. It's basically the "mexican 2.4" since there is a need to offset the high altitude in mexico city.

You can get a stage 1 or 2 kit for those from mopar...but I don't think the stage 3 and new turbo are offered for the GT's.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    I have a buddy that's got an PTGT Vert (are they all vert?!). Goes pretty good, hell of a sleeper that is for sure. In terms of the bottom end and cams of the HO IIRC they are identical to the NSRT-4 stuff. That engine can take 400whp reliably and I've even seen people go as high as 500 (although you are playing with fire at that point).

I thought the engines were the same...just computer limited....hmmmm

im pondering my next project lol
    -Kyle

KCCO!

pt=

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    I have a buddy that's got an PTGT Vert (are they all vert?!). Goes pretty good, hell of a sleeper that is for sure. In terms of the bottom end and cams of the HO IIRC they are identical to the NSRT-4 stuff. That engine can take 400whp reliably and I've even seen people go as high as 500 (although you are playing with fire at that point).

ive seen a few regular PT Gts. Had to put a clutch in one.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by folkswagen View Post
    pt=
    trying to find something i can afford to insure
    -Kyle

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    trying to find something i can afford to insure
    lol no they wont know its turbo.

I can see the plate on this thing now.

PT LOSR
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

2 grand is cheap! I like it, bet its ghetto as fuuuuuu...

I had to call and find out, its on an 89 S10 Blazer chassis, 4.3 Carb'd blazer motor. Supposedly it runs and drives, all new front end and steering components. HAHA!
    Last edited by pOrk; 10-31-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

That 'thing' belongs to a friend of mine/my brother and Brad donated the Neon body......

Have you seen it? How ghetto is it?

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

It has been some time since I looked at it in person and don't recall enough to give an solid opinion. I could take another look if you're seriously interested, it's only a mile or so from my house and I drive past it quite often......

I'm nothing more then curious I would pay closer to 500 for something like that, it is a neon after all...