2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar

ls1 valve cover options(aftermarket)

i was going to buy speedinc's but they are still on back order and can't tell me when they will get them...they have been on backorder for about a month.

i would like something polished to look nice under the hood but don't want to spend $700 for them...thats a little much for me...

so if anybody has any leads as to where to get some please post up some links
    and i tried searching ls1tech but there search is always jacked up..

oh and tom the heads will be here this friday.as of now i will not be doing the valve covers and coil relocation kit. that stuff will stay the way it is.. i should get the fuel rails then either friday or early next week. then i will have everything.

TIA

Breecher_7
    Talk to 2badZ's, he has a set of killer tig welded aluminum ones for sale. I was going to put them on josh's vette but they wont clear the blower. Wants a VERY reasonable price for them!!! They are powdercoated black but could be stripped and polished if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    Talk to 2badZ's, he has a set of killer tig welded aluminum ones for sale. I was going to put them on josh's vette but they wont clear the blower. Wants a VERY reasonable price for them!!! They are powdercoated black but could be stripped and polished if you wanted.
    i was looking at the katech ones and thinking of the black powdercoat instead of the bare alluminum but im not sure how that would look.. i like the bling facter i already have polished battery cover,traction controle module cover,brakefluid cover,and fuse box covers.. plus i got new coated headers to replace the rusted painted ones...

and im getting silver/polished fuel rails with black anidized fittings.. i wonder if the black would look better than polished....

Breecher_7
    Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    i was looking at the katech ones and thinking of the black powdercoat instead of the bare alluminum but im not sure how that would look.. i like the bling facter i already have polished battery cover,traction controle module cover,brakefluid cover,and fuse box covers.. plus i got new coated headers to replace the rusted painted ones...

and im getting silver/polished fuel rails with black anidized fittings.. i wonder if the black would look better than polished....
    For what he wants for them, they would be worth stripping and polishing if that is the route you wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Breecher_7 View Post
    For what he wants for them, they would be worth stripping and polishing if that is the route you wanted to go.
    how do you take powdercoat off?

sanding or chemical? i like the nasty performance covers like they are without powdercoat and without polish..

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    how do you take powdercoat off?

sanding or chemical? i like the nasty performance covers like they are without powdercoat and without polish..
    paint stripper will do it

Quote Originally Posted by 2 bad z's View Post
    paint stripper will do it
    ive been looking online and i guess gasket remover will also take it off.. i will most likely take them. im just waiting for speedinc. to refund my money...