2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar

2007 dodge charger questions

ok so my brother got a new to him CHARGER...he got the 3.5l v6. anyways i was wondering if anybody knows of good sites to look up information on these cars and how they handle mods...he for sure wants to do a catback exhaust with dual tips....instead of the stock single exhaust. and a cold air intake of some sort. i know nothing about these motors so..i don't want to tell him to buy something that is crap.
    thanks for the help
    Mike
    Last edited by 0TransAm0; 03-01-2009 at 09:00 PM.

thanks to whoever changed the title.
    Last edited by 0TransAm0; 03-02-2009 at 08:07 AM.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They make the basics for this car...exhaust/dual tips, no probs. Cold air intake, no probs. Programmers, no prob...the programmers really help put an edge to the engine. It's got a nice mercedes based 5 speed auto behind it.

IIRC, should be ~ mid 15's bone stock. Throw the above at it, and you could hit high 14's perhaps.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

dude....i have a 3.5 charger...and it kicks ass!! i just got the diablo sport tuner and it really wakes the car up. theres a company called modern muscle that made a supercharger kit that made 304 rwhp on a stock 300c. theres also a company called inertia motorsports that makes 3 different cams, and they are workin on heads and a stroker kit. the parts are almost endless now for the 3.5
    I was a Soldier, I am a Soldier, I will always be a Soldier

thanks for the info guys i will let him know.and make him take pics and such for me to post...

edit. better yet i should just make him join bcm.

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Dodgetalk.com
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

formerly known as Madison Dave Cleveland Dave's Avatar
    that car needs something to wake it up....i had one for a rental a few weeks ago.

the diablosport predator really wakes the car up...ive had mine about a week and drove my buddies charger without it and it felt so different...overall very happy with the tuner...it should be the first or one of the first mods

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Dave View Post
    that car needs something to wake it up....i had one for a rental a few weeks ago.
    Most rental chargers I've ever seen are 2.7's....190hp/200ft-lbs of torque and 4 speed auto....not much is going to wake up such a small engine in such a larger car.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

yeah the 2.7 is a pretty pointless engine. There is basic crap out for it like a k&n CAI and cat backs n whatnot but the market for the 3.5 is amazing.

DId they make these with AWD? If so has anyone herd of any issues? Looking to replace the wifes car & AWD would be nice. Also what kind of mpg are they getting?

i don't think they are AWD just RWD..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoNotch View Post
    DId they make these with AWD? If so has anyone herd of any issues? Looking to replace the wifes car & AWD would be nice. Also what kind of mpg are they getting?
    Starting in 2007 you could get the Charger with AWD...the system (like the trans) is basically a mercedes 4MATIC system. Both the trans and AWD system have been reliable...and both engines they're available with are considered reliable too.

You can spot them due to their increased ground clearence (~1-2" more than stock) and a small AWD tag under "Charger" emblem.

The performance difference in acceleration isn't dramatic due to the heavier AWD system being geared differently than their 2WD counterparts. The 3.5 normally uses 3.42:1, but uses 3.90:1 when paired with AWD....the v8's normally are paired with 2.8x, but go with 3.42's in AWD form. Fuel mileage goes down 2 mpg or so in AWD form. I would think ~ mid 20's hwy would be the norm with either v8 or 3.5 v6.

a pic so you can see the ground clearence:
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 03-14-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Danielle... times change. Poncho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DFJ6000 View Post
    dude....i have a 3.5 charger...and it kicks ass!! i just got the diablo sport tuner and it really wakes the car up. theres a company called modern muscle that made a supercharger kit that made 304 rwhp on a stock 300c. theres also a company called inertia motorsports that makes 3 different cams, and they are workin on heads and a stroker kit. the parts are almost endless now for the 3.5
    The 300C would be a V8
    Well, at the very least, I have an interesting back story.

my mistake it was just a 300......

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Usefull thread. I'm looking at picking up a Magnum SXT. Test drove one tonite and for the most part liked it. Good to know there's plenty of aftermarket support for them. Might go down to IL Saturday to make an offer on one I really like.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

I am a big fan of the Mopar Cold air intakes, they look slick and fit perfectly, as far as exhaust, Magnaflows sound great either as a kit or having a custom exhaust made at an exhaust shop.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRev SUPPORT View Post
    I am a big fan of the Mopar Cold air intakes, they look slick and fit perfectly, as far as exhaust, Magnaflows sound great either as a kit or having a custom exhaust made at an exhaust shop.
    the mopar ones are AEM's, they just slap a mopar name on it. Usually the mopar ones are a lil pricey...the most popular one as far as best gains and price is from a company called AFE...I just installed one on my charger and its amazing

There is a couple of forums that I'm a part of but the most informative would have to be LXforums.com there is a lot of info on that site.Also check out Club-cow.com it's just getting started but you can get some helpful info. there as well.
    Mods list:Satin Black Daytona style graphics,Satin black spoiler,20"X9" Satin Black Viper replicas,JBA headers & Hi-flow cats,AFE StageII Cold Air Intake,Predator 93oct. tune,Billet technologies dress up items,SLP Loudmouth 1