Threaded View

THE "SMOKIN' RAM" 2.8 pull truck build

well long story short I ended up keep my 02. I SOLD EVERYTHING I had for the the truck performance wise. even the stack.... any way the last few weeks Iv been dumbing cash into this thing to make it wicked. it will be purpose built 2.8 class pull truck. I no longer drive it daily drive it so the whole street drivable thing is being used fairly broad. so far the truck will no longer be computer controlled. I am swapping out the pesky vp44 injection pump to a modified bosch p7100 unit off an older 12v. the pump has my custom ground fuel plate, 5k rpm gov springs, modified rack plug for it to travel 21mm. the pump fuels .120 fuel lines (stock .078 ) fueling custom injectors that are around 240hp units. since I have to pull the cam out to do the swap I bought a custom ground unit. the engine now will have a common rail head, off a 2005 truck. they flow WAY more then a factory unit stock. I will also be getting the exhaust side ported a bit. you cant port the intake side unless you machine off the intake. To me that $1300 bill to do it for 20 extra hp isnt worth it. it will have machined copper "fire rings" instead of an O ring. they allow upwards of 90psi of boost with out popping the head gasket. head will be loaded with 110lb valve springs, chromo push rods with a billet tip, all held down with 12mm head studs. the bottom end will be supported with a main gridle and arp fasteners due to it spinning 4500 rpms . the truck will have a custom s400 turbo. The turbo is a custom unit with a extended tip 75mm compressor 80/96mm with a 93 a/r. i will be running a custom 2 stg water injection setup. small things getting installed are a fluid dampner harmonic balancer, electric fans, electric water pump. the trans is going to stay an AT for now. more then likely will have a Goerend built unit in it. most of the "big" stuff is not going on at one time. I dont have $10k to dump into it at one time. so this thread will be updated. tho most of the stuff I have bought was a trade for something I had for sale. Build stg 1 will be getting the p-pump on. im hoping to break 400hp on a hx35w charger and cam. Stg 2 will be the common rail head, s400 charger, and custom injectors, should be around 600hp fuel only 650 on water. Stg 3 will happen this winter. where it will probly get a 13mm injection pump, fly cut pistons and billet rods with a balanced rotating assembly. looking for 750+ on a single charger.

this is the turbo i have. its off this truck
    http://video.competitiondiesel.com/r...3800d18d63.htm

so this last week I have been cleaning the engine bay. I hid the entire engine harness and removed the A/C, one battery and grid heater.

before:

after:

hid the wiring and ecm in the body under the windshield

big hole to get the conectors through.
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 08-28-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package