Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

THE "SMOKIN' RAM" 2.8 pull truck build

well long story short I ended up keep my 02. I SOLD EVERYTHING I had for the the truck performance wise. even the stack.... any way the last few weeks Iv been dumbing cash into this thing to make it wicked. it will be purpose built 2.8 class pull truck. I no longer drive it daily drive it so the whole street drivable thing is being used fairly broad. so far the truck will no longer be computer controlled. I am swapping out the pesky vp44 injection pump to a modified bosch p7100 unit off an older 12v. the pump has my custom ground fuel plate, 5k rpm gov springs, modified rack plug for it to travel 21mm. the pump fuels .120 fuel lines (stock .078 ) fueling custom injectors that are around 240hp units. since I have to pull the cam out to do the swap I bought a custom ground unit. the engine now will have a common rail head, off a 2005 truck. they flow WAY more then a factory unit stock. I will also be getting the exhaust side ported a bit. you cant port the intake side unless you machine off the intake. To me that $1300 bill to do it for 20 extra hp isnt worth it. it will have machined copper "fire rings" instead of an O ring. they allow upwards of 90psi of boost with out popping the head gasket. head will be loaded with 110lb valve springs, chromo push rods with a billet tip, all held down with 12mm head studs. the bottom end will be supported with a main gridle and arp fasteners due to it spinning 4500 rpms . the truck will have a custom s400 turbo. The turbo is a custom unit with a extended tip 75mm compressor 80/96mm with a 93 a/r. i will be running a custom 2 stg water injection setup. small things getting installed are a fluid dampner harmonic balancer, electric fans, electric water pump. the trans is going to stay an AT for now. more then likely will have a Goerend built unit in it. most of the "big" stuff is not going on at one time. I dont have $10k to dump into it at one time. so this thread will be updated. tho most of the stuff I have bought was a trade for something I had for sale. Build stg 1 will be getting the p-pump on. im hoping to break 400hp on a hx35w charger and cam. Stg 2 will be the common rail head, s400 charger, and custom injectors, should be around 600hp fuel only 650 on water. Stg 3 will happen this winter. where it will probly get a 13mm injection pump, fly cut pistons and billet rods with a balanced rotating assembly. looking for 750+ on a single charger.

this is the turbo i have. its off this truck
    http://video.competitiondiesel.com/r...3800d18d63.htm

so this last week I have been cleaning the engine bay. I hid the entire engine harness and removed the A/C, one battery and grid heater.

before:

after:

hid the wiring and ecm in the body under the windshield

big hole to get the conectors through.
    Last edited by SmokinRAM114; 08-28-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Looks like you got quite the build going on there! Look forward to seeing it completed
    -Tyler

MOAR PICS OF GIRL INSIDE THE TRUCK!

LMAO her and carey hart, motocross racer, or some of u may no owner of hart and huntington tatoo.

there are better ones a float here on bcm some where LOL

BADASS!

Oh, and I was talking about the truck!

Make sure then when you turn the wipers on, it doesn't unplug your ecm!

My vote is for a hood stack. Man up!

Hood stack is the ONLY way to go! Oh btw, leave a pass. seat in for a little while. I want a ride

This brings up a good point to show my fav hood stack truck video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEywP...eature=related

P Pump ftw
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 03-23-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

chadly, it will sound like that probly after winter, only better cuz it will be a cummins it will have a small lope to it now tho. god if i bring this thing down to the custard stand and get pulled over, it better at least make the dirty stallis paper or news. you know ill bring it down there

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    god if i bring this thing down to the custard stand and get pulled over, it better at least make the dirty stallis paper or news. you know ill bring it down there

The Stallis paper would read.... "Three badass Mustangs, and one hilbilly truck spotted on hwy 100!

chadly, it will sound like that probly after winter, only better cuz it will be a cummins it will have a small lope to it now tho. god if i bring this thing down to the custard stand and get pulled over, it better at least make the dirty stallis paper or news. you know ill bring it down there
    Im holding you to that! Ill be there whenever you're going to make the trip to the custard stand!
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Looks awesome Chris!
    You have to bring it out so finally someone else can get an exhaust violation besides me!
    Will it idle like my "Race Tune"? lol

yes i diesel build that includes more then an intake chip and exhaust! haha nice!
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    yes i diesel build that includes more then an intake chip and exhaust! haha nice!
    yea, bobby already beat me too that too tho his motor was out of the psd

ahh shit that is true, i need more money so i can buy another truck to build haha
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    thats the cool thing about deseil engines. they can make some crazy power with simple stuff
    ~Joe~UNITED SATES NAVY
    LT4 Hotcam, LT headers, Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 58mm TB, FLT Trans, 2800 Stall, UMI suspension

My build was definately not as in depth as what you are doing now! If we race, you only have access to your economy tune while I get to run for my life balls out!

I can't wait to hear it run!

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    My build was definately not as in depth as what you are doing now! If we race, you only have access to your economy tune while I get to run for my life balls out!

I can't wait to hear it run!
    lol there wont be adjustable tune set on kill 100% of the time. dude it would take me like 45min to back the pump down. bisch is mechanical now, no need for "chip" ill back the boost down to like..... 40? and i cant wait either! my pump/brackets/gear/and housing shipped to day. still waiting on the new fuel system.. had to order a new fass system i need minimum 30psi and a garden hose feed of 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by 1997 Trans-Am View Post
    thats the cool thing about deseil engines. they can make some crazy power with simple stuff
    im the outcast on this board. I like my fox bodies but gota love the diesels! LOL you can definetly make power with a cummins before any serious tear downs. iv seen 700hp out of 03 newer and the head (not that id trust that) or bottom end has EVER been apart.. them powerstroke and duramaxes need rods around a stout 650hp. lookin at $2000+ there is guys near 2,000hp on stock balanced shot peened/cyro treated in a cummins with a1 rod bolts. I can buy a set of these or have mine done under $800

i love diesels, but dont quite get the truck pulling thing? its cool, dont get me wrong, not my cup of tea. i really want a 7.3ps excursion for a tow vehicle, if dodge would come out with a full size suv diesel like the excursion, i would buy one in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by lasttimearound View Post
    i love diesels, but dont quite get the truck pulling thing? its cool, dont get me wrong, not my cup of tea. i really want a 7.3ps excursion for a tow vehicle, if dodge would come out with a full size suv diesel like the excursion, i would buy one in a heart beat.
    lol i dont get it either.. it takes a retarded swap into a chassis to make them go faster then 10s in 1/4.. so i figure make it retard in the body it came in and try to pull 30k lbs 300ft

it sucks this diesel kick is going on, i want to find a cheap cummin dodge, not happening. whereas you could find 2g rams with the cummins for around 8-15k just 3-5 years ago