Sports show = lame

Just got back from the sports show, waste of $8. They should just call it the boat and lodge show, with some other stuff
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    sport show blows they made it to expensive for all the good vendors to come to. my father and i use to go to it every year. this is the first year we wont be going because we both came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money. it all started when they had the show at the Midwest express center. there where a few good vendors like the guy you could buy rubber bait by the gallon and some really good deals on tree stands..

I stopped at one booth that I have interest in purchasing from was the booth with all the Pelican hard cases custom cut foam to fit your firearms. I already have the Pelican case so I want to know how much they are going to rape me to cut the foam correctly since mine looks horrible that I did myself. It was The Pelican Store

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    i got 16 tins of chew at minimum of $5 a tin i made out on the deal, other than that it sucked the lumberjack show was alright the announcer girl didn't look bad
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    hmmm i used to really like to go but it just got old

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    i just went for the tobacco lol
    1968 Camaro 383

I don't chew (and besides if I did the skoal girls at the WOW were better than the dudes at the sprts show) I only saw a few gun things and I wasn't going to pay $450 for an enfield. Even the NRA wasn't there, of all years I thought for sure they'd be there.
    I don't fish or boat so 90% of the show had no interest for me
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by GR8COM View Post
    I stopped at one booth that I have interest in purchasing from was the booth with all the Pelican hard cases custom cut foam to fit your firearms. I already have the Pelican case so I want to know how much they are going to rape me to cut the foam correctly since mine looks horrible that I did myself. It was The Pelican Store
    i looked at there cases.. they are pretty nice.. its tobad i dont have the funds to pay that much for a case. so for now im just going to pick up another gander mountain case.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    The Army corner was cool tho right?

I had to work sat and sun.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post

hah. you should have said something. I would have stopped over.
    1968 Camaro 383

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    hah. you should have said something. I would have stopped over.
    Yeah,I did wonder if you'd be there but then I thought that would be too far away for you
    Jamie

I picked up my Pflueger President reel for a pretty good price, could find the right rod i wanted to go with tho
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

Quote Originally Posted by RUBICON View Post

Playing Guitar Hero...???

Quote Originally Posted by DSMDuDE View Post
    I picked up my Pflueger President reel for a pretty good price, could find the right rod i wanted to go with tho

very nice.. i bought one at the sports show last year.. it was for my ultralight.. i put it on my st. croix last summer i caught a 30" 5.5lb bass with that combo.. broke the rod but the reel was great the whole way through the factory replaced the rod when i sent in a picture of the fish
    Last edited by That_Guy; 03-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    very nice.. i bought one at the sports show last year.. it was for my ultralight.. i put it on my st. croxy last summer i caught a 30" 5.5lb bass with that combo.. broke the rod but the reel was great the whole way through the factory replaced the rod when i sent in a picture of the fish
    St. Croix rods are guarenteed for life. I have never had one break on me, what happened that made it fail, did they ever say???

I'm looking for a St. Croix or a fenwick 6'6" or 7' medium heavy power with fast tip. Get that then I will be set.
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    St. Croix rods are guarenteed for life. I have never had one break on me, what happened that made it fail, did they ever say???
    they never said but i did get a letter back from them with my rod saying that the picture i sent it was going to be put up on the there pin board.. they payed for the shipping and everything.. ill never buy another fishing rod unless its a st. croix.. not to mention gotta support an american made product.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    they never said but i did get a letter back from them with my rod saying that the picture i sent it was going to be put up on the there pin board.. they payed for the shipping and everything.. ill never buy another fishing rod unless its a st. croix.. not to mention gotta support an american made product.

I will stop picking on your grammer if you'll furnish proof that you were only able to complete the 2nd grade.

On topic - I signed up for St. Croix's "blooper" poles and received about 12 of them in a box a year ago - some with broken tips (big deal) and some with some eyes missing or paint that was chipped. I think I had to pay for shipping ($15?) but the poles were free.