Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Breecher_7

The Blue Jew Drives Again!!! (56K NO GO!!!)

Yes my thread title is tasteless and may be politically incorrect and or offensive but I do not care. That is what I have named this thing...
    Most of you know the story. Someone that obviously doesnt have clue got there hands on this thing, raped it, and I spend the past 4 months unscrewing it.
    On with the details!

The disassembly Begins!

Im figuring this is how it was done the first time?

Look at all the fucked up stuff we found!! Imagine that! The discrepecies with the engine are not photographed as tom did not take pictures when he disassembled it. The pistons were damaged, lifters cracked, block junk, bearings in wrong and the list continues…..

Plugs Melted

Breecher_7
    Fuel Tank Hacked Up To Fit His Jerry Rigged Fuel System That Did Not Work.

The Fuel Pump Hat That Was Created! The entire “fuel system” that was installed has been removed and re-ran as it was a joke and did not function properly. Wait till you see the one that’s in it now. It just started shipping as production today, I got it as a prototype 2 months ago. Its really nice and the only aftermarket in tank pump hangar available for the C5. You will have to wait to see it though!

“Someones” Idea Of Pulley Spacers! I replaced these sockets with aluminum spacers I made at work.

This is the buggered up IAT wiring for the IAT being relocated from the MAF to the blower manifold. This all had to be re-wired.

Breecher_7
    Now Onto The New Fuel System!
    Oh Look, A NEW tank! I got this from a salvage yard down south. GM wants over $800 for this new..

The Corvettes have a rather complex fuel system. They have two tanks, one on each side of the car. They have an educator type siphon pump in the passenger side tank that uses fuel pressure supplied by the pumps to create a suction and transfer that fuel over to the drivers side tank. The tanks do not “level” out. The passenger side tank is completely emptied before the drivers side is used. The following pictures show all the crossover lines. This fuel system took me over a week to figure out . And a Big thanks to Jeff (slowc5) for the information he sent my way. The fuel system runs two in tank pumps with – 6 feeds that go to a Y-block and become one -8 Feed to the rails.

Yes, That is a trailer hitch plug. Josh has a nice plug on order but is there till it arrives!!!

This is the prototype fuel hat system I conviced Will at RSI to relase to me. Big thanks to Will and all the guys at RSI, this part is a masterpiece!

Last edited by Breecher_7; 03-20-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Breecher_7
    Onto the engine assembly. Big thanks to Tom for putting the longblock together for me, I did not feel comfortable as I had never assembled an LS series engine before, so I left it to the pro. Also a big thanks to the guys at NVR racing for there superior machine work, great pricing, and speedy turn around.

Brand New Iron Block, Forged Crank, Stud Girdle and Main Studs.... Balanced and Clearanced by NVR... I think its safe to pound on!

Last edited by Breecher_7; 03-20-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Breecher_7

Breecher_7
    And Finally, Everything Being Re-Installed.

The pully currently on it makes 11psi and is the one being used to break it in. The one above it makes???, Guess we will find out…….

So that was my winter project in a nutshell. And once again a big thanks to Tom, Jeff, the guys at NVR Racing, Jeff at total performance engineering, Will at Racing Solutions Inc and the many others I interrogated during this project looking for answers and solutions.
    OH and of course a biggest thanks to Josh, the owner and my good friend that allowed me to spend his money how I saw fit to do this correctly.
    Last edited by Breecher_7; 03-20-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Holy shit. !!! You boys have been super busy. Nothing like a virgin lsx block. Pure Sex I tell ya. Oh and Tom you look pretty good on your Knees.

Also guy by the name of Andy from Keneppers is going to be in contact with you guys. I told him to tell you I sent him. He owns a Shop in Bay View area.
    Last edited by Holeshot; 03-20-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Looking good...!!!

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Holy shit. !!! You boys have been super busy. Nothing like a virgin lsx block. Pure Sex I tell ya. Oh and Tom you look pretty good on your Knees.

Also guy by the name of Andy from Keneppers is going to be in contact with you guys. I told him to tell you I sent him. He owns a Shop in Bay View area.
    In contact with who and for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    In contact with who and for what?
    Tuning at WBD

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Tuning at WBD
    Ah, Gotcha! Brad will glady take his business!

Wow, what kind of noob buys a car like that... and hacks away at it like it's a early 90's Honda?

Hope you got a heal of a deal on it that.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    damn..looks really good.

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    blue car, black wheels = sex
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by wikked View Post
    Wow, what kind of noob buys a car like that... and hacks away at it like it's a early 90's Honda?

Hope you got a heal of a deal on it that.
    Obviously you dont know whats going on here.... The car was a bone stock 02 Z06 with 7K miles on it when Josh bought it.

It fell into the the wrong persons hands.... Twice...

Thats pretty much what happened.

Very few of us know what's going on here. From the way you made it sound, he had bought the car this way.

Car has been through hell and back by whoever the shit worked on it the first few times around. Looks like its coming together now.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Very few of us know what's going on here. From the way you made it sound, he had bought the car this way.

Car has been through hell and back by whoever the shit worked on it the first few times around. Looks like its coming together now.
    It was a product of Big 3 and everyone's favorite mechanic...

That should clear it up...

This is what I wanted your brother to look at but he never called me back. It needs a SERIOUS buffing.

I dig the hood. Especially since it has the motivation to back it up.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    looks great!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Great job on the clean up! and props to NVR, nickerson is doing my tta engine now, and props to bad ls1