I need 1 stock used LS1 headbolt

Need to make a tap to clean out the holes in my block because the cheapest tap I've found is $124!! Anyone have one laying around?
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    What size and pitch tap do you need?
    1968 Mustang GT Coupe, 302 J-code, 3-speed, 9" 3.25 open diff., 1 of 1.
    1979 Mustang Pace Car 5.0 Auto 38K miles.
    1983 Mustang 5.0 5sp. GT T-top hatch.
    1986 Mustang 5.0 5sp. LX Conv.
    1986 Mustang 5.0 5sp. GT Conv.
    1989 Saleen #519 5.0 5sp. 1 of 3 FOR SALE

I've got em if you want to pick them up.
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

I'm sure I have one at the shop, location is waukesha. I'll be there tonight from 3:30 til late

JEFF

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

BCM Cruiser
    I have a few of them already ground down for that same purpose. Large ones and the small ones for the top row.

You can have them if you'd like. PM me if interested, I'll be around all day today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by portponies View Post
    What size and pitch tap do you need?
    If I recall, the LS head bolt thread is M11 x 2.0, which is very unique thread size, and why the tap is so expensive (if you can even find one).

Taps aren't meant to chase existing threads anyways, they are made to cut new threads. They of course work for cleaning purposes, but that's a quick way to dull a tap. ARP makes a chaser in this thread size for this exact purpose, but it too, is not cheap, and not worth it unless you do this job often.
    A stock head bolt with a flat or two ground into the threads works just fine at getting the junk out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow2k1vette View Post
    I have a few of them already ground down for that same purpose. Large ones and the small ones for the top row.

You can have them if you'd like. PM me if interested, I'll be around all day today and tomorrow.

If I recall, the LS head bolt thread is M11 x 2.0, which is very unique thread size, and why the tap is so expensive (if you can even find one).

Taps aren't meant to chase existing threads anyways, they are made to cut new threads. They of course work for cleaning purposes, but that's a quick way to dull a tap. ARP makes a chaser in this thread size for this exact purpose, but it too, is not cheap, and not worth it unless you do this job often.
    A stock head bolt with a flat or two ground into the threads works just fine at getting the junk out.

Yup M11 x 2.0 I looked EVERYWHERE, everyone said they had never even heard of it. At Ace Hardware the guy asked me what it was for. I said an LS1 he's like what's that, some Mitsubishi motor or something? lol Thanks for the replies guys.

2000 Civic

I am almost positive I have some bolts laying around. pm me if you cant get any soon enough for ya.

dude, i pm'd you on ls1tech. ive got a whole set if you want them.
    2006 CCSB sierra
    2000 NBM Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000navyz View Post
    dude, i pm'd you on ls1tech. ive got a whole set if you want them.
    I think me pm box was full at the time! Thanks for the offer though, just picked some up tonight and they work great. Thanks Tom!!

2000 Civic