Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar

Brass Mutilation

Thanks to efforts by elected officials...the recent DoD policy if the destruction of small arms brass has been reversed. Cool for re-loaders who dig LC brass or manufacturers like Black Hills or others who depend on that brass as components for finished product. Figured I would pass this along.

Dear MSSA Friends,

I just received a phone call from the office of U.S. Senator Tester of Montana to inform me that at 5:15 (EST) today a letter cosigned by Senator Tester (D-MT) and Senator Baucus (D-MT) was faxed to the Department of Defense asking DoD to reverse its new policy requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass. At 5:30, I am told, Tester's office received a fax back from DoD saying that the brass destruction policy IS reversed.
    Others report to me that they are already seeing evidence of this on the Websites of entities that liquidate surplus DoD commodities.

Our thanks go out to Senator Tester and Senator Baucus, and their staff, for getting on this problem promptly and making the reversal happen
    Staff for Tester and Baucus promise they will get me the documentation for this reversal tomorrow morning. I'll forward that when I get it.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association

http://www.mtssa.org

author, Gun Laws of Montana

Yep, I heard about this. It was a stupid policy to begin with.

Yep and already been reversed so nothing to worry about. Was big talk over on AR15.com

But it is just stupid that they would do that because they were going to put alot of people out of work with that stupid idea.